Sanctuary ~Chug

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by Chuggers on Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:35 pm

This was going to be longer, but I wanted it to fit the song :|



or you could watch it here and be a noob or something

Some Cool Information :
Track Length - 49 Seconds
Lines - 2048
Lines Per Second - 41.8
This track took about 2 months to poop out



C&C Is greatly appreciated.
avatar
Chuggers
Member

mass-producing masterpieces

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by linerage on Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:53 pm

omagahd jieezzzzz

_________________


avatar
linerage
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by OTDE on Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:59 pm

This is really incredible. Such a compact track. Keep making tracks. I see you in LCC soon ;D
avatar
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Community Pick: Braggadocio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by rabid squirrel on Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:30 pm

very nice!

_________________
Support My Art
A playlist of my best tracks
To keep up with what I'm up to in the world of Line Rider, follow me:
My Twitter | My Tumblr | My Twitch | My Facebook Page | My Instagram
(You can also follow my patreon and see all public posts completely for free)
avatar
rabid squirrel
Member

I'm the artsy guy round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by Rafael on Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:43 am

C-C-C-Combo breaker.
I didn't like it. The music sync was nice but I couldn't really see what was happening. Also, you overcomplicated it. You couldn't make a flatsled curve without adding all kinds of stuff to it that don't do anything but ruin the sight. They didn't add speed, but only made the curve look wobbly. The tricks were also all short, and adding the fact that you couldn't see much because of the zoom/messiness, it also became quite repetitive. Also, some smooth airtime would've fit this track sooo well. Especially with the music. Didn't notice one instance of it. Skillwise, you're good enough for LCC, but entertainmentwise, you still miss a lot of things.
Of course this is my opinion.

_________________
Jam
Supersonic Motion

The Entity - Cheetah - The Source
Heart Attack - Sonic Motion
Imperial - Nuclear Fission - Perclusion - Compilation Damnsexy
avatar
Rafael
Line Rider Legend


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by Wolf_Spirit on Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:38 am

A few things:
DAT STOP @0:31
Clappy hands!
And it was so great seeing ths released after seeing it on the stram so many times ^^
I personally found the track really entertaining, the sync in both the track and colour playback was fantastic! Also, I've never really minded about the aesthetics of a bare track, that should only really count in scenery IMO. So yeah, awesome stuff Sam Very Happy

_________________

H4M W4Z H3R3
Sig by Lankher 'cos he is...Banned [ ] Not Banned [x]
I believe in magic.

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by Helios Pavonine on Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:24 am

My mind is blown. Excellent trick variety and awesomeness. Hats off to you.

_________________
What's it going to be then, eh?

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by Inukaza on Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:47 am

Rafael wrote:C-C-C-Combo breaker.
I didn't like it. The music sync was nice but I couldn't really see what was happening. Also, you overcomplicated it. You couldn't make a flatsled curve without adding all kinds of stuff to it that don't do anything but ruin the sight. They didn't add speed, but only made the curve look wobbly. The tricks were also all short, and adding the fact that you couldn't see much because of the zoom/messiness, it also became quite repetitive. Also, some smooth airtime would've fit this track sooo well. Especially with the music. Didn't notice one instance of it. Skillwise, you're good enough for LCC, but entertainmentwise, you still miss a lot of things.
Of course this is my opinion.


What you don't know, he was trying to overcomplicated it. It's his "track based off of tricks" track. Smile

Inukaza
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by efrazable on Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:28 am

Rafael wrote:C-C-C-Combo breaker.
I didn't like it.
Then you're gonna hate my new track <3 .

_________________
LineMagiX wrote:hump
avatar
efrazable
Member

Durr I'm efraz herp derp


View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by rabid squirrel on Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:24 am

Rafael wrote:you overcomplicated it. You couldn't make a flatsled curve without adding all kinds of stuff to it that don't do anything but ruin the sight. They didn't add speed, but only made the curve look wobbly. The tricks were also all short,
I agree with this - though I could say the same thing about the fling-manual you made in Freestyler, minus the shortness
Rafael wrote:and adding the fact that you couldn't see much because of the zoom/messiness, it also became quite repetitive. Also, some smooth airtime would've fit this track sooo well. Especially with the music. Didn't notice one instance of it. Skillwise, you're good enough for LCC, but entertainmentwise, you still miss a lot of things.
But I would beg to differ against this. It wasn't repetitive at all, fit with the music quite well, and it didn't bother me at all that there was a lack of airtime

IMO tracks don't have to have certain things to keep the viewer entertained, there just has to be variation at the right speed to make us "feel" the track - and the rotation variation, speed variation, and stop'n'go n this track was brilliant. (stuff that you, rafael, always have a hard time with) The tricks were also very creative and varied - though I agree that varying the length would have been a nice touch. But airtime wasn't necessary because it wouldn't have fit with this style. (Incito didn't have airtime)

That's a big reason I didn't like the river when it came out - the rotation variation and speed variation was way too fast to be followed with the eye and the airtime seemed inserted randomly without adding to the flow or fitting with the track. Now I respect it because it was a new way of making track and subsequently inspired people like splash and tracks like this, which is similar stuff except with more variation in speed and rotation, creating flow and style, and I think this track does that. No, it's not as fun as splash's stuff, and it's not as intense as Lukking's stuff, and it's not as creative as aspi's stuff, and it's overcomplicated and mildly confusing to watch, but it's got the flow down pretty well because of the variation in rotation and speed.

You also failed to point out the principle weakness of the track - it's short, and it gets lazier as it nears the end (I would have preferred the music to stop as he hits the stall, which would have made more sense in the track). AND you failed to compliment him on the recycling (which was amazing)

Sorry for suddenly making a huge post after not reviewing it at all, I just felt it would be easier to respond to someone who didn't like it than write my own review xD

_________________
Support My Art
A playlist of my best tracks
To keep up with what I'm up to in the world of Line Rider, follow me:
My Twitter | My Tumblr | My Twitch | My Facebook Page | My Instagram
(You can also follow my patreon and see all public posts completely for free)
avatar
rabid squirrel
Member

I'm the artsy guy round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by Sheldon on Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:21 am

Rafael wrote:C-C-C-Combo breaker.
I didn't like it. The music sync was nice but I couldn't really see what was happening. Also, you overcomplicated it. You couldn't make a flatsled curve without adding all kinds of stuff to it that don't do anything but ruin the sight. They didn't add speed, but only made the curve look wobbly. The tricks were also all short, and adding the fact that you couldn't see much because of the zoom/messiness, it also became quite repetitive. Also, some smooth airtime would've fit this track sooo well. Especially with the music. Didn't notice one instance of it. Skillwise, you're good enough for LCC, but entertainmentwise, you still miss a lot of things.
Of course this is my opinion.
I agree with everything except having enough skill for LCC. Standards are very high for quirkers to get in for skill. He may be close, but he needs alot of improvement in his skill. Of course this is just my opinion. Also as Rafael said, not very entertaining.
avatar
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by Inukaza on Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:27 am

Sheldon wrote:
Rafael wrote:C-C-C-Combo breaker.
I didn't like it. The music sync was nice but I couldn't really see what was happening. Also, you overcomplicated it. You couldn't make a flatsled curve without adding all kinds of stuff to it that don't do anything but ruin the sight. They didn't add speed, but only made the curve look wobbly. The tricks were also all short, and adding the fact that you couldn't see much because of the zoom/messiness, it also became quite repetitive. Also, some smooth airtime would've fit this track sooo well. Especially with the music. Didn't notice one instance of it. Skillwise, you're good enough for LCC, but entertainmentwise, you still miss a lot of things.
Of course this is my opinion.
I agree with everything except having enough skill for LCC. Standards are very high for quirkers to get in for skill. He may be close, but he needs alot of improvement in his skill. Of course this is just my opinion. Also as Rafael said, not very entertaining.

How do people like OTDE and summoning get in then. Maybe you can justify OTDE for manuals, but Summoning is mostly quirk. I can't personally say that they are better or have the ability to make a track like this.

EDIT: I'd even say painlobster couldn't make a comparable track. (I've seen a similar style of Chugs (Compact), that's still as epic as this.)


I disagree, tl:dr.

Inukaza
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by Sssschiller on Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:44 am

I liked it (except of the start). I have no clue how to do all this tricks, so i liked it xD

See you soon in the lcc (if you scene this track Suspicious )

_________________

I believe in a thing called love <3

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by Rafael on Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:52 am

rabid squirrel wrote:I agree with this - though I could say the same thing about the fling-manual you made in Freestyler, minus the shortness
I'm sorry? Was my part full of alt manuals?
rabid squirrel wrote:But I would beg to differ against this. It wasn't repetitive at all, fit with the music quite well, and it didn't bother me at all that there was a lack of airtime
As said, that is my opinion. Wink
rabid squirrel wrote:IMO tracks don't have to have certain things to keep the viewer entertained, there just has to be variation at the right speed to make us "feel" the track - and the rotation variation, speed variation, and stop'n'go n this track was brilliant. (stuff that you, rafael, always have a hard time with) The tricks were also very creative and varied - though I agree that varying the length would have been a nice touch. But airtime wasn't necessary because it wouldn't have fit with this style. (Incito didn't have airtime)
I agree that a track doesn't HAVE to have airtime to be entertaining, they don't need to have anything, however, for me, they have to meet some requirements. If you don't have airtime IMO you should have something else to make the watcher relax, like long tricks. This track didn't have either of them and therefore it felt repetitive to me tempo-wise. Also, you haven't even seen half of the stuff that I've made for the past.. really long time, so you can't judge me based on the tracks I have released.
rabid squirrel wrote:That's a big reason I didn't like the river when it came out - the rotation variation and speed variation was way too fast to be followed with the eye and the airtime seemed inserted randomly without adding to the flow or fitting with the track. Now I respect it because it was a new way of making track and subsequently inspired people like splash and tracks like this, which is similar stuff except with more variation in speed and rotation, creating flow and style, and I think this track does that. No, it's not as fun as splash's stuff, and it's not as intense as Lukking's stuff, and it's not as creative as aspi's stuff, and it's overcomplicated and mildly confusing to watch, but it's got the flow down pretty well because of the variation in rotation and speed.
Well, IMO it didn't flow together all that well, but I guess that's my opinion and your opinion is yours.
rabid squirrel wrote:You also failed to point out the principle weakness of the track - it's short, and it gets lazier as it nears the end (I would have preferred the music to stop as he hits the stall, which would have made more sense in the track). AND you failed to compliment him on the recycling (which was amazing)
I only watched the track once. I didn't notice everything, it was a very rough review (not even a review, just critique). I didn't notice any recycling really, neither was I bothered with the music not syncing perfectly :P.

_________________
Jam
Supersonic Motion

The Entity - Cheetah - The Source
Heart Attack - Sonic Motion
Imperial - Nuclear Fission - Perclusion - Compilation Damnsexy
avatar
Rafael
Line Rider Legend


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by Votale on Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:34 am

I wont get into this debate but I have to say:

Alt flings galore xD (/abuse lol)
avatar
Votale
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by hypothet on Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:39 pm

LULULUL. Oh, Sheldon.

I like this. It's more flowy than Sheldon's tracks and has more skill, even though lacking on his tricks. I think that Shel is the type of person that likes clean everything because it doesn't "overcomplicate" a track. Doesn't make everything fun, though.

I find that this has similar flow to my tracks. It's the do-what-I-want-and-see-if-it-sticks type of flow that works, but isn't really very appreciated because it isn't really constant throughout the tracks. The reason I think it still classifies under flow is because you don't really notice any issues in transitioning, and flowkills take away fun for me, which this doesn't really do.
"Of course this is just my opinion"

[/trollingtrollopinions]

EDIT: On a more serious note, I think this classifies for LCC nomination material.

Sam has demonstrated skill of:

Fun. Fun. Fun. Fun. Everybody's looking forward to the weekend. (/unsrs, dangit. I tried.)

Multiple tricks that I can't do because I'm too lazy to learn/try them.

Stacking. Lots of stacking. (to good use)

Well strength. He uses wells... um... well?

Flow. Controversial, but good imo.

The ability to be lucky. Every LCC member needs that.

_________________
if I go insane within a year, probably don't be surprised, mmkay?
avatar
hypothet
Member

don't read this


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by Derpinator on Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:49 pm

I enjoyed the track and the syncing was nice.
However, i dont like it when its so dense :3

_________________
Wow
Such forum
Many members
Playing LR all day
Much riding
So fun
Wow
avatar
Derpinator
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by bbshabob1 on Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:01 pm

dont get why people take a nooby track and tell the maker its really good and that they have lots of potential yet when chuggers makes this all he gets is criticism

on the track itself i love it even though you showed it like 20 times on the live stream it was still awesome over all the flanual at the start well theres just something i didnt like about it i cant really put my finger on it i didnt really find many repetive tricks while watching just that thing you did with the flatsleds they were kinda annoting after you did like three of them

_________________
avatar
bbshabob1
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by Votale on Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:07 pm

Okay I read over some of the arguments and I have some notes:

Yes, this track was repetitive in that there was an alt fling ever 3 seconds. Also, there were 2 or 3 flatsleds that had "something" added to them, like he added an alt fling on top of the flatsled to make it cooler, which I wasn't a fan of.

Also, the reason why Sum and OTDE are LCC and Chuggers isn't: Sum and OTDE and 10x more creative and stylish. I hate how people OVER-FREAKIN-USE the word flow. Sure they have it, their rotation and movement is flowy, but shut up about "flowkillers" and "flow" is all that a track has. OTDE and Sum posses unique styles and creativity with non-repetitive tricks and the like. Yes, Sum does quirk, but he does it like no other. There's nobody that can duplicate his unique style and the way he uses quirk. His use of quirk is of my favorites. Sure you could say "Well everyone uses quirk in a unique way duh 8D" but Sum and OTDE use it in a better way then most players, and it's evident through their tracks. Just look at Sum's collabs with Leomur.

@ HG, if you didn't see flow issues you're completely blind. Period. lol This track seems like a "take what I can get that has speed" track. I watched him make it on the stream and he took basically anything that worked and didn't crash into the before parts of the track. It felt like the same tricks over and over with no airtime or smooth transition, honestly. (Again, if you don't notice issues in transitioning, you are blind lol)

rabidsquirrel wrote:And the rotation variation, speed variation, and stop'n'go n this track was brilliant. (stuff that you, rafael, always have a hard time with) The tricks were also very creative and varied -

I lol'd at this. Except for the random slow manual loop like half way through it was basically the same speed the entire time. The rotation was much less then favorable in many instances in this track. And did you know there were about 20 alt flings? AMAZING trick creativity! 8D It felt like every well he got e said "How can I make this into an alt fling?" Cool. And I'm sure Raf will prove you wrong sometime when he actually releases a non-highspeed quirk that HAS STOPS N GO's..

tl:dr. Read it. And stop using the term flow for every track when it's not all that a track is about.


Don't get the wrong either. I have nothing against the track, it's the arguments that I hate :|
avatar
Votale
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by efrazable on Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:37 pm

Well everyone uses quirk in a unique way duh

Spoiler:

_________________
LineMagiX wrote:hump
avatar
efrazable
Member

Durr I'm efraz herp derp


View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by SPL4SHZ0N3 on Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:00 pm

Again, why criticize with the notion that whatever you think about the track is true. Sure, it's true for you, but it all depends on how you enjoy a track. If someone doesn't like an aspect, then it's their opinion, not fact.

I will praise Chuggers for his rapid improvements, but also say that he should focus more about the movements rather than the tricks. But then again, I say this knowing that this track was purely trick based and made with that intention. (The slow manual into the rapid quirk kinda shows that he's lol'ing at that point and saying haha this is cool and funny/creative) So moments of varying difficulty and less cohesiveness or seriousness is okay for a track like this, because it's also poking fun at how serious people will take the track.

Overall, great job Sam, and loved seeing you stream. Smile

_________________
"There is something to be learned from a rainstorm. When meeting with a sudden shower, you try not to get wet and run quickly along the road. But doing such things as passing under the eaves of houses, you still get wet. When you are resolved from the beginning, you will not be perplexed, though you still get the same soaking."
Youtube
avatar
SPL4SHZ0N3
Line Rider Legend


View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/SPL4SHZ0N3

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by Chuggers on Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:05 pm

lol @ huge debates and fighting
avatar
Chuggers
Member

mass-producing masterpieces

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by Rafael on Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:14 pm

Sam Storm wrote:lol @ huge debates and fighting
Discussion*

_________________
Jam
Supersonic Motion

The Entity - Cheetah - The Source
Heart Attack - Sonic Motion
Imperial - Nuclear Fission - Perclusion - Compilation Damnsexy
avatar
Rafael
Line Rider Legend


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by rabid squirrel on Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:43 pm

Rafael wrote:I agree that a track doesn't HAVE to have airtime to be entertaining, they don't need to have anything, however, for me, they have to meet some requirements. If you don't have airtime IMO you should have something else to make the watcher relax, like long tricks. This track didn't have either of them and therefore it felt repetitive to me tempo-wise.
What about the start (long sustained flanual thing), 0:31 (cool stop), the slowdown around 0:39, stop at 0:45, sustained fling at 0:59?

It could have used more variation in trick length, but I don't think you can say it didn't have "something else to make the watcher relax"

Rafael wrote:I only watched the track once. I didn't notice everything, it was a very rough review (not even a review, just critique). I didn't notice any recycling really, neither was I bothered with the music not syncing perfectly :P.
If you're going to harshly criticize a track, make sure you know what you're talking about.

Votale wrote:Except for the random slow manual loop like half way through it was basically the same speed the entire time.
um, sorry? Where in the world did you get that? You must not have watched the same track.

Votale wrote:And did you know there were about 20 alt flings? AMAZING trick creativity! 8D It felt like every well he got e said "How can I make this into an alt fling?"
Sorry, just because he used a lot of alt flings doesn't automatically make the other 60% of the track uncreative.


Last edited by rabid squirrel on Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Support My Art
A playlist of my best tracks
To keep up with what I'm up to in the world of Line Rider, follow me:
My Twitter | My Tumblr | My Twitch | My Facebook Page | My Instagram
(You can also follow my patreon and see all public posts completely for free)
avatar
rabid squirrel
Member

I'm the artsy guy round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by Cereal on Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:45 pm

Amazing! I don't know where you learned to ride like that, but the flow, along with the variety of tricks, was awesome.

I'd say that you should be in the LCC, but of course everyone disagrees with that. :P

_________________
Times They Are A-Changin'  

>>The Ph Series<<
EXPLOSIVO

Words of Wisdom:

OTDE wrote:Be active and we'll love you forever. Make tracks and we'll love you five-ever.

FlagCapper wrote:How is a Quirk a Quirk when it becomes more of the same?

Eric Cartman wrote:If you want to find some quality friends, you've gotta wait through all the dicks first.

avatar
Cereal
Line Rider Legend


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary ~Chug

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum