We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Non-contact point flings

5 posters

Go down

Non-contact point flings Empty Non-contact point flings

Post by Rafael Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:49 am

I've written this tutorial before, but it got lost somehow.
So, basicly, non-contact point flings are the hardest things in all of Line Rider (so far). People have made some non-contact point flings but nobody has every been able to control them. I can't control them either, but I think I do know how they work. Here's my insight on non-contact point flings.
They're two sorts of non-contact point flings. One where the the contact point doesn't hit the line while it should, and one where the contact point hits an invisible part of the line. I'll try to show what I mean using some examples.

Non-contact point flings where the contact point doesn't hit the line
I think most of you one had that you make a hand well, but instead of hitting the line, the hand goes to a little part under the line. Here's an example. Some kinds of these flings can give the fling an enormous amount of extra power, as you can see here (and here's the slomo). This was the first non-contact point fling of this kind. My theory for getting these wells is the following:
No matter what kind of gravity well you make, there's always a point where the gwell is too strong and Bosh will fall off. Now, if you continue making the gwell stronger, Bosh will get to the point where the well doesn't affect him anymore. Now I think that in order to get a non-contact point well like that you have to create a well that is right on the border where the well doesn't affect Bosh anymore. If you do that, you'll get a non-contact point well and if you keep going that you'll get a non-contact point fling. They're extremely time-consuming.

Non-contact point flingswhere the contact point hits an invisible part of the line
I'm going to explain these wells with the non-fakie inverted nose fling. If you don't know what these are, here's an example. When I make a non-fakie inverted nose well I first make a spidey well, and then make it shorter until I get a non-fakie inverted nose well. This always works, and that's why I think a non-fakie inverted nose well is in fact a non-contact point spidey fling. Here's a picture of how to make these wells:
Spoiler:
So, if you make the red line you'll get a non-fakie inverted nose well.
My theory for these wells is that every lines has a really, really short invisible part at the start and at the end of the line. Pretty much like a SLAGwell, but then much shorter. Now, if a contact point is affected by that particular part of the line you'll get a non-contact point well. Now, because when you make a spidey well, the string is on a spot where it normally never is (in front of the sled), the contact point will also turn invisible. With other contact points, however, the contact point will go right next to the line (as seen here).

I've probably forgotten a lot, and you won't understand any of this, so feel free to ask questions xD
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Non-contact point flings Empty Re: Non-contact point flings

Post by SPL4SHZ0N3 Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:53 am

Great job with this Rafael. I knew most of this already, except with the extra-powerful foot fling. I have no idea with that haha.
SPL4SHZ0N3
SPL4SHZ0N3
Line Rider Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/SPL4SHZ0N3

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:57 pm

I learned a lot xD
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by captain_cornflakes Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:12 pm

Rafael wrote:you won't understand any of this

You saw me coming. xD
captain_cornflakes
captain_cornflakes

http://steamcommunity.com/id/captain_cornflakes/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:37 pm

I thought we established a while ago non-contact point flings couldn't exist because in order to affect Bosh at all, you had to affect at least one of his contact points in order to make him move. So basically a non-contact point fling is just a fling that Bosh doesn't touch the lines, because he technically is still being effected in at least one of his contact points...

(effect = ? affect = result? I get these mixed up)
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum