We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To tha face

+6
Derpinator
Hotflash
Yobanjojoe
CHiH
ACwazHere
Wizzy
10 posters

Go down

To tha face  Empty To tha face

Post by Wizzy Mon May 09, 2011 1:47 am

Lol I love tejbz.

So I'm bored in bed and can't sleep so I decided to just give my thoughts on the site and how we could improve it a little.

I think the main thing were missing is probably the most obvious; EXCITEMENT. I like to compare it to YouTube in a way. Whenever I see a new video from one of my favorite subs, my face falls upside down. It's new, exciting, entertaining and awesome. There's nothing really excting ever going on here, it's like watching the same video on YouTube over and over again. You know what happens, it's the same comments on tracks, and there's at least one Justin bieber comment :| and another about the people who disliked the video.

I think we could easily make this place a whole much funner by doing more exciting things. Maybe not another contest but just some way we can have fun without having to do so much work. Which brings me to my next point/opinion. I've always wondered why people didn't enter the contests as much as they used to, the answer I found was also the answer to why there's hardly any tracks uploaded; it's too much work. So umm.. Does anyone have any good ideas that doesn't require much thought/effort? The only thing I can think of is dodgeball but that's a bit of a problem when everyone else is on the other side of the world.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

To tha face  Empty Re: To tha face

Post by ACwazHere Mon May 09, 2011 1:59 am

I agree completely; in fact we just started talking about this kind of stuff in TP. We're all ears for suggestions. Smile Some stuff I think will perk interests/raise activity:

1. MotW starting back up again
2. CotM June
3. Ban Raffle Hehe
4. ToCC2 potentially this summer :O
5. A few quick contests (e.g. best 10 second track, one week deadline)
6. Whenever we move to that damned new forum... :|

All we need to do is to get people excited (keep good communication, hype stuff up), then start a bunch of fun stuff at the same time and blow their minds. :P Basically the only reason we're lacking excitement is that people are going inactive (and people are going inactive because we're lacking excitement!) I also think we should make one video telling people to GTF registered on IRTL, and all of us can upload it to our own Youtube channels.
ACwazHere
ACwazHere

fuck around and get dunked on

Back to top Go down

Post by CHiH Mon May 09, 2011 2:03 am

Yeah, to make a decent LR vid is still a fair amount of work, even if it's just a dinky track for a random contest. For some that might be the barrier of entry. IDK if there's any way around that for this game.

The "ten minute timer" contests were pretty cool Smile
CHiH
CHiH

4th place in Tournament of Legends

https://www.youtube.com/user/system0101

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Mon May 09, 2011 2:04 am

Well I'm looking forward to the tocc2 :O

We could also do another 10 minutes to create the best track contest.
Perhaps a best pencil track even. Something simple.

Edit: yeah I just hacked chih's mind >Smile
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Yobanjojoe Mon May 09, 2011 2:06 am

ACwazHere wrote:I agree completely; in fact we just started talking about this kind of stuff in TP. We're all ears for suggestions. Smile Some stuff I think will perk interests/raise activity:

1. MotW starting back up again
2. CotM June
3. Ban Raffle Hehe
4. ToCC2 potentially this summer :O
5. A few quick contests (e.g. best 10 second track, one week deadline)
6. Whenever we move to that damned new forum... :|

All we need to do is to get people excited (keep good communication, hype stuff up), then start a bunch of fun stuff at the same time and blow their minds. :P Basically the only reason we're lacking excitement is that people are going inactive (and people are going inactive because we're lacking excitement!) I also think we should make one video telling people to GTF registered on IRTL, and all of us can upload it to our own Youtube channels.

I WANT MY TITLE
Yobanjojoe
Yobanjojoe

swag

Back to top Go down

Post by ACwazHere Mon May 09, 2011 2:11 am

^Lmao alright, I'll find out where the pip went and I'll get back to you.
ACwazHere
ACwazHere

fuck around and get dunked on

Back to top Go down

Post by Yobanjojoe Mon May 09, 2011 8:01 am

WOOT.

Someone actually responded to me saying i want super gray xD
Yobanjojoe
Yobanjojoe

swag

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotflash Mon May 09, 2011 10:01 am

More titles Smile.. if there is a reward for the work ppl might get motivated
Hotflash
Hotflash

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpinator Mon May 09, 2011 10:46 am

i would totally make a 10 seconds contest Hehe
Derpinator
Derpinator

Back to top Go down

Post by aspi33 Mon May 09, 2011 10:48 am

Maybe some stunt? Like, a compilation of some sort, a huge collaboration. I think it would be very fun Smile
We could include LR in it, but not necessarily.

And in the summer, we could say everyone would take a picture of their version of "Bosh in the summer" :P

Idk, brainstorming. We need to do something new.
aspi33
aspi33
Line Rider Legend

https://www.youtube.com/aspi333

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotflash Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 am

aspi33 wrote:Maybe some stunt? Like, a compilation of some sort, a huge collaboration. I think it would be very fun Smile

And in the summer, we could say everyone would take a picture of their version of "Bosh in the summer" :P

i like that idea Smile.. but usually ppl only let the pro ppl join collabs >: ( ^^

Last edited by Hotflash on Mon May 09, 2011 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hotflash
Hotflash

Back to top Go down

Post by aspi33 Mon May 09, 2011 11:46 am

Hotflash wrote:
aspi33 wrote:Maybe some stunt? Like, a compilation of some sort, a huge collaboration. I think it would be very fun Smile

i like that idea Smile.. but usually ppl only let to pro ppl join collabs >: ( ^^
I mean collaboration, as in co-operation, as in a common project Smile Everyone would be invited to join Wink
aspi33
aspi33
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Mon May 09, 2011 1:51 pm

we already have 3 of those, the iridethelines community scenery project. but since rabid dissapeared off the face of the earth it's sortof died.
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohuda Mon May 09, 2011 2:05 pm

KillinTime2792 wrote:we already have 3 of those, the iridethelines community scenery project. but since rabid dissapeared off the face of the earth it's sortof died.

That was scenery. This'll be trackmaking with a possibility of scenery. Also, the community scenery project isn't dead yet. We're close to completing it, the few of us whom still participate.
Kohuda
Kohuda

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Mon May 09, 2011 3:06 pm

^ yeah but nobody but rabid has all the .sols, and with rabid pulling a TD odds of actually finishing are slim.
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Mon May 09, 2011 3:08 pm

KT, the .sol's are posted in the thread itself with the updates so they can be downloaded. So if someone were to collect all the .sols and continue, it's perfectly possible. Also, we have enough people to finish at least Dacite soon.
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Mon May 09, 2011 3:10 pm

yeah the .sols for the most recent split are there, but they don't have anything from the earlier splits in those .sols
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Mon May 09, 2011 3:12 pm

We're missing only the first 6 parts, and they can be re-done if necessary.
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CHiH Mon May 09, 2011 3:24 pm

Anyone remember the public collab? It would be neat to pass around a sol that each person can draw on for a day.
CHiH
CHiH

https://www.youtube.com/user/system0101

Back to top Go down

Post by aspi33 Tue May 10, 2011 5:05 am

^I agree. I'd do it ^^ (You'd have to PM me, as I don't lurk as much any longer)

If KT and Kohuded were responding to my posts, I did not meant making a track! Rather a montage of photos, videos, maybe some crazy shizz. We need to spice it up a bit, do something different from "just" making another track. We can, but then I'd like it done in a different way.
aspi33
aspi33
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohuda Tue May 10, 2011 6:57 am

aspi33 wrote:^I agree. I'd do it ^^ (You'd have to PM me, as I don't lurk as much any longer)

If KT and Kohuded were responding to my posts, I did not meant making a track! Rather a montage of photos, videos, maybe some crazy shizz. We need to spice it up a bit, do something different from "just" making another track. We can, but then I'd like it done in a different way.

Oh, I see, but as I said, we would still need a track. :P
Kohuda
Kohuda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum