We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WeRideTheLines Ad

+7
Georgio_jc
Wizzy
Rafael
linerage
Sheldon
Chui Ninji
Z_N-Freak
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WeRideTheLines Ad Empty WeRideTheLines Ad

Post by Z_N-Freak Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:17 pm

Inspired by what Chaomocha said in his message to me (which I put in the closed "What is the staff doing" thread), I think it's a good idea that someone with serious editing skillz makes a short ad (like 5-10 seconds long) for WeRideTheLines that any member willing to put it at the end of their video (or maybe even before the track starts) can use. It should be in a usable format like .avi or something so that anyone can use it.

Stuff that should be in there:
- The link to We Ride The Lines: https://iridethelines.forumotion.com/
- Something about this being a Fun community to join.
- Maybe something about our wiki? We gotta show what we have to offer to the potential new members. Something special like the wiki and stuff like MotW etc could be in the ad.

So the add could look something like;

We Ride The Lines! Join now and participate in the Contest of the Month, enter your newest Line Rider track in the Movie of the Week, browse through the Line Rider wiki and more! We Ride the Lines is a fun community with a lot to offer. See you on the forums =)
https://iridethelines.forumotion.com/

With preferably the Logo of We Ride The Lines in there at some point and well, just make it awesome! =o
I hope someone will have the time to make something nice and I'll definitely be putting it in my video's! (if it's any good that is confused )

IMPORTANT:
As long as we don't have this ad, it seems to me like a good idea to just mention We Ride the Lines somehow in your video.

For example at the beginning of a track:
*Insert trackname* Made by *nickname here*, a member of We Ride The Lines (join now! https://iridethelines.forumotion.com/)

Just some ideas that hopefully will be useful.
Anyone with ideas how to promote WeRideTheLines and/or comments on my post, post in this thread! ^^

edit;
Another very easy idea that really anyone could do is putting a link to WeRideTheLines in the description of your Line Rider video's.

Last edited by Z_N-Freak on Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

WeRideTheLines Ad Empty Re: WeRideTheLines Ad

Post by Chui Ninji Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:21 pm

If this comes to fruition, it's possible to nag the more popular youtubers that don't mind introducing quirky stuff to spread the word/put the ad into (one of) their videos. People that come to mind that could spread the word very well: SeaNanners, Machinima(Respawn), any game commentator, really. Possibly vloggers? But we'd have to attract the attention of the vlogger first before they spread the word.

Also, an idea: Mention the BHCS thing with Evolution and Dot Robot and his popularity shenanigans?
Chui Ninji
Chui Ninji

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:23 pm

BHCS is not really active anymore, or is he? Haven't seen him a lot on the forums lately. So I don't see a reason for mentioning him in an ad. It would be nice if someone could contact him and get him to edit the videodesciption of his video's to have a link to our site.
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

Back to top Go down

Post by Chui Ninji Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:24 pm

Well, it's not that BHCS is active or not, but the fact that he got notoriety (and a bit of money, iirc?) for making a track. Money draws in many people. Look at commentators. Holy crap there's so many of them.
Chui Ninji
Chui Ninji

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:26 pm

Yeah sure, but putting that in an ad will give false information no? Members will only be disappointed and feel betrayed if they think they can earn money with Line Rider and then they can't. Or something. Maybe I'm wrong and we could use it as a sneaky way to get members, but it feels wrong to me =p
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

Back to top Go down

Post by Chui Ninji Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:30 pm

lrn2dobusiness :|

The hardest part is to get someone to start looking into LR. We need to portray lots of good reasons. Of course, this may bring several short-term members, but they'd be short-term anyway. They might not be here for their original goal, but they might come to appreciate LR for themselves.

Great example: Teaching kids how to play an instrument. Kids dread it when they start. When they mature, they are very thankful they were forced to learn how to play.

Same goal-changing concept. Instead of pleasing the parents then yourself, you please your money hunger, then your "love" for LR.
Chui Ninji
Chui Ninji

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:35 pm

Bhcs is on msn all the time i could get ahold of him
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by linerage Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:01 pm

Btw, how about a contest for advertising. The person that wins gets mod, and the 2nd place gets elite? Or power? This'll give more motivation, ya know wut I meen?
linerage
linerage

Back to top Go down

Post by Chui Ninji Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:04 pm

linerage wrote:Btw, how about a contest for advertising. The person that wins gets mod, and the 2nd place gets elite? Or power? This'll give more motivation, ya know wut I meen?

That's stupid. That's like saying, if you volunteer 2 hours for the greater good, we'll pay you $50. Not very voluntary, no? :|

Frank and non-analogy form: If our community is that corrupt, it deserves to die.
Chui Ninji
Chui Ninji

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:52 am

I'm willing to make a video.
I have some skills I guess, and I promise I won't make a 40 second long intro.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:47 am

I say we get krameood, aspi or hedge to do it. although im not sure how an ad will help us get members, ads have never worked.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Georgio_jc Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:08 am

Imma put a link to this site into every single video...probably the easiest and most effective way to get people here
Georgio_jc
Georgio_jc
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Chui Ninji Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:11 am

If we're doing the intro thing, it'll have to be shorter than 5-10 seconds. It'll have to be like... the same length as the machinima intro/outro.
Chui Ninji
Chui Ninji

Back to top Go down

Post by bibliOly Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:25 am

Well, people keep getting close to my variation of an idea, but not close enough, so I'm forced to put my long-winded, jumbled words into the mix.

We need to standardize an intro/outro "WE Ride The Lines" logo image(not a short vid, just a logo!), it will flash on for a second or so before and/or after any video and that's all*, no reason to pause the vid so you can write down an address when they are really there to watch a LR vid. Also, adding a 15 sec. vid before a possibly over long track intro might annoy more than edify some viewers.

People will see the same logo over and over again and eventually will associate memorable vids to those four words... "We Ride The Lines". When they're interested enough a simple search for those four words will bring them to the forum. That's all there is to my idea, it just adds an all but subliminal second or two to each track.

*Simple text variations can be laid over that logo to individualize each track, like:

-Contest entry at...
-Just starting to learn at...
-Honed my LR skillz at...
-Featured movie at...
-I'm a noob, but I <3...
-Don't make your tracks anything like bibliOly's at...

That's it, wadda y'all think?!

bibliOly

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:43 am

It'd be most effect to actually put it before the intro titles of your video. FC always put it in the description and in pop-ups in his vids. Just do that in all vids from now on and see if that helps at all. The problem is we rarely get any long-term members nowadays.
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:01 am

bibliOly wrote:Well, people keep getting close to my variation of an idea, but not close enough, so I'm forced to put my long-winded, jumbled words into the mix.

We need to standardize an intro/outro "WE Ride The Lines" logo image(not a short vid, just a logo!), it will flash on for a second or so before and/or after any video and that's all*, no reason to pause the vid so you can write down an address when they are really there to watch a LR vid. Also, adding a 15 sec. vid before a possibly over long track intro might annoy more than edify some viewers.

People will see the same logo over and over again and eventually will associate memorable vids to those four words... "We Ride The Lines". When they're interested enough a simple search for those four words will bring them to the forum. That's all there is to my idea, it just adds an all but subliminal second or two to each track.

*Simple text variations can be laid over that logo to individualize each track, like:

-Contest entry at...
-Featured movie at...
-I'm a noob, but I <3...

I love that idea. Getting the logo known is easy like that and people will wonder out of themselfs what it stands for. If we just put a link in the description to the site, it'd be a golden combo Very Happy
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

Back to top Go down

Post by bibliOly Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:42 am

Z_N-Freak wrote:I love that idea. Getting the logo known is easy like that and people will wonder out of themselfs what it stands for. If we just put a link in the description to the site, it'd be a golden combo Very Happy
I'm glad u liek.

You're right ZNF, putting the link in the description is obviously worth doing! ...or possibly using a clickable link at the video's end using youtube's annotations. The easier we make it for the curious to find us the better. Thumbs Up

bibliOly

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:43 am

bibliOly wrote:Well, people keep getting close to my variation of an idea, but not close enough, so I'm forced to put my long-winded, jumbled words into the mix.

-Contest entry at...
-Featured movie at...
-I'm a noob, but I <3...

I really like the way you think. That's a brilliant idea and it might work. I'm down for doing this in all my vids!
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:45 am

bibliOly wrote:
Z_N-Freak wrote:I love that idea. Getting the logo known is easy like that and people will wonder out of themselfs what it stands for. If we just put a link in the description to the site, it'd be a golden combo Very Happy
I'm glad u liek.

You're right ZNF, putting the link in the description is obviously worth doing! ...or possibly using a clickable link at the video's end using youtube's annotations. The easier we make it for the curious to find us the better. Thumbs Up

Definitely true, I might look into those annotation things then, never bothered to get into them (as I've never really needed any).
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

Back to top Go down

Post by bibliOly Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:14 am

I don't think I've ever used annotations either, but it does seem like a good use for them.

Thanks for the props, guys. All I ask is, please don't anyone use the "Don't make your tracks anything like bibliOly's at..." option.:|

Although, now that I think about it, it's good advice, my tracks illustrate why flow is so important by the complete lack of it. :P It's like my tracks are real important tutorials! Wow, I rock!! Am I Elite yet?!8D

bibliOly

Back to top Go down

Post by linerage Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:30 am

Heh, bibliOly is smartie pie :L

linerage
linerage

Back to top Go down

Post by bibliOly Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:44 am

What's this I hear about pie!!?! 8D
I do liek pie!

bibliOly

Back to top Go down

Post by Chui Ninji Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:25 pm

Intro/Outro idea:

-Start zoomed into Bosh's face. Be able to see the scarf, and make it obvious that Bosh is moving to the right. (scarf flapping. Bosh shouldn't actually move much, if at all, relative to the viewable screen.)
-Bosh ramps up and flies through a bundle of lines.
-He lands on a line on the other side of it all. As soon as he gets in the same position as in the logo, zoom out and show the logo. The "We Ride the Lines" part of the logo is the "bundle of lines" that Bosh flew through just a second ago. (possibly a flash of light while transferring to the logo image to hide any transition flaws)

It should all be relative fast paced, so it should fit the whole "short intro/outro" idea guidelines.

I'd love to just do this myself, but I don't have any confidence in converting the Logo into a track without huge flaws. And I don't have a good editing program to work with either.
Chui Ninji
Chui Ninji

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:40 pm

Georgio_jc wrote:Imma put a link to this site into every single video...probably the easiest and most effective way to get people here

Or just say it on SRS.

"Hey, I'm a site called weridethelines.com. If you want to figure out how I did this, come and join!" or something.
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by Blesshiscottonsocks Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:14 am

You called?
Blesshiscottonsocks
Blesshiscottonsocks
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down