We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We could be moving!

+52
Jam
Chui Ninji
Kayped
Brandon971
iBagel
Yobanjojoe
VividRedemption
KillinTime2792
bibliOly
Oamaok
ACwazHere
TeamBlast
Enil
Sheldon
cookie231
Mikeee7787
Stallie
Loz
Smitsy
LineMagiX
Traxis
Absox
CHiH
MegaSonicX
StingReay
Darkness
hypothet
Georgio_jc
Lukking
crash2burn
Purtle
Kohuda
~rawr
Commandercoke
Votale
aspi33
FlagCapper
Derpinator
iPi
Minidoofus1
JoaTrades
TigerXLine
mhenr18
Wizzy
CamQuartr
TheRevTastic
Rafael
Cereal
linerage
Wolf_Spirit
Helios Pavonine
rabid squirrel
56 posters

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

Should we move?

We could be moving! - Page 2 Vote_lcap44%We could be moving! - Page 2 Vote_rcap 44% 
[ 36 ]
We could be moving! - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%We could be moving! - Page 2 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 7 ]
We could be moving! - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%We could be moving! - Page 2 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 12 ]
We could be moving! - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%We could be moving! - Page 2 Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 16 ]
We could be moving! - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%We could be moving! - Page 2 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 11 ]

Total Votes : 82

We could be moving! - Page 2 Empty Re: We could be moving!

Post by Minidoofus1 Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:32 am

I <3 the arcade. I pwnz0r @t 1t
Minidoofus1
Minidoofus1

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:56 am

Check the post of mine where I had the buttons. I'm updating that with all the stuff.

mhenr18

http://www.mhenr18.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:33 am

TigerLine7 wrote:what about all these emoticons: 8D :P :| xD Very Happy Hehe Wink Smile Panic Stern but Fair Sad Shocked Thumbs Up Angry Rolling Eyes =/ Inverted Onoz confused Eep :facepalm: 2 cents xP :O Suspicious

are they coming with us? I relly like some of them.
Of course
JoaTrades wrote:I totally want to move. The picture looks pretty good. Better than here at least. xD I don't think we need the skins from IRtL though. It's WRtL now so why make it look like IRtL?

Also the thing that I would like it to have that IRtL had is an arcade. I haven't forgotten what you said about an arcade being pointless because they could just go to another site for games but I think that having an arcade would cause people to spend more time on the site maybe make it more likely for them to stop by the forum and make posts more often.
This was a weird post.
- The picture has virtually the same skin as this site, and it loos like this site did before I changed it to be more line rider-ish
- I've never heard anyone say they like this skin better before besides me, and it contradicted what you said about the new site being better than this one...
- An arcade is not going to make people post more. It's going to make them go to the arcade more, instead of posting. This site is about a flash game, why do we need a whole bunch of other flash games to keep you happy. and furthermore, why can't you just go to addictinggames.com or miniclip.com? And, it's not about getting people to post more, it's about Line Rider. this is the last time I'm going over this.
Minidoofus1 wrote:And it doesn't show your post count on this one :/
this is on purpose. It keeps spammy posts down like you wouldn't believe.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JoaTrades Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:17 am

Minidoofus1 wrote:This site makes me feel... Not welcomed here because of the way it looks. If Eibwen can make the new site look like the original site, or near it, that would be great. For some reason, I don't like this site, the old site made me feel good. And it doesn't show your post count on this one :/

Good point. Perhaps it's just because it's the first LR site I joined but IRtL is the forum that I relate to line rider and it's layout feels the most homey to me too.

@Rabid: Sorry about the arcade thing. Just something I enjoyed at IRtL. I can go to other sites though.
JoaTrades
JoaTrades

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:36 am

JoaTrades wrote:@Rabid: Sorry about the arcade thing. Just something I enjoyed at IRtL. I can go to other sites though.
maybe I'm just paranoid about my tone in my posts now, but when I read my post again I sounded angry. I didn't mean to, and I would like to apologize if I sounded harsh. I just don't see the point of an arcade and I see better uses of my time than making one, but I know that it was fun for lots of people.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by JoaTrades Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:41 am

rabid squirrel wrote:
JoaTrades wrote:@Rabid: Sorry about the arcade thing. Just something I enjoyed at IRtL. I can go to other sites though.
maybe I'm just paranoid about my tone in my posts now, but when I read my post again I sounded angry. I didn't mean to, and I would like to apologize if I sounded harsh. I just don't see the point of an arcade and I see better uses of my time than making one, but I know that it was fun for lots of people.

This has something to do with your resolution I believe. Hehe

I didn't mean to sound hurt or anything. It's actually not that big a deal.
JoaTrades
JoaTrades

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpinator Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:18 am

Awesome iPi 8D

I also say we should move as soon as possible!
Derpinator
Derpinator

Back to top Go down

Post by FlagCapper Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:08 am

This is what I wanted to do over a year ago when IRTL went down the first time but everyone decided that sticking with TD would be a good idea.

;_;

FlagCapper
Line Rider Legend

Community Pick: SYTYKC
4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by aspi33 Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:36 am

^Me too. I've got the best tutorials from old IRtL saved on my HDD for a mega Liner Rider archive I've been working on ever since I started playing Line Rider.

/offtopic
Does anyone happen to have a copy of the old hacked version of LR, the non-mhenr version?
aspi33
aspi33
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

https://www.youtube.com/aspi333

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:34 pm

FlagCapper wrote:This is what I wanted to do over a year ago when IRTL went down the first time but everyone decided that sticking with TD would be a good idea.

;_;
and I've never set up a website from scratch before. but revo kinda made this one for us, so yeah.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:13 pm

I'm game for a fresh start. Move if possible Smile
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by Commandercoke Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:15 pm

I can't decide.
Commandercoke
Commandercoke
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:05 pm

If I can't get this damn crawler to work then it will be a new fresh start :P.
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

http://www.therevtastic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:01 pm

okay i checked back here again to see what was goin down and now im all stoked to move 8D
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:07 pm

TheRevTastic wrote:If I can't get this damn crawler to work then it will be a new fresh start :P.
you might need to be an admin. tell me what to do lol, I can't figure it out at all
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:25 pm

No you don't need to be admin I just figured that out, also I think i got it to work 8D.
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:49 am

I think we should just do a fresh start assssss, this crawler will take all night and probably most of the day tomorrow to finish and thats a long time, I had to restart it because my internet started acting up.
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:50 am

TheRevTastic wrote:I think we should just do a fresh start assssss, this crawler will take all night and probably most of the day tomorrow to finish and thats a long time, I had to restart it because my internet started acting up.
lolol, do you know if it was working?

tell me what to do and I will. I haz uberinternet and uberfast comp and I can leave it running overnight no problem.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:56 am

Yeah it was working but also I forgot to account for the crawling of posts which is way more then members, so it could take even longer. Also the internet or computer doesn't really depend on how fast it goes, its a server ran thing and it goes at its own speed so it will take the same amount of time no matter what.

Also since I am using my cookies to do this it won't get your staff forum etc.
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:06 am

^ I was meaning to ask you about that. Would you insist on being an administrator on this new site? If so, I would understand, but there's stuff in the elite/lcc/staff forums that's kind of confidential (and possibly about you, though I can't think of anything off the top of my head) and I'd like to transfer the stuff over if you're not an admin. Otherwise, we'll just start from scratch with the knowledge that you can see everything we say, which woould be more inconvenient but we'll survive. If you'd be ok with being not an admin on the actual forum (you'd still be an admin on the site ofc so you could probably find the stuff if you worked at it - let me know if I'm being ignorant here - but I would trust you not to), I think we'd like that better, but again I understand if you feel you need to be.

But seriously, it's no problem for me to run the crawler for a week if necessary, unless it's too complex for you to explain.

also, the site looks no different. I'm not gonna actually move until we have a skin people like, lots of people have said that's a reason they liked the old IRTL. The next thing I would do would be the hax, to try to get as close to the old IRTL as possible. you'll have to teach me how to install hax. where should I start looking for some?

Also, could I have access to the hosting CP? I guess it wouldn't be a necessity but it would be nice for me to be able to 1) get the source code if needed 2) check the bandwidth and storage usage and 3) set up the domain in case I'll ever be able to buy iridethelines.com and want to change it. It would be nice if I could see these things for myself rather than asking you to do it for me, especially since I'm around here a lot more than you.

That said, I think we'll be moving sometime soon, everyone 8D
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:15 am

^It's up to you if I should stay admin or not, im fine with not being one.

Also I just gave eibwen the info for the ftp so he can start on the skin when he does Suspicious. So it should be coming along soon.

Sure if I remember tomorrow I shall pm you the details for the hosting control panel, but in there you can't change the domain as thats apart of my vps whm and I don't trust anybody in there but me :P. But yeah tomorrow I will give you that, and also it might take a bit of learning with hax for phpBB as most if not all mods require a file edit which is time consuming.

The best if not only place to start looking is on www.phpbb.com under customize and then under modifications.

Also I have actually been on every day for the last couple of months thank you very much :P I just don't post much as I don't really play lr that much anymore.

Edit: Also yeah I don't think there is anything with me in the lcc/elite forum XD.
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

Back to top Go down

Post by ~rawr Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:27 am

I have but two requests for when we move: bring back the :/ smiley please (I personally like it)

And, bring back the awesome people (or is that too much work)

Can't wait to move 8D
~rawr
~rawr

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:38 am

TheRevTastic wrote:^It's up to you if I should stay admin or not, im fine with not being one.

Also I just gave eibwen the info for the ftp so he can start on the skin when he does Suspicious. So it should be coming along soon.

Sure if I remember tomorrow I shall pm you the details for the hosting control panel, but in there you can't change the domain as thats apart of my vps whm and I don't trust anybody in there but me :P. But yeah tomorrow I will give you that, and also it might take a bit of learning with hax for phpBB as most if not all mods require a file edit which is time consuming.

The best if not only place to start looking is on www.phpbb.com under customize and then under modifications.

Also I have actually been on every day for the last couple of months thank you very much :P I just don't post much as I don't really play lr that much anymore.

Edit: Also yeah I don't think there is anything with me in the lcc/elite forum XD.
ok cool. I'll discuss it with the staff but I think I'll be demoting you after we move in, just so we can talk about you freely Wink Thanks for being so gracious about it all, I really appreciate it.

cool

cool. I have college again starting monday, but interim is supposedly less busy than the semesters so I'll probably have some time. I'll catch you on msn sometime and I can learn. I've done some coding before so I should pick up on it pretty easily. We can also talk about how I can make the crawler work.

I'll look for hax sometime soon when I have free time.

and sorry I didn't know, apparently you lurk more than I do lol
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:41 am

Im a pro lurker, nobody is better then me 8D.
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:31 am

^ chih is the lurk king. you can be his squire.

/sorry for offtopic I just like to be offtopic sometimes
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next