6.8 is coming.

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 6.8 is coming.

Post by mhenr18 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:42 pm

I'm not doing copy/paste because I can't be [I am a potty mouth]. If you want it, code in a server mod for it (because the server is just PHp that you can change as you wish) and make your own implementation of it.

mhenr18

View user profile http://www.mhenr18.com

Back to top Go down

Post by darklight on Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:10 pm

I'm actually all for copy paste, because it would greatly decrease the number of people saying "scenery's too boring" and stuff like that. It would make the boring things go away like filling in endless black space, and would also open up new things like more tracks similar to "the door" by crazy jade, or complicated animations at very high speeds that i think tigerline was discussing in a different thread.
darklight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy on Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:18 pm

Please don't put crash resistance >_< if you did I'd probably never use it and just :facepalm: at everyone that uses it (if crash resistance is what I think it is).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness on Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:21 pm

@Wizzy wrote:Please don't put crash resistance >_< if you did I'd probably never use it and just :facepalm: at everyone that uses it (if crash resistance is what I think it is).

It's not what you think it is.

Darkness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:39 pm

Jeez, people don't know how to read.

Crash resistance = resistance from losing all your stuff when LR crashes.

mhenr18

Back to top Go down

Post by linerage on Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:16 am

uhm when u click h, u dont go to the help page. EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT TO DO GAWD.

if you do that, then thank you so much. Cos that has killed my tracks more than corruption.

linerage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JoaTrades on Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:21 am

How about super zoom like in 6.1?
JoaTrades

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iPi on Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:51 am

@JoaTrades wrote:How about super zoom like in 6.1?
In 6.7, if you hold shift while zooming in, you superzoom.
iPi

Manualologist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking on Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:07 am

easy color playback...

@Cereal wrote:I have a strange feeling like you'll make tracks again sometime (since that's what happens to 95% of people who quit like this), but I could be wrong.

You were right.
Lukking

Community Pick: SYTYKC
4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yobanjojoe on Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:29 am

Mhenr i love you

Yobanjojoe

swag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:13 am

@linerage wrote:uhm when u click h, u dont go to the help page. EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT TO DO GAWD.

if you do that, then thank you so much. Cos that has killed my tracks more than corruption.
press U and then H again. it works, trust me. (it won't go back if the track is playing, and you usually press Y and H at the same time, so you have press U to stop it)

My Twitter | My Tumblr | My Twitch | My Facebook Page | My Instagram
(You can also follow my patreon and see all public posts completely for free)
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy guy round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael on Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:29 am

@Lukking wrote:easy color playback...
Hold C + Y is too hard?
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerXLine on Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:41 am

@Darkness wrote:Wow great work Mhen. At the moment I can't think of any other features to add.

@People saying "No copy/paste tool" Shut up. You don't have to use it, or watch the videos where people used it.

The copy-tool will make a scenery-track less enjoyable and then its not that hard to finnish a 100 000 lined scenery-project. =/

EDIT: Thats wrong! :|
TigerXLine

I used to play Line Rider and be weird.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:22 am

You'll have to hold the H key for a second or two to trigger Help now. I'm keeping it because I need to update it with the things im adding.

And can everyone stop whining around like a bunch of four year olds who were told the sky was falling? I never even said I was putting cut/copy/paste in. Plus, I don't decide to add (or remove) something because it'd make it "easier" by some ridiculous standard. I do it because it makes LR more enjoyable.

If it's not there, it's because it's not enjoyable. Right now there's no good way to implement a copy/paste function that's simple and enjoyable to use. So I won't put it in. I learned that from the AS2 8.0 - if it's too clunky it's not worth it.

mhenr18

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness on Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:59 am

@mhenr18 wrote:You'll have to hold the H key for a second or two to trigger Help now. I'm keeping it because I need to update it with the things im adding.

And can everyone stop whining around like a bunch of four year olds who were told the sky was falling? I never even said I was putting cut/copy/paste in. Plus, I don't decide to add (or remove) something because it'd make it "easier" by some ridiculous standard. I do it because it makes LR more enjoyable.

If it's not there, it's because it's not enjoyable. Right now there's no good way to implement a copy/paste function that's simple and enjoyable to use. So I won't put it in. I learned that from the AS2 8.0 - if it's too clunky it's not worth it.

If it helps at all I didn't say it was going to be there. Just saying if it were to be implemented, people don't have to make a big deal out of it as it won't directly affect them. I understand what you're saying though. What about magnet lines? Those were always fun to mess around with in Unbound. For me anyway. Oh and any way to add a magnetic field like effect? Just saying what pops into my head. Pay no attention if it's completely stupid.

Darkness

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:18 pm

1. BRING BACK THE TAB KEY!!!
in 6.2, tab zoomed out to show the whole track and then you could press it again to zoom back in to the previous zoom level. 6.7 didn't have it D:

I know these are possible:
- have an option to change the second counter into a frame counter (starts at 0, adds one every frame, if you're at 40fps it would add 40 each second, this would be great for speed contests)
- a 2fps "recording mode" for slow computers (that has an option to show 40fps/2fps)
- make the jump-to-flag key not F, so when I hit Command+F to make it full screen it doesn't go to the flag
- make Bosh blink slower in slomo (not really a priority but whatever lol)
- new one I just thought of: when you hit M and then hit Y again, have it keep playing in slow motion
- new one I just thought of: make it ask you if you're sure before you delete a save, and before you load a track if you didn't just save the one that's currently open
- new one I just thought of: make the "preview line" XY snap when you have XY snap on, and make it so that when you hit X after starting to draw a line it snaps.

also, if possible:
- an uber-slomo or a frame by frame button
- a way to save tracks anywhere you like (or .sols, but individual tracks would be even cooler)
- in 6.7, if you erase lines earlier in the track, shift+delete doesn't put the line back exactly correctly. an undo button, or just a fixed shift+delete, would be great.
- fix the speed thing so it's actually accurate. It got down to speed 0.8 on a curve when he was going at speed 80 in a straight direction before the curve, so the issue has something to with curves.
- new one I just thought of: a "real time" button to play the track that will make it run at what would be 40fps even if your comp can't render every frame - so you can listen to music and test the sync!!!!!

also, please don't fix the double line adding glitch (if you press Y and then hit the actual Stop button), I like to use it to my advantage lol (read: manuals at 50+ speed in archaeology 8D)

I can't find my old list because it was on the old site, hopefully I can think of the rest...

EDIT: also, what program do you use to edit line rider, and what language is it programmed in?

Last edited by rabid squirrel on Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:18 pm; edited 14 times in total

rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitsy on Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:24 pm

Track generator.

(Hehe)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Catz on Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:00 pm

the bug when i got many scenery lines (or just many lines) and i press "e" (for erasing tool) ... then i have to wait a min til lr got finished and i can use the tool or it closes itself xD (when i click on the rubber it works xD.. but i forget that bug too often xD)
Catz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:04 pm

@Lukking wrote:easy color playback...
already in 6.7...

rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking on Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:06 pm

so when will u be done?

@Cereal wrote:I have a strange feeling like you'll make tracks again sometime (since that's what happens to 95% of people who quit like this), but I could be wrong.

You were right.
Lukking

Community Pick: SYTYKC
4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale on Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:12 pm

Wait does crash resistance mean not letting FP crash while playing LR?

.-.

If copy and paste goes through I'm going to lose respect for scenery and have to stick to watching the good old tracks. Copy and paste type [I am a potty mouth] will ruin LR scenery and make too easy. Learn to take on a challenge and scene the way the game was made.
Votale

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 on Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:59 am

@rabid squirrel wrote:1. BRING BACK THE TAB KEY!!!
in 6.2, tab zoomed out to show the whole track and then you could press it again to zoom back in to the previous zoom level. 6.7 didn't have it D:
6.8 is the original 6.2 source from fsk (with his original comments and all), with the 6.7 physics changes added in. So Tab is there.

- have an option to change the second counter into a frame counter (starts at 0, adds one every frame, if you're at 40fps it would add 40 each second, this would be great for speed contests)
That info thing is going to be redone. I'll show the frame number Smile
- a 2fps "recording mode" for slow computers (that has an option to show 40fps/2fps)
Sure. I'm gonna be adding a second mode that also adds in frames to make it be 60fps, but at the same speed as 40 (so smoother), so editing looks better.
- make the jump-to-flag key not F, so when I hit Command+F to make it full screen it doesn't go to the flag
I'll make it not go to the flag if you're holding Control/Command.
Sure, I can do that.
- new one I just thought of: when you hit M and then hit Y again, have it keep playing in slow motion
Hold M when hitting Y for slow motion in playback.
- new one I just thought of: make it ask you if you're sure before you delete a save, and before you load a track if you didn't just save the one that's currently open
Sure.
- new one I just thought of: make the "preview line" XY snap when you have XY snap on, and make it so that when you hit X after starting to draw a line it snaps.
The preview line already XY snaps, I'll let you turn it on while drawing a line.

also, if possible:
Arrow keys in playback.
- a way to save tracks anywhere you like (or .sols, but individual tracks would be even cooler)
I can't do that if I want to do multiplayer. Sorry Sad
- in 6.7, if you erase lines earlier in the track, shift+delete doesn't put the line back exactly correctly. an undo button, or just a fixed shift+delete, would be great.
I know whats wrong but I want to figure out a decent implementation of undo/redo, so that will be done later on. Sorry Sad
- fix the speed thing so it's actually accurate. It got down to speed 0.8 on a curve when he was going at speed 80 in a straight direction before the curve, so the issue has something to with curves.
Yeah. :P
- new one I just thought of: a "real time" button to play the track that will make it run at what would be 40fps even if your comp can't render every frame - so you can listen to music and test the sync!!!!!
There will be some option to enable frameskipping (which does what you said)
also, please don't fix the double line adding glitch (if you press Y and then hit the actual Stop button), I like to use it to my advantage lol (read: manuals at 50+ speed in archaeology 8D)
I cbf anyway. :P

I can't find my old list because it was on the old site, hopefully I can think of the rest...

EDIT: also, what program do you use to edit line rider, and what language is it programmed in?
I use Flash CS5 when I'm working with ActionScript 3 things, and Flash CS4 for ActionScript 2 things (LR mainly), because the CS5 AS2 support is buggy. As I just said, I use ActionScript to do the programming work.

EDITING in rest of response

Last edited by mhenr18 on Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total

mhenr18

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy on Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:19 am

I got a couple:
-fling maker
-auto manual balancer
-indestructable bosh
-monument generator
-techdawg mountain stamps
-LRG monument stealer
-sorvius bridge finder/copy/paster
-g well maker
-rick astely music button

k thanks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ACwazHere on Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:50 am

1. Story Mode
2. Background Music
3. Colored Lines
4. Image Loader

Seriously though, I can't remember the things I've suggested to you, but I hope you do. :|

But I'm curious, will the eraser still only delete individual lines or will it split them? Suspicious

Steve Lives
ACwazHere

fuck around and get dunked on

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:40 pm

@mhenr18 wrote:
@rabid squirrel wrote:1. BRING BACK THE TAB KEY!!!
6.8 is the original 6.2 source from fsk (with his original comments and all), with the 6.7 physics changes added in. So Tab is there. Load up 6.7, zoom in, press tab. Nothing happens. Do the same in 6.2, and it zooms out, press it again it zooms back in. You'll see what I mean. Plus, it's in the help file.

That info thing is going to be redone. I'll show the frame number Smile yay!
Sure. I'm gonna be adding a second mode that also adds in frames to make it be 60fps, but at the same speed as 40 (so smoother), so editing looks better. ooh that sounds cool. didn't know it was possible.
I'll make it not go to the flag if you're holding Control/Command. yay!
Sure, I can do that. yay
Hold M when hitting Y for slow motion in playback. sounds great!
Sure. yay!
The preview line already XY snaps, I'll let you turn it on while drawing a line. oh whoops. sounds good :P

also, if possible:
Arrow keys in playback. YAAAAAAAY!!!
I can't do that if I want to do multiplayer. Sorry Sad maybe have a multiplayer and non multiplayer version?
I know whats wrong but I want to figure out a decent implementation of undo/redo, so that will be done later on. Sorry Sad ok
Yeah. :P yay!
There will be some option to enable frameskipping (which does what you said) yay!

I cbf anyway. :P I had to look up what that stood for. sounds good.

I use Flash CS5 when I'm working with ActionScript 3 things, and Flash CS4 for ActionScript 2 things (LR mainly), because the CS5 AS2 support is buggy. As I just said, I use ActionScript to do the programming work. ok cool
@ACwazHere wrote:But I'm curious, will the eraser still only delete individual lines or will it split them? Suspicious
That would be a cool feature, if there was an option to turn it off :P

rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top