We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forum is in disrepair, and the admins quit on us...

+8
Hanuman
Wolf_Spirit
Purtle
[senpai] kevans
Min3rl3g4nd
Rafael
efrazable
Utubedude
12 posters

Go down

The forum is in disrepair, and the admins quit on us... Empty The forum is in disrepair, and the admins quit on us...

Post by [senpai] kevans Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:32 pm

... And they refuse to hand over ownership.

WRTL is massive disrepair, and the community wants to see it fixed. OTDE and Rabid have both quit on us, and want nothing to do with the LR community anymore. However, despite being asked politely:

https://twitter.com/OTDESSB/status/1021872107481784320

https://pastebin.com/k9U58BK1

Moving on apparently means holding on to the site for whatever reason.

But Kevans, I thought the Reddit and Discord were supposed to replace the forum, why are you coming back crying?

They have. Both have significantly more activity than here, and you should come hang out if you haven't already. However, after several months of maintaining the two places, we can definitely say we were wrong in one regard, and that neither platform provides the in depth discussion we've grown to desire to read and contribute. Reddit doesn't allow for categories and is only capable of smaller conversations, and the discord chat, everything gets buried after some time.

So what are we going to do? Well not a whole lot actually. We will just make another forum and push that as the new defacto forum. We'll let you know when that happens.

In the mean time, we're taking one last shot, we want to show that we don't want to start from scratch, so I'm making this thread in hopes that we can make the message clear:

The community wants members who care about the community to be in charge.

We respectfully request you allow us to have this. Here's who we trust to take over:

• Apple
  • Chuggers
  • Kevans
  • Hanuman

Thank you for your time.

Last edited by [senpai] kevans on Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

https://kevansevans.github.io/

Back to top Go down

The forum is in disrepair, and the admins quit on us... Empty Re: The forum is in disrepair, and the admins quit on us...

Post by Hanuman Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:14 pm

This forum has become a neglected place. I have actually seen some members of its staff encourage its death. This saddens me as whilst perhaps for many of you it holds memories you would sooner forget, for me and for other new members this place is still a vast repository of both knowledge and skill, a place to share and revel in the amazing creations that this community still has to offer, a place to foster new comradery in place of the old, a place of permanence that reddit and discord just do not have.
It is for this reason that I implore you to hand this forum over to people that care to see it grow, people that care about the line rider community and where it is going, instead of keeping it in your depressing grasp.
Hanuman
Hanuman

Back to top Go down

The forum is in disrepair, and the admins quit on us... Empty Re: The forum is in disrepair, and the admins quit on us...

Post by Utubedude Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:09 pm

I decided to make an account on here so I can post what I said on the discord server:

https://twitter .com/OTDESSB/status/1022512902605918210 (Can't post external links cause I'm a new member)
OTDE retweets this twitter thread about how the left doesn't politicize communities.
So is that why Rabid was the one who kept putting his political stuff on the off-topic discord when nobody else in this server was discussing politics until people called out a faulty article Rabid supported.
OTDE believes this shit yet he's the one keeping the forums from the LR community because of his hatred for them after a political disagreement.
If the left doesn't infiltrate communities as this twitter thread states, OTDE and Rabid are sure as hell doing a shit job proving their case. If they really wanted to show how true the words this Innuendostudio made are, they'd give back the forums.

Utubedude

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:55 pm

hiya all, active admins would be nice, thanks
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:29 am

I would like to see WRtL become active again, but can also see why OTDE is resistant to handing it over.
- Rabid and OTDE have worked their ass off to keep WRtL alive and well and I think - from their perspective - they have been pushed away from the forum they loved by their own community. Why would they give the site to the same people who have made their experience with WRtL miserable?
- The person asking for the site is someone who's defied the site multiple times and has had many arguments/fights with the staff.
- The proposed staff isn't very experienced with managing a forum and may not make the site a better place.

I think to increase the chance of getting permission, at least the following things need to happen:
- A thorough, concrete plan needs to be designed on how the new staff wants to run the site, how they want to increase activity, which changes they want to make and why (for all these things).
- Within this plan, someone OTDE and Rabid trust should be in charge. I feel Apple could be that person as he is staff right now.
- Kevans needs to not be in the proposed staff. That is nothing personal Kevans, I just think your relationship with the staff makes it harder for them to follow through.

That's my 2 cents. Best of luck!

Last edited by Rafael on Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Min3rl3g4nd Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:06 pm

can you ban me?
please
Min3rl3g4nd
Min3rl3g4nd

min3r moment

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:00 pm

Believe me Raf, we are well aware of the points you have brought up. However, here's my problem with them:

Neither have shown any interest to continue keeping this place alive, and have been very vocal about it in the past months we've started taking over. They haven't moved on, they want to take this place down with them, it's not a matter of reluctance to hand it over, and they don't just blame me. Multiple people will tell you these two feel shunned by the community as a whole. However, no one in this community has ever been bullied out. Ever. They turned their backs on us under the guise it's everyone else to blame. I've been a massive monster in this community, and people would be very vocal about not wanting me here if that was the case. I've grown up, I'm still welcome here, and I'm still contributing. The same will happen to them if they tried.

The list of people I put up are the people who are not just willing to put in the effort to fix the place up, but are people who have shown they can put in that effort. Our plan is to get the entirety of the community involved and have everyone discuss what we want to see happen to this place. If you have seen someone else who's been putting in more effort, as of recent, than us to keep the community working, you tell us who and we'll get in contact.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by Purtle Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:29 pm

So I have recently just learned all this stuff. Was wondering why when I checked in on the forum it seemed less busy than I was used to. Not really sure what happened but I'd love to have Rabid back running things. Don't really know OTDE (don't even know what it stands for lol) so I won't pass much judgement there.
Purtle
Purtle

ppt [retired mod]

4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.hiddenheartpiece.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:28 am

[senpai] kevans wrote:Believe me Raf, we are well aware of the points you have brought up. However, here's my problem with them:

Neither have shown any interest to continue keeping this place alive, and have been very vocal about it in the past months we've started taking over. They haven't moved on, they want to take this place down with them, it's not a matter of reluctance to hand it over, and they don't just blame me. Multiple people will tell you these two feel shunned by the community as a whole. However, no one in this community has ever been bullied out. Ever. They turned their backs on us under the guise it's everyone else to blame. I've been a massive monster in this community, and people would be very vocal about not wanting me here if that was the case. I've grown up, I'm still welcome here, and I'm still contributing. The same will happen to them if they tried.

The list of people I put up are the people who are not just willing to put in the effort to fix the place up, but are people who have shown they can put in that effort. Our plan is to get the entirety of the community involved and have everyone discuss what we want to see happen to this place. If you have seen someone else who's been putting in more effort, as of recent, than us to keep the community working, you tell us who and we'll get in contact.
You say you are aware, then why did you try to get the site from OTDE and why did you put yourself in the staff? Not very tactical if you ask me. I also doubt you fully understand their point of view.

And what you're saying about nobody ever being bullied out is not true. Many people have quit this forum because of how a minority (or majority) treated them. I  even remember myself getting bullied when I joined IRtL back in the day. And yes they could come back, but clearly (and understandibly) they don't want to.

I also doubt this plan of letting the community decide will work. To create any successful community you need one or more leaders who know what they're doing and have a plan or vision themselves. No community has survived on letting their members decide everything. You need to make a distinction between things the staff and the community decides. This isn't easy, so in other words you need a proper plan.

I'm not against you, I'm trying to help you reach your goal of getting access to WRtL and I think you should put yourself aside if you want to achieve that.

Last edited by Rafael on Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:55 am

I've been checking the site regularly (say once a week) and I can't really say that there is much activity to begin with which can be developed. I understand that there is a discord server and a reddit, but if this is the site you want to focus on, there isn't that activity.

But regardless, I think Raf is right in saying that we need a plan. I can very safely say that any admin (myself included) would 'hand over' a site without:
1. Any proof or evidence that activity can be increased.
2. Any plan or clear direction for the site.
3. A team who is capable of leading a forum with an understanding of how to keep users happy and active.

It's not that I don't trust the people you proposed, but on a 'dead' site, there isn't an opportunity to prove the skills of being a leader, being active and working well with others. Yeah, I know it's only an online forum, but in a more active community, those qualities can be important.
In the old IRTL or when we just moved here, there were lots of chances to lead on competitions, collaborations or take part in site discussions. All those would be the best way to see who can be 'promoted', in the current state of the site, I don't think it's practical that we promote people who are just present on the site in the first place.

I think the best course of action is to actually implement your plan if you do have one. I can't see there being anything major which would need to be done on an Admin or Moderator level to help the site, threads can be created, the site can be advertised and people can be brought to the site still.

I'm not opposing you whatsoever, I'd love more people on the site, I'd happily come back to be part of the community if it were more active. But I think proposing changes without any action actually being taken towards the result isn't the best way to go.

Let us know what you think would work best, I'm sure some people would be willing to help!
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:29 pm

Wolf_Spirit wrote:I think the best course of action is to actually implement your plan if you do have one. I can't see there being anything major which would need to be done on an Admin or Moderator level to help the site, threads can be created, the site can be advertised and people can be brought to the site still.

Our plan to bring back activity was pretty much aggressive advertising. There's definitely been an influx of new activity. We've been discussing with conun on getting sharing links for linerider.com and hopefully inxile will approve more niche communities.

However, for the forums, we're in agreement it needs to be cleaned up and requires active staff, hence why I said this forum was in disrepair and why this seems like a self elected list, because we've been the ones running that end of the show right now, and people are wanting to see that here. But if everyone thinks it's fine the way it is, then we'll just be wanting to be taking up the leadership position. Here's what we plan on fixing:

• Organization in general, this place is a cluster fuck to navigate. More concise and less cluttered categories and topics. There are several sections of this forum that can definitely be combined into one.
  • Better focus on accessing resources for new members.
  • Better focus on dev development. No this isn't for me, but the Admins here have always tried to play favorites. Noah/JC has been shoved to the side by them and that's not cool.
  • Parts of this forum are still inaccessible to guests.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuman Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:39 am

I understand the points made about my inexperience. The only references I can give are running the line rider artists discord server when rabid and otde decided to step away from the old one, and being an active admin on the 2 other line rider discord servers. What I can give in place of inexperience is that for one I am probably one of the most active members of the community, and two I am not biased by any line rider beef or grudges being relatively new.
EDIT: I should also add that all the kinds of things you are saying such as initiating contests and collaborations are things I have already been doing in the discord servers along with people like Arglin who has taken up main management of the Line Rider collaboration server.

Last edited by Hanuman on Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hanuman
Hanuman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:32 am

OTDE hasn't visited the forum since March 8, so he won't see this. Also if he did get on and did happen to see this I am almost certain this thread would make him less likely to give us any jurisdiction over the forum. He prefers having things handled privately, and I think he dislikes when people call him out publicly... ironically enough..
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:02 am

Whelp this showed up in my email. The hell have you guys been up to
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by Vermillion Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:11 am

KillinTime2792 wrote:Whelp this showed up in my email. The hell have you guys been up to

Same, friend.
Vermillion
Vermillion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:04 pm

Welcome back
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Back to top Go down

Post by Summoning Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:13 am

Lol
Summoning
Summoning

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:15 pm

Jesus.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:24 pm

Don't delete your accounts TM
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum