Line Rider 8.0 Public Beta.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by mhenr18 on Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:33 am

Well, there's some stuff you need to know before you download the beta.

1. This isn't supposed to be the LR that you make your stuff on yet. It's a beta, and should be used as such. Don't release tracks made with the public beta, so we don't get vids showing an incomplete version.

2. THIS IS NOT SOL COMPATIBLE WITH ANY OTHER BUILD OF LINE RIDER, EVER. DON'T TRY AND LOAD STUFF FROM THE BETA INTO ANYTHING ELSE, AND DON'T TRY AND LOAD SOLS FROM ANYTHING ELSE INTO THE BETA. THE TRACKS IN THE SOLS ARE LIKELY TO BE WIPED IF YOU DO. Basically, because this is a beta and there's one or two things that aren't done, I don't want people to accidentally mess up their track with this. So I've changed the sol to betaLines.sol for the duration of the beta. The system used to save tracks has been tweaked to be totally incompatible, so it's really not a good idea to try. It's also because I don't want people to be able to use the import tool like crazy on every thing - it's not locked down like it will be in the final build, so I've made it impossible to do anything with it to stuff that already exists, to stop cheating. I'll make it compatible with 6.2 again once I release the final version, so don't bother making any new big tracks in this - they won't work in the final version.

3. Bugs should be reported at http://mhenr18.com/bugreport.html . The more stuff that's reported, the merrier, I want the final version to be uber stable. A feature request is NOT a bug, don't use the tool to request stuff that's never been done. The first few bugs are tests btw, so ignore them xD State your username in the report too, I'll reward the user with the most bugs reported that get fixed.

4. When you use it for the first time, go into Settings and hit Set Defaults, otherwise the keyboard won't work in LR until you do xD

Download Public Beta 1

Check back for updates regularly :P

mhenr18

View user profile http://www.mhenr18.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Line Rider 8.0 Public Beta.

Post by Sam T. Poor on Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:36 am

btw guys, this thing is the business, download it now.

Sam T. Poor
Line Rider Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 on Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:37 am

There are still bugs, but they aren't showstoppers.

I'll be writing a manual for this thing while it's in Beta, that's what the Help button in settings will go to eventually.

mhenr18

Back to top Go down

Post by Binglinerider on Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:40 am

ill look more into this later, but the multiple flags are awesome :P

Binglinerider

ayy

4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IGotGreasyBalls on Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:54 am

from my first impression it looks like bosh goes slower O.o

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 on Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:58 am

it's probably laggier :P

I've figured out some ways to up performance too, so theyll be rolled in eventually.

mhenr18

Back to top Go down

Post by Cephyric on Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:59 am

Space + movin cam doesnt work.

kthx
Cephyric

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 on Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:06 am

Report it >_> http://mhenr18.com/bugreport.html

It's so I can keep track of all the bugs, I need them all in the one spot.

mhenr18

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit on Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:13 pm

Wahey! They added my copy and move lines thing!

H4M W4Z H3R3
Sig by Lankher 'cos he is...Banned [ ] Not Banned [x]
I believe in magic.

Back to top Go down

Post by baconat0r on Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:37 pm

can you make click + zoom go to auto superzoom and scroll zoom to go to how it originally was?

Its easier to scene that way and I have been using it as a default recording size for my scenery tracks. So I dont end up missing spots and scening a bunch of unnecessary places.

OOOH

and with the maximum line length thinger can you make it so the mouse wont move any further than the limit. Like xy snap how it wont let you move anywhere but x and y.

Another Thing

Make the select tool a square button because you can only click on the cross and its sometimes hard to do.

ALso for people with problems playing, use an updated flash player, i was using 8 and some features wouldnt work so just letting you know.

Road to Destiny - 454Lines(Track)
Scenery was erased because I wanna finish the track first :3

baconat0r

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal on Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:10 am

it's great except the words at the bottom distract me :|

btw, rofl @ the beginning saying "a not so quick start".

Last edited by Cereal on Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

>>The Ph Series<<
EXPLOSIVO

Words of Wisdom:

OTDE wrote:Be active and we'll love you forever. Make tracks and we'll love you five-ever.

FlagCapper wrote:How is a Quirk a Quirk when it becomes more of the same?

Eric Cartman wrote:If you want to find some quality friends, you've gotta wait through all the dicks first.

Cereal
Line Rider Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AkidisPwnage on Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:00 pm

I have a request for a tool that could make your mouse become the flag, and when you click on part of the track, thats where the flag will go, and you can start from there without having to waste 30 seconds getting to the point you have to go to.
I am disappoint if you can't do this Mhenr, you are ultimate hacker.

btw this is akid, not some noob that likes noodles xD

Back to top Go down

Post by chaomocha on Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:42 pm

its not eactly a bug but tht select tool, the cross thing, u shouldnt make the selection area only the cross, you shud make it the entire box around it so its easier to select the select tool 8D
chaomocha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ACwazHere on Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:46 pm

AhhNoodles. wrote:I have a request for a tool that could make your mouse become the flag, and when you click on part of the track, thats where the flag will go, and you can start from there without having to waste 30 seconds getting to the point you have to go to.
I am disappoint if you can't do this Mhenr, you are ultimate hacker.

btw this is akid, not some noob that likes noodles xD
That wouldn't work. You can't imply the speed, direction, and spin of Bosh just by putting a flag somewhere; and the placement would have to be PERFECT, meaning that the tail of the sled would have to cross that exact spot.

What would work, though, by having a hotkey (i+scroll wheel), you would be able to move the flag backwards (I don't think forward would work). I can't explain it well, but you probably get the idea, mhenr.
ACwazHere

fuck around and get dunked on

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktk on Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:27 pm

it could work if it could just find the nearest point where a flag could be.
Ktk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CamQuartr on Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:50 pm

You got the Copy and Paste thing so perfect Very Happy awesome Job mhenr
though wtf did you do to the Flag? it got so glitchy.

CamQuartr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AkidisPwnage on Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:06 pm

Is it possible to mix both of the 6.2 and 6.1 graphics or will it screw the whole thing up?

Back to top Go down

Post by darklight on Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:01 pm

this will make inverted sections SOOO much easier... in fact, I have an idea for that...

also, whenever I delete a flag, bosh won't go away, so when I click anywhere near bosh the track starts playing.
darklight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Purtle on Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:47 pm

lol @ STP coming out of nowhere.

Glad to see you are getting things done mhenr
Purtle

ppt [retired mod]

View user profile http://www.hiddenheartpiece.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktk on Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:03 pm

@ dark i have a better idea :|

woohoo. I won't be dl'ing this until the full v comes out. I have too manuy lr's on my dtop already.
Ktk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 on Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:49 am

As for the flags, you can actually check where bosh will be in the track really quick if you don't render anything and do it all in code. I can have it that if you click somewhere, the nearest point to the mouse where Bosh ends up gets flagged.

As for the flags, it does take some effort to get it working, but it's alot better than it was, let me tell you. :P

I'll go through the bug list soon and start clearing bugs. As for the flags, the one mentioned above is fixed by shift-clicking the flag tool. Wipes all flags.

As for compatibility, I test with flash player 9. It should work fine under 8, but using 9+ will guarantee the best results.

mhenr18

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 on Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:17 am

yes, double post.

Bug reporter has been updated to only show the active bugs when viewing bugs ( http://mhenr18.com/viewbugs.php ). If you want to see all of them, http://mhenr18.com/viewbugs.php?showall=true is the place to go.

Working on r1, should be able to post it in a day or two.

I'm also working on the manual - there's a ton of stuff in there that's not explained at all atm xD

mhenr18

Back to top Go down

Post by aspi33 on Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:24 am

baconat0r wrote:can you make click + zoom go to auto superzoom and scroll zoom to go to how it originally was? Please make it an option then...

Its easier to scene that way and I have been using it as a default recording size for my scenery tracks. So I dont end up missing spots and scening a bunch of unnecessary places.

OOOH

and with the maximum line length thinger can you make it so the mouse wont move any further than the limit. Like xy snap how it wont let you move anywhere but x and y. Option...

Another Thing

Make the select tool a square button because you can only click on the cross and its sometimes hard to do. Nice one! Also, make it possible to click the center of the Tools button.

ALso for people with problems playing, use an updated flash player, i was using 8 and some features wouldnt work so just letting you know.
aspi33
Line Rider Legend

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/aspi333

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 on Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:37 am

aspi33 wrote:
baconat0r wrote:can you make click + zoom go to auto superzoom and scroll zoom to go to how it originally was? Please make it an option then...
Just use Shift while zooming to get 6.2 zoom.

OOOH

and with the maximum line length thinger can you make it so the mouse wont move any further than the limit. Like xy snap how it wont let you move anywhere but x and y. Option...
I'll have it as an option in the Settings panel.

Another Thing

Make the select tool a square button because you can only click on the cross and its sometimes hard to do. Nice one! Also, make it possible to click the center of the Tools button.
The select button's fine now, and I'll fix the settings button.

As another thing, I'll be adding in actual buttons for undo/redo as well as a direction lock for drawing lines (so you dont have to hold shift). The buttons for those will go next to the paste button :P Another idea I might use is to enable some standard keyboard shortcuts in the game, so Ctrl/Cmd-S would be save, Ctrl/Cmd-Z would undo, etc. I wouldn't get rid of the existing keys, I'd just make extras (I always find myself Cmd-S'ing for some reason, so if I do, theres a chance you guys would as well).

EDIT: I can't make threads in this section atm xD So, until I can make a new thread, go wild with Public Beta rev 2

I've just made the select button easier to click, and fixed up some of the bugs with selection (namely that it sometimes wont select, the hand tools messed up, that stuff), so see how that goes for you. I'd advise using Flash Player 9 standalone from http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/updaters/9/sa_flashplayer_9_debug.exe (PC), http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/updaters/9/flashplayer_9_plugin_debug_ub.dmg (Mac). It won't override your normal flash player, it just means that I don't have to worry about glitches caused by flash player 8 (ie, the keyboard just stuffs up all the time). I'll see if I can fix those up, but for now, use fp9.

mhenr18

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy on Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:27 pm

wow nobody even told me about this.. I feel like im not even in the community anymore D:

Anyway, this is going to be the final version? If so, extra waffles for Mhenr.

*downloads*

Edit: When you save then load a track with ghost flags, you can still see them, even after deleted before save. Also, there was this weird glitch on the left side where there was a ghost flag but Bosh was in pieces (left leg right leg left arm right arm etc.). Not to mention if you save with a flag still on then load the flag will still be there but unusable.

Hard to tell when im clicking the select tool, but idk if its the fixed one because you said it was fixed.

there is a copy, but how do i paste? It seems as though im copying the same line right in the same place but cant move it, then right after I got the terror script :|

This is what I found in the first five minutes of fooling around xD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top