Feels Like - FlagCapper and Lukking

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Feels Like - FlagCapper and Lukking

Post by Lukking on Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:01 pm

From YT:

I wasn't satisfied with what i did in Fly By Night so i started another track in the "slow synch quirk" style. This time FlagCapper joins in with 2 awesome parts and provides a little more variety for this style.

Thanks to FlagCapper for recording and editing!

If you want to take a closer look at the trk, here it is https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7x1gek43xtg9z6/148%20finished.trk?dl=0

Last edited by Lukking on Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Cereal wrote:I have a strange feeling like you'll make tracks again sometime (since that's what happens to 95% of people who quit like this), but I could be wrong.

You were right.
Lukking

Community Pick: SYTYKC
4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Feels Like - FlagCapper and Lukking

Post by OTDE on Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:47 pm

Okay parts of this petered out and didn't feel super connected with the music, but the parts that did were actually mind-boggling, holy shit.

Super excited to review this. This is OTDE soul food.

OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Community Pick: Braggadocio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers on Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:08 pm

you two have an exceptional grasp on rotational flow, its very rare a track gets it as well as this

i think you may have sacrificed a bit much of that flow in the second half to do some of the recycles, but all together, its still very solid

edit: i think i should mention the editing. I like how we are slowly drifting to this much simpler style of editing, and only stating the necessary things. Its a lot more professional and accessible imo.

Creation | Unusuals | Firework | 制限 | Campester 3 | Silk Road Scened | Light Fantastic | Vemödalen | Doll | Superluminal Motion
Chuggers

mass-producing masterpieces

Community Pick: Form

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon on Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:37 am

Very cohesive until flagcapper's first part. The syncing scheme was ignored. Lost the hard syncs if that makes sense. I am not huge stickler on theme though, so I still enjoyed it as a raw track. It was a very great track.

I was also sad when it was over. I was locked in a trance and when it was over it just hit me.
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

3rd place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus on Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:29 pm

Sheldon wrote:Very cohesive until flagcapper's first part. The syncing scheme was ignored. Lost the hard syncs if that makes sense. I am not huge stickler on theme though, so I still enjoyed it as a raw track. It was a very great track.

I was also sad when it was over. I was locked in a trance and when it was over it just hit me.

Felt this way at first until I worked on the track and realized the sync alternates back and forth between hard beat syncs and vocal syncs

Was blown away when I discovered this

Also this is A+ guys good work

Interior Crocodile Alligator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE on Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:11 pm

ScrungleBlumpkus wrote:
Felt this way at first until I worked on the track and realized the sync alternates back and forth between hard beat syncs and vocal syncs

I don't see the vocal syncs. There's parts in FC's bit where it syncs to neither (tumbling) but if you can show me enough to convince me the vocal sync is intentional in those parts, I'd love to see it.

OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Community Pick: Braggadocio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan on Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:24 pm

This is my favorite style of track. Well done guys.
Morgan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top