We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some skype-conversation inspired thoughts

5 posters

Go down

Some skype-conversation inspired thoughts Empty Some skype-conversation inspired thoughts

Post by anton Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:46 am

This was originally written as a skype message, but I decided to upgrade it to a thread, so that more people could join the discussion/give their own thoughts on the matters. These are all subjective opinions, and they may differ from yours. If that is the case, please do ellaborate, because historically speaking communication tends to be a scarce resource.

I think for a long time making tracks was very much a process of placing a line, checking if it looks cool, if no, replace line, if yes, make new line. The general outlines of this technique is still in fasion, but LRA and knowledge has changed the scale, and you no longer test a single line, but a whole trick, and you check if it works combined with what was before, and what may come after. Same process, different scope.

Most of the sum knowledge currently rests with a tiny percentage of the community: the ones who made a game out of understanding the game. They have gone far, far down their path. This doesn't make them inherently better players than the ones who have not chosen to go down that road, but they do have the ability to make pretty much anything; An ability I think every single player, without exception, would benefit from. Refined knowledge and technique makes it possible to accurately recreate envisioned ideas. That being said I have to clearify: I am not at all trying to force anyone to play like the technical players (as if i could :P ). The very technical players are extremes, not the ideals. However, I believe they represent something that is truly essential for the evolution of tracks. My understanding of the game makes it possible for me to make bosh move in any way i want. Do I utilize this to its fullest potential? no. I am not the most creative guy, but i know for a fact that if some of the more creative players were to adopt some of my techniques, we would witness a hoard of breathtaking tracks. But people seem reluctant to learn - there seems to be no craving for new knowledge, and I can do little to change that. This feeds into the current divide. Which Shua is now working to lessen. Kudos to him.

I am aware this might not be news to everyone, but I feel like this had to expressed, and I hope I could put into word some of the frustration some of you feel.

Singularities are just kramuals in both directions.
Wormholes are just redlined singularities.
iterations are just the physics applied 6 times.
9/11 was just an inside job.
Kramual cannons are just gravity wells.

peace out motherfuckers
anton
anton

cool

Community Pick: SYTYKC

Back to top Go down

Some skype-conversation inspired thoughts Empty Re: Some skype-conversation inspired thoughts

Post by Helios Pavonine Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:01 am

On the one hand, I think there was more creativity in tracks when there were limits to what was possible. On the other, I realize all the new tools open up a world of possibilities. But as long as these get used for quirky tricks only, I keep having mixed feelings.

So I've been thinking about LR as an art tool and I'm not sure you need to make Bosh go in a fetal position or slingshot to another dimension to make good art - or recreate envisioned ideas.  2 cents
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Some skype-conversation inspired thoughts Empty Re: Some skype-conversation inspired thoughts

Post by anton Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:18 am

Helios Pavonine wrote: But as long as these get used for quirky tricks only, I keep having mixed feelings.
I think the current focus on quirk is just a phase that trackmaking has to go through. In a world were techquirk isn't impressive, focus will shift organically to more abstract track making. techquirk has pretty much reached its goal, wormholes have removed what little limitations were left. That's not to say the power and technique is dead - some track makers find beauty in perfection and technique, but they shouldn't be allowed to set the standards.

What you said about limits also made me think. I remember someone sharing a video about how limitation breeds creativity. I agree a hundred percent. But with no limitations, you get to set your own limitations, which is what i've done in tracks like static, jitterbug, free buffeet, etc.

Helios Pavonine wrote: or recreate envisioned ideas
I realize this is quite poorly communicated, but in essence I meant the shortening the gap between what you can think of and what you can execute - which isn't at all limited to quirk. Doesn't really affect the point you were making, but I had to correct myself.

anton
anton

cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:32 am

Deep
Morgan
Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:16 pm

Oh you forgot
Anything is survivable
Momentum Tick is the key
Tail fakie is the secret spaghetti condition

I believe in a world where we set our own limitations, we have more fun because it's just creativity from there
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:50 am

ScrungleBlumpkus wrote:Oh you forgot
Anything is survivable
Momentum Tick is the key
Tail fakie is the secret spaghetti condition

I believe in a world where we set our own limitations, we have more fun because it's just creativity from there
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down