We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whoops

3 posters

Go down

Whoops Empty Whoops

Post by iPi Tue May 10, 2016 4:26 pm

Made a silly thread, feel free to delete.

Last edited by iPi on Tue May 10, 2016 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
iPi
iPi

Manualologist

Back to top Go down

Whoops Empty Re: Whoops

Post by Sheldon Tue May 10, 2016 5:11 pm

Your track mountain is the best manual track of all time, had it be complete you'd certainly have a feature
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by iPi Tue May 10, 2016 5:36 pm

Thanks, man. This was a dumb post. I should try to work on it.
iPi
iPi

Manualologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Tue May 10, 2016 5:46 pm

Curious now, what was it about? I won't judge you for it
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by iPi Tue May 10, 2016 6:05 pm

Rafael wrote:Curious now, what was it about? I won't judge you for it
You know what? I'll put the original post here, just for the sake of discussion.
Spoiler:

Last edited by iPi on Wed May 11, 2016 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
iPi
iPi

Manualologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Tue May 10, 2016 6:29 pm

I understand how you feel. No comment was good enough when I released Jam. Looking back at it however I realised I was quite mislead.You should read your comments on Mountain, quite some praise there :P If that's doesn't feel sufficient to you either, you should question whether you have realistic expectations. I've got two thoughts about this:

1. Your idea determines how efficient your effort/praise ratio is. My guess is that that's your bottleneck. With Mountain your idea was to create the most amazing manuals ever and amaze people with it. This definitely worked, but you had to put so much effort to create it that no reaction is good enough to justify the effort you put in. If I were you I'd focus more on the idea you have than the execution of it. You're focused enough to exhibit your ideas with great execution, that's one thing you've shown.

2. You've probably heard this too many times, but it's still true: You shouldn't make tracks for the reactions of other people. I'm not saying others' opinion of you should be no motivation at all (everybody creates tracks for praise to some extent), but one big reason you should play is also because you enjoy the game and expressing your creativity.

If I were you I'd focus more on the idea you have than the execution of it. You've proven to be focused enough to exhibit your ideas with great execution, so no need to impress us that way anymore Wink. I think you'll have more fun with the game if you focus on creating something unique rather than creating something insane. I'm sure you're a creative guy! Smile
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by iPi Tue May 10, 2016 7:44 pm

Rafael wrote:I understand how you feel. No comment was good enough when I released Jam. Looking back at it however I realised I was quite mislead.You should read your comments on Mountain, quite some praise there :P If that's doesn't feel sufficient to you either, you should question whether you have realistic expectations.
I am actually satisfied with the response I got on Mountain (in fact, going back to that thread is what made me remove this post in the first place), I was more upset at having never won anything, which I know is silly. I tried making a big response to the points in your post, but honestly my only issue at this point is that I don't have fun making tracks anymore. I still enjoy watching other peoples though, so I'll at least stick around for that. Your post is still helpful to me though, so thank you. Smile
iPi
iPi

Manualologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Wed May 11, 2016 1:02 pm

iPi wrote:
Rafael wrote:I understand how you feel. No comment was good enough when I released Jam. Looking back at it however I realised I was quite mislead.You should read your comments on Mountain, quite some praise there :P If that's doesn't feel sufficient to you either, you should question whether you have realistic expectations.
I am actually satisfied with the response I got on Mountain (in fact, going back to that thread is what made me remove this post in the first place), I was more upset at having never won anything, which I know is silly. I tried making a big response to the points in your post, but honestly my only issue at this point is that I don't have fun making tracks anymore. I still enjoy watching other peoples though, so I'll at least stick around for that. Your post is still helpful to me though, so thank you. Smile
Well, you used to have fun creating things I assume. What is it you enjoy creating the most?
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down