We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seen and never Heard - Luk

+12
theacp127
Chuggers
cvang
Z_N-Freak
JealousCloud
Helios Pavonine
ScrungleBlumpkus
OTDE
rabid squirrel
Rafael
anton
Lukking
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Seen and never Heard - Luk - Page 2 Empty Re: Seen and never Heard - Luk

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:25 am

delisammich wrote:1. There are a lot of stops that are really well timed, however the landings are sometimes delayed enough that it ruins the vibe. Examples: 0:53-ish, 1:01. I think hip hop is supposed to be pretty sharp especially if you are following the drum hits. They really have to be accurate to the beat and it doesn't have the vibe anymore if you delay it even a little.
I have to say, I watched these moments over several times and I still can't see which beats are off. I'm guessing this is a thing you gotta have a "choreographer's eye" for? Or maybe one of our computers is just lagging in playing the video.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:54 am

rabid squirrel wrote:
delisammich wrote:1. There are a lot of stops that are really well timed, however the landings are sometimes delayed enough that it ruins the vibe. Examples: 0:53-ish, 1:01. I think hip hop is supposed to be pretty sharp especially if you are following the drum hits. They really have to be accurate to the beat and it doesn't have the vibe anymore if you delay it even a little.
I have to say, I watched these moments over several times and I still can't see which beats are off. I'm guessing this is a thing you gotta have a "choreographer's eye" for? Or maybe one of our computers is just lagging in playing the video.
Sometimes Youtube is slightly changing the synch!
Lukking
Lukking

Community Pick: SYTYKC
4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:05 pm

Lukking wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:

Considering that the rest of the track is spot on, I think that shouldn't be the case right? The below is not taking away anything on how amazing I think this track is, as well as my enjoyment in watching it Smile

What I think delisammich is referring to at 0:53 is the nose manual up the hill and the little bump which seems slightly off-beat. It's quite subtle and I didn't notice it before. At 1:01 I think he's referring to the double pop of the beat where Bosh gets catapulted up by two gravity wells. It seems that the gravity wells in this case pop at a faster rate than the beat. Didn't notice this before either and it's very subtle anyway.

[/2cents]
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by delisammich Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:50 am

Z_N-Freak wrote:
Lukking wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:

Considering that the rest of the track is spot on, I think that shouldn't be the case right? The below is not taking away anything on how amazing I think this track is, as well as my enjoyment in watching it Smile

What I think delisammich is referring to at 0:53 is the nose manual up the hill and the little bump which seems slightly off-beat. It's quite subtle and I didn't notice it before. At 1:01 I think he's referring to the double pop of the beat where Bosh gets catapulted up by two gravity wells. It seems that the gravity wells in this case pop at a faster rate than the beat. Didn't notice this before either and it's very subtle anyway.

[/2cents]

Yeah, I would say that these are definitely really small things, but I guess what I meant is that I wasn't sure about where you wanted the hit to be. It's not to say it's "wrong" or something, but rather, I would have preferred things to be a little more clean cut. I definitely admit these are super small and subtle/picky things that I'm talking about, so I can understand if these don't seem like important details. It's just what I noticed for some reason when watching. Thanks for clarifying the parts I mentioned, ZNF! Smile

The part at 1:01 could be that the double pop is rushed, or that the part after that double pop is too slow to make me feel like the groove is maintained. Haha, sorry if this is a little too specific to be considered useful feedback! I can be a little too picky about small things :'D

Also... I'm a girl :'D

delisammich

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:24 am

delisammich wrote:
Z_N-Freak wrote:
Lukking wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:

[/2cents]

Yeah, I would say that these are definitely really small things, but I guess what I meant is that I wasn't sure about where you wanted the hit to be. It's not to say it's "wrong" or something, but rather, I would have preferred things to be a little more clean cut. I definitely admit these are super small and subtle/picky things that I'm talking about, so I can understand if these don't seem like important details. It's just what I noticed for some reason when watching. Thanks for clarifying the parts I mentioned, ZNF! Smile

The part at 1:01 could be that the double pop is rushed, or that the part after that double pop is too slow to make me feel like the groove is maintained. Haha, sorry if this is a little too specific to be considered useful feedback! I can be a little too picky about small things :'D

Also... I'm a girl :'D

Ah alright, sorry! Hard to tell gender from usernames Smile
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:00 pm

Quick Review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_5MHwMyVdc

rabid squirrel