We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seen and never Heard - Luk

+12
theacp127
Chuggers
cvang
Z_N-Freak
JealousCloud
Helios Pavonine
ScrungleBlumpkus
OTDE
rabid squirrel
Rafael
anton
Lukking
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Seen and never Heard - Luk Empty Seen and never Heard - Luk

Post by Lukking Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:58 pm

Made this a few weeks back and wanted to throw this out so i put a "stall" on it. Thanks to Rabid for recording and editing.
Heres My attempt at high synch slow quirk

https://youtu.be/qT_gdzlzOss
Lukking
Lukking

Community Pick: SYTYKC
4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Seen and never Heard - Luk Empty Re: Seen and never Heard - Luk

Post by anton Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:19 pm

this is the kind of syncing that should be the only kind of syncing

Yuppediyup, this is my cup of tea. Thank you for making this

anton
anton

cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:31 pm

That was legendary. Big shame it's unfinished.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:33 pm

Love, love, love. I love how you avoided attempting to sync to every possible thing, and I think the product is much stronger as a result. Really great job of syncing to the overall impression of the song instead of the details.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:36 pm

Y E S

Space-aware, synced slow manuquirk? This was so well-executed and stands out as something really unique.

I love the direction people are taking quirk right now! You integrated it into the larger boom-bap structure of this track and it just WORKS.

GOOD FREAKIN' JOB, dude. I look forward to your next track.
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:39 pm

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I can't say I've ever synced this well
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:46 pm

I think this is more of a cool experiment than anything else. If a track's sole purpose is to sync to a song, is it still a track? Nevertheless, the execution is quite impressive.
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by JealousCloud Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:51 pm

Showing us how slow tracks should be done
JealousCloud
JealousCloud

see you, space cowboy...

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:42 pm

Wow, that's sweet! I really like this type of track. The choreography takes the spotlight and the quirk is there to make him move how you want him too. Really enjoyed this.
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by cvang Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:08 pm

loved how the manuals changed speed so quickly but smoothly

cvang

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:47 pm

conun's camera really does good for these bouncy tracks

cool syncing, only complaint is that it isnt finished
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:03 am

Helios Pavonine wrote:If a track's sole purpose is to sync to a song, is it still a track?
wait, is this a serious question?
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:46 am

Thanks for the positive feedback. Totally didnt expext that Smile
Lukking
Lukking

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:58 am

rabid squirrel wrote:
Helios Pavonine wrote:If a track's sole purpose is to sync to a song, is it still a track?
Yeah. Let's talk about that.

Sure, there are plenty of tracks that sync to a song really well, like Daisies and SSM, but those tracks (Bosh's movement caused by lines / the lines Bosh rides on) have their interesting moments as well. SSM is technically very impressive and looks like a kinetic dance, and Daisies experiments with slow and green manuals and low pressure flatsled. When you would take all that stuff away and create a track that basically only relies on the song, I'm not sure if it can be classified as a track still. There are barely any visual stimuli, and Bosh's movement is very dependent on just gravity. To me, this is a very bland track. Granted, the idea was executed perfectly, and it's sorta enjoyable, but that is, imo, all I can say about it. 2 cents
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:12 pm

I guess I'm not romantic enough to get it in an emotional way so I'm not going there. I say the technical aspects of the track could have been implemented differently to keep the flow going while still keeping it slow. It had a few flow killers that didn't fit in my opinion. The remaining track was solidly executed.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:33 pm

Helios Pavonine wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:

Sure, there are plenty of tracks that sync to a song really well, like Daisies and SSM, but those tracks (Bosh's movement caused by lines / the lines Bosh rides on) have their interesting moments as well. SSM is technically very impressive and looks like a kinetic dance, and Daisies experiments with slow and green manuals and low pressure flatsled. When you would take all that stuff away and create a track that basically only relies on the song, I'm not sure if it can be classified as a track still. There are barely any visual stimuli, and Bosh's movement is very dependent on just gravity. To me, this is a very bland track. Granted, the idea was executed perfectly, and it's sorta enjoyable, but that is, imo, all I can say about it. 2 cents

So, as I've been looking at the conversations this community has had re: Daisies, this track, etc. I've noticed that there are these two ways that most of the community looks at tracks. The first camp is structure-oriented: this perspective provides a focus on tricks and how they're sequenced. The second camp is movement-based: this perspective focuses on how Bosh moves, rather than how the lines affect him. Everyone's got a little bit of both on their mind when they look at a track, and some people have clear preferences, while others don't. The interesting thing about this is that people's preferences have almost no relation to what style of track people make.

One example:
- Rafael makes movement-based tracks with a lot of technical stuff. The tricks are fast, powerful, and complex, but in tracks like SSM and Jam, the focus isn't the tricks, but the way bosh moves to the music. However, Rafael doesn't follow either school of thought to the letter (correct me if I'm wrong or misrepresenting your opinion, Rafael, this isn't disparagement, but is simply for the sake of an example). Instead, Rafael enjoys tracks with polish and deft execution. S&NH is executed extremely well as a movement-based track, and WTM functions incredibly well as a structure-based track, and Rafael likes both of these.

In this framework, it seems like your criticism is that this track, which is primarily movement based, doesn't have a very strong adherence to structure, and you're not wrong. But does that make S&NH "not a track"? Personally, I'm not entirely convinced, especially since Line Rider is so, so subjective.

every time someone says something isn't a track I'll just make some weird postmodern track where the backing track is a woman crying softly while bosh slowly limps around offsled called "my tears are the ultimate oppressor of the happiness within"
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:02 pm

Helios Pavonine wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:

I think not considering this (any) track a track does short of its complexity. There are infinite ways Lukking could have synced to this song while still having a seemingly flawless execution. You're right about it not having a lot of depth though. I think I like this extra much because of how many players have strived for a track like this :P The pinnacle of smoothness.

OTDE wrote:Rafael makes movement-based tracks with a lot of technical stuff. The tricks are fast, powerful, and complex, but in tracks like SSM and Jam, the focus isn't the tricks, but the way bosh moves to the music. However, Rafael doesn't follow either school of thought to the letter (correct me if I'm wrong or misrepresenting your opinion, Rafael, this isn't disparagement, but is simply for the sake of an example). Instead, Rafael enjoys tracks with polish and deft execution. S&NH is executed extremely well as a movement-based track, and WTM functions incredibly well as a structure-based track, and Rafael likes both of these.
Pretty accurate :P I try to take the best of everything
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SPL4SHZ0N3 Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:55 am

If someone showed me this video minus the first bit of intro, without telling me the track-maker, Lukking would have been my last guess. I think that's great.
SPL4SHZ0N3
SPL4SHZ0N3
Line Rider Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/SPL4SHZ0N3

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:19 am

To me it's staggering that somebody could argue over this not being a track. So much work must have went into each sync. Especially that recycle at 31 seconds! That must have been a super lucky line placement, or it might have taken hours to get that right. And there are so many more moments that must have been difficult to get right, which I think are really impressive as well as enjoyable to watch. The whole thing seems so much more like Bosh is moving to the music. It's like a dance, it's mesmerizing Smile

Edit: wait, maybe it's not a track after all. This is the future of Line Rider and we'll call it Line Dance! And tracks will be called a dance! HYPE Panic
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:13 pm

Remember the time when we chose the music AFTER finishing the track? good times, good times
Lukking
Lukking

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:35 pm

I really liked what you did with that. Very impressive syncs. I was always expecting one of those rapid succession (or "one two," not really sure what to call them) sync parts to miss its sync or for it to not be as clearly synced as the others, but it never happened. It was really impressive and I liked it a lot.
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by FlagCapper Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:40 pm

This felt like it could be the opening for a really excellent track and then it just ended, which is a shame. The recycle at 0:33 is phenomenal. Most recycling feels really unnatural and sort of forced, but that recycle feels as if it is a first-use thing that flows with the track.

FlagCapper
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by anton Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:33 pm

0:45

no one?
anton
anton

cool

Back to top Go down

Post by delisammich Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:51 am

Hello, I was brought here by conundrumer... I'm not really part of the line rider community and I pretty much never played or used the program, but he was suggesting that I give feedback on my experience watching these creations, so here I am, giving it a try. Hope it's helpful!

I think it's overall really cool, what rhythms you chose! However, I think there is still room for improvement :'D

1. There are a lot of stops that are really well timed, however the landings are sometimes delayed enough that it ruins the vibe. Examples: 0:53-ish, 1:01. I think hip hop is supposed to be pretty sharp especially if you are following the drum hits. They really have to be accurate to the beat and it doesn't have the vibe anymore if you delay it even a little.

2. The falling part at 0:44 was a really cool idea, but I think the fall was too long, and made it not feel the way that I expected. If you made the fall almost exactly match up to the area when she says "falling" and the bass goes silent and the drums stops for a second, it would be super cool to have that negative space.

3. Perhaps try to follow the rhythm of other stuff like the electric organ chords in the beginning. It would be kind of cool to accent those once in a while because they are in the background and it brings attention to those, which I think the music even does sometimes.

Hope this helps! Very Happy

delisammich

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:54 am

delisammich wrote:Hello, I was brought here by conundrumer... I'm not really part of the line rider community and I pretty much never played or used the program, but he was suggesting that I give feedback on my experience watching these creations, so here I am, giving it a try. Hope it's helpful!

I think it's overall really cool, what rhythms you chose! However, I think there is still room for improvement :'D

1. There are a lot of stops that are really well timed, however the landings are sometimes delayed enough that it ruins the vibe. Examples: 0:53-ish, 1:01. I think hip hop is supposed to be pretty sharp especially if you are following the drum hits. They really have to be accurate to the beat and it doesn't have the vibe anymore if you delay it even a little.

2. The falling part at 0:44 was a really cool idea, but I think the fall was too long, and made it not feel the way that I expected. If you made the fall almost exactly match up to the area when she says "falling" and the bass goes silent and the drums stops for a second, it would be super cool to have that negative space.

3. Perhaps try to follow the rhythm of other stuff like the electric organ chords in the beginning. It would be kind of cool to accent those once in a while because they are in the background and it brings attention to those, which I think the music even does sometimes.

Hope this helps! Very Happy
Wow this is actually some really good advice, thank you!
Lukking
Lukking

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next