We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round #4 - Poll #3

+3
Apple
Sheldon
rabid squirrel
7 posters

Go down

Vote for up to 2 videos!

Round #4 - Poll #3 Vote_lcap17%Round #4 - Poll #3 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 6 ]
Round #4 - Poll #3 Vote_lcap36%Round #4 - Poll #3 Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 13 ]
Round #4 - Poll #3 Vote_lcap8%Round #4 - Poll #3 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]
Round #4 - Poll #3 Vote_lcap39%Round #4 - Poll #3 Vote_rcap 39% 
[ 14 ]

Total Votes : 36

Poll closed

Round #4 - Poll #3 Empty Round #4 - Poll #3

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:01 pm

Vote for up to TWO videos!

Two of these will be eliminated, the other two will move on to round 5!

Entries:

1. Lilac Wine
  2. Evolution of Line Rider
  3. Forbidden
  4. Phunner

Rules:
- Watch all tracks before voting (if you've seen them before, a re-watch is recommended but not required)
- Please don't vote for yourself
Exception: You can vote for 'yourself' for large collabs (e.g. community scenery projects, clan projects, or LCC projects)
- No begging/bribing/duping or otherwise cheating
- We will not change your vote after you cast it - make sure it's accurate

Embedded videos:
Spoiler:
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Round #4 - Poll #3 Empty Re: Round #4 - Poll #3

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:45 pm

What I said in the last 3 rounds:
Spoiler:
My thoughts after watching this time:
Lilac Wine - I would really like to know why this track has gotten this far. It looks to me like the main force driving it is nostalgia and hype. What is done in this track that hasn't been done better since? With the exception of the opening titles which do a really good job making you feel sad by telling you that this is THE END (maybe) NO REALLY THE END (no but I'll be back. probably. you want me to stay right?) X
Evolution of Line Rider - This isn't a perfect execution by any means. The xy section is horribly lacking and the end is outdated and really falls short of what it could have been. But there is a clear concept and a clear message, and the message is one that I think is worthwhile, which puts it head and shoulders above the other tracks in this poll IMO. √
Forbidden - I am so, so tired of watching this track for each round. It's both exhausting and intensely boring. X
Phunner - I really do like the last minute or so but the first 3.5 minutes are so much less interesting that it feels like 3.5 minutes of filler and 1 minute of great ideas. Thought about giving this my second vote but I shouldn't vote for a track that I don't enjoy anymore after watching it several times for the tournament. X
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:24 pm

Lilac Wine, and Phunner.
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:44 pm

My thoughts on these tracks:

Lilac Wine:
Probably biased because of nostalgia (like Rabid mentioned above) but I have always loved this track. The atmosphere that Hedge was able to make with all of his videos made them all entertaining to me. It may not be the best by todays standards, but it was exceptional when it came out and I still love it.

Evolution of Line Rider:
I love this track for its concept. I'm pretty sure nothing had been done similar to this before its release. I have to disagree with you on something Rabid, please correct me if I'm wrong. I don't think that modern and future quirk could have been better. Alt-flings were pretty new at this point and seeing them so strong and with so much control for the time absolutely fit the description of "future quirk."

Forbidden: 
The control that Kram had was unreal, and I feel that this track depicts it well. It slows down a bit around the 1:00 mark, but other than that it's non-stop impressive space recycling and insane control of flow. This has consistently been my favorite Kramwood track.

Phunner:
I think this track is decent. It does feel like a lot of the track was just trying to get to the end so Cereal could do his fun idea. I really liked how he payed tribute to all of the classic videos, and it's a pretty solid track, but I don't think it belongs in the Tournament of Legends anymore.
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by SethComposerGuy Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:47 pm

As much as I'd love to see evo of lr make it far in this competition, I had to go with Forbidden because I love the unpredictable nature of the track, especially the dense first section of which I wish more people would make stuff like that, or at least attempt. Maybe then that style of dense track making could receive more love.

I also went with Phunner. I just love the build up in the track, and several sections just make me smile watching it.
SethComposerGuy
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:09 pm

shua wrote:I have to disagree with you on something Rabid, please correct me if I'm wrong. I don't think that modern and future quirk could have been better. Alt-flings were pretty new at this point and seeing them so strong and with so much control for the time absolutely fit the description of "future quirk."
Oh no I love it through aspi's part, I'm talking about the part at the very very end.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:28 pm

1. Phunner. Can't express how much I love this track. Groundbreaking at the time of release, and I love how the track evolves. It plays with expectation to an extend never seen or replicated before - Jagged Peak Adventure, Kramual, cannon antiqlimax, offsled fling, just to name a few.

2. EoLR. Wasn't sure if this was better than Forbidden when I saw the poll, but upon a rewatch it became clear how monumental this track is. A piece of Line Rider history, literally and figuratively.

3. Forbidden. Love this track, really conveys emotion to me with its incredible power and song choice.

4. Lilac Wine. A great old-timer, but you have to admit better tracks have been made by now.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:37 pm

lilac wine and eolr, both because of their structure
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:09 pm

EoLR and Phunner. They each make me... feel things.
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:15 pm

Evolution of Line Rider and Phunner advance, Lilac Wine and Forbidden are eliminated.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down