Why do we suck at featuring movies?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why do we suck at featuring movies?

Post by rabid squirrel on Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:36 pm

Two things keep happening:

1. Very few videos get nominated for feature. (to the point where some videos get nominated WAY after they are posted, like booty swing or don't worry we'll keep in touch)

2. The videos that do get nominated get TONS of yes votes. (10 out of the last 11 videos nominated got featured.)

Forgive me for using specific examples (of course I am biased) but here we go:

http://iridethelines.forumotion.com/t11406-feature-don-t-worry-we-ll-keep-in-touch-by-gao
This track was released in August and nominated in December. Yet once it was nominated it was featured by a landslide. Why did nobody nominate it earlier?

http://iridethelines.forumotion.com/t11383-feature-mountain-technology-age-of-creation-by-wizzy-repeat
Mountain Technology 3 barely went anywhere in ToL, and yet when it was nominated it easily was featured. Why?

So my questions to you are:
1. Do you think this is a problem?
2. What, if anything, should we do about it?

My Twitter | My Tumblr | My Twitch | My Facebook Page | My Instagram
(You can also follow my patreon and see all public posts completely for free)
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy guy round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Why do we suck at featuring movies?

Post by Fauxfyre on Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:41 pm

It has always been like this except for like 3 or 4 periods of a month or two I remember since I started being allowed to vote on Features (when Elite was still a thing, early 2013)

I feel like I'm stating the obvious if I'm saying not many people actively care to keep this community up. Sure they like it, but if they have to work for it, they don't give a crap, and that's how I've always felt. Those 3 or 4 times, most of the nominations are either by Rabid, or new people who still have excitement in the community (like myself, but there have been a few others). Secondly, there's not really any harm in just voting yes and featuring something, so people who don't really care will just click yes to be nice, especially in the last year or so.

I don't know why people still wonder about this. It's how it's been since like, 2012, which is why I got Moderator so easily in 2013 because I cared just enough to post CotM and other stuff when nobody else would, and participated in most other things, with very little effort, but more than everyone else. That's pretty much the only reason.

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers on Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:52 pm

i think the problem is that people are either too lazy to nominate or dont know that they are allowed

I remember 3 different people asking for someone to nominate some rando track back in the fall instead of going and doing it themselves

as for tracks getting features and then sucking in tol, i think its because features dont really mean anything nowadays, or at least compared to the old days. Features now are usually a reward for doing something remotely creative
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:04 am

@Fauxfyre wrote:not many people actively care to keep this community up. Sure they like it, but if they have to work for it, they don't give a crap
Unfortunately, I couldn't agree more.

My Twitter | My Tumblr | My Twitch | My Facebook Page | My Instagram
(You can also follow my patreon and see all public posts completely for free)
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy guy round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon on Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:50 am

My view is I personally will only nominate a track that has a chance of getting featured, I'd also be more likely to remember if the 3 day rule was lifted, because I am constantly paranoid I will break it. For example I am probably about to nominate The Gorge.
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top