We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

<CREATE NEW TRACK>

+11
Apple
SPL4SHZ0N3
rabid squirrel
Chuggers
Opal Rider
FlagCapper
Conundrumer
theacp127
OTDE
mmtunligit
anton
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

<CREATE NEW TRACK> Empty <CREATE NEW TRACK>

Post by anton Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:24 pm

Link
Should speak for itself

there are eleven, good luck

Last edited by Anton on Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
anton
anton

cool

Community Pick: SYTYKC

Back to top Go down

<CREATE NEW TRACK> Empty Re: <CREATE NEW TRACK>

Post by mmtunligit Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:33 pm

ok, nice track what were those words that flashed by?
mmtunligit
mmtunligit

Nerds like me rule

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:41 pm

Brilliant satire.
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Community Pick: Braggadocio

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:26 pm

You must have forgotten your meds before making this track. It was all over the place, but still had a nice flow.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:52 pm

you know how I feel about experimentation. i got sssschiller vibes from this track, also somewhat reminiscent of phunner. really enjoyed this (y)

let's go further down the rabbithole
yes we need to get to the bottom of this, would love it if you guys could code too

what's the music?
Conundrumer
Conundrumer
Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

Back to top Go down

Post by FlagCapper Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:29 pm

Very postmodern. Nice.

FlagCapper
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by anton Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:35 pm

Princess Daisy by YUNG LEAN
anton
anton

cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:48 pm

This felt surprisingly smooth for how rough it was in places. Probably had a lot to do with the music choice, which was great even if I'm not a huge fan of rap.

Also, I feel like the every frame green lines are starting to look more cluttered in places and less of an interesting concept. Use them where they work, and leave them alone if they don't.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:27 pm

this genre of track is now known as future flow
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by anton Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:46 pm

Opal Rider wrote:Also, I feel like the every frame gren lines are starting to look more clutered in places and less of an interesting concept.

OTDE wrote:Briliant satire.
anton
anton

cool

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:05 pm

wow the comment section is a trainwreck

great track anton, sorry our community struggles with analysis deeper than the very surface level

I want to just spell it out but I already know the intention behind it so I feel like that would defeat the purpose
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:30 pm

Yeah no sorry. If there was a joke to get it for lost in translation for me, sorry.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:40 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:wow the comment section is a trainwreck

great track anton, sorry our community struggles with analysis deeper than the very surface level

I want to just spell it out but I already know the intention behind it so I feel like that would defeat the purpose

I'm aware there's deeper meaning in this track, but I just take it at face value anyways, because, personally, if I had a critique to make about Line Rider and its community, I would write an essay instead of making a Line Rider track. This isn't to discourage making post-modern tracks. There's merit to showing instead of telling. In fact, I think it's inevitable that we'd have this post-modern phase. I like how it makes tracks super interesting, but I tend to be indifferent towards the message.

Have fun with self-referentiality. I hope y'all get something out of it. I'll sit this one out.

EDIT: on second thought, some things are referencing things I said. wow how am I even relevant

EDIT2: whoops I got way too far ahead of myself and got confused. I understand it now.

Last edited by Conundrumer on Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Conundrumer
Conundrumer
Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

Back to top Go down

Post by SPL4SHZ0N3 Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:52 am

Spoiler:

I really liked it anton
SPL4SHZ0N3
SPL4SHZ0N3
Line Rider Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/SPL4SHZ0N3

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:07 am

I realized how good you've become while I was watching this track. You've soared passed a lot of us with technicality, and it's amazing to watch. Remember when you released the Tinder Love collection? That was only like half a year ago. That's crazy! I'm sure LR:A helped a bit, but it's amazing to me how much you've improved. 

I loved the feel of the whole thing. Really cool to watch.
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:35 am

I feel like this track does a good job of highlighting how when we as a community discover a new concept, we repeat it to the point where it's no longer novel or creative. Flings are a good example of this. Transcendental's imitators are a good example of this. I would also add that Interrobang is probably also a good example of this, since it also led to the creation of this glorious thing.
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:50 pm

Anton wrote:
Opal Rider wrote:Also, I feel like the every frame gren lines are starting to look more clutered in places and less of an interesting concept.

OTDE wrote:Briliant satire.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:13 pm

Decent, but nothing impressive.
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:20 pm

I dont know what im more impressed by

the fact that half the comments are so shallow, or the fact the other half are so dense

<CREATE NEW TRACK> Giphy
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:35 pm

anton what do you think of this track
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:46 pm

Chuggers wrote:I dont know what im more impressed by

the fact that half the comments are so shallow, or the fact the other half are so dense
I think someone as shallow and dense as you would appreciate every comment

<CREATE NEW TRACK> Supa-hot-fire

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:47 pm

Fauxfyre wrote:
Chuggers wrote:I dont know what im more impressed by

I think someone as shallow and dense as you would appreciate every comment

<CREATE NEW TRACK> Supa-hot-fire

so it begins
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by anton Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:32 pm

aite, time 2 share sum thoughts.

Firstly. The text.
The text throughout the track (all pointed out by Mr. Spl4sh for the lazy ones), is all ironic and satirical. Irony was my way of portraying the satire.

"Surprisingly decent. Wow, you are improving fast. Neato Track" were my attempts at grasping the essence of a standard reply to a new player's released track. I got many of those back in the days and I was planning on pointing out the shallow nature of such replies, but chose not to. This might be a little extreme, but when I see comments like this, all I can read is "This is not worth the time I would take to give actual feedback". "Surprisingly decent" is slightly out of place when considering the two other

"I'm gonna finish this project. promise."
This is obviously me poking at the hype-train culture. Could've taken it further "I present my masterpiece". I seriously contemplated adding something like "65%".

"!?!?!?!?". This one is cleverly placed after the song modulates for half a second - for no reason. This is a reference to Interrobang, but it also served as a random element who’s pointlessness discredited the rest of hidden text. I wanted people to unconsciously think something like: "oh ok, just !'s and ?'s, that's not very interesting - the rest of the hidden text is also probably just pointless".

"Not that Elitist." Have been, always will be (jk, I don’t believe in forever). This lies with the culture from which quirk grew from.

“Impossible 2 shit bricks.” Sheldon. The expression “I will shit a brick” or “I will shit n bricks” is generally used when expressing awe towards a trick or frame. There are two ways of interpreting this. 1) Shitting bricks is physically impossible. Sure, your poop might be very dense, but you will not ever actually shit a brick. 2) You get to a point where frames stop impressing you – impossible to impress me with frames anymore.
Not that elitist

“Power is dead.” (Note the placement of this – 2:24) Power is about as dead as scenery. As long as there are people to execute power-focused tricks, it cannot, by definition “die”. It seems like most people discard the idea of power-tracks, because it is becoming increasingly difficult to keep up with. Powerful stacks are, in my opinion essential tools for intricate syncs. I fully believe we cannot use line rider as an art platform to its fullest potential before we have explored every aspect of the game (that being said, I don’t we will ever be able to use it to its fullest potential).
Is power dead? – no. Is it reaching its pinnacle? – 99%. Will it die? – Probably.

“Let's go further down the rabbit hole.” I want to spark an age of more ironic, less serious track making. Experiment with the form, be critical, and stop thinking of every release as a track and more of a work of art. This is difficult, especially because this is a game where people do stuff for fun. However, believe it or not, art is also fun.

Secondly, the track itself.

• In the beginning – slow flatsled - , I wanted it to be boring, with an unexpected change of pace. Friends have told me this is their favorite part. The part is easy to understand.

I use a lot of, what I think, are unconventional manuals throughout the track. I will ride the lines how I goddam please, and will not listen to your methods.

1:16 – Got’cha! I Prank’d ya, didn’t I?. Despite being unusual and unexpected, this transition comes naturally, and you just accept it.
    The contact juggling of this track are the most satirical elements of this track. It is untastefully added in a hurry everywhere. I am tracing some bizarre parts of Bosh and doing it poorly. Then there is that one place at 1:53. Overly done because yeah, that’s cool apparently.

I drew a lot of inspiration from Chugger’s “制限” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIVtHac7n-s). The track and presentation is hands down a masterpiece. WHY DIDN’T PEOPLE TALK MORE ABOUT THIS?

Reel flow - I should not have to say more. I almost did not keep this, because it is borderline rude.

The monument 2:11 . Well, every epic track needs a monument amirite?

The track goes super strong at 2:22. Stupidly powerful fling quirk. This part, despite being the one that stands out the most, I feel is one of the best satirical moments conveyed through track except for cluster fuck at 1:53

Thirdly, editing.... Uh, that is not the text, because I already wrote about that
Starting at 1:20-ish I start a recording of me whispering in the background. From that point on there is constant whispering in the background. The human ear will hardly notice it.
The syncs in the beginning (Color changing background) are all off-sync.
The song is by YOUNG LEAN. He makes meme music (I highly suggest looking him up, and listening to some of his sick tunes)

Final quips.
The underwhelming response was expected. I am writing this now, because maybe it will help people in the future view tracks as more than just line rider tracks.
The track is composed of satire, but also actual track making focused moments. This is, in my opinion, one of the more interesting aspects of the track as I saw it come together. The harmony between ironic track (not to be confused with bad track) and usual track. There are some slip-ups like the very intense part at the end.
I wanted to challenge people. To the ones of you who watched it twice and did their best to read the text: I salute you and thank you for your time.
anton
anton

cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:07 pm

I don't have the time to review this track, but now that I know what you wanted to do I can make a few points.
- Salute to you for trying something different. Keep doing that.
- I didn't get this track the first watch. Or the second watch. Or the third. Sure, I understood some references, but the track just felt like a bunch or random jokes and references put in one track (and it was). I was looking for an overarching theme. Instead of cluttering all your ideas and references together, you could've also divided the track up in sections (more discriminantly). Let's compare this to, say, Don't Worry We'll Keep In Touch. What gao could have done with his contact points concept is do a nose trick, then a spidey trick, then a tail trick and so on until he went past all the contact points and repeat. To the regular viewer however, this would make the track look like a normal track because he'd barely notice what Gao was actually doing - the pieces of the concept fly by too quickly. Because he divided each contact point in 10 second parts, the concept of the track became much clearer and more powerful.
- 1-second references don't come across. You need to exaggarate them to become clear to the audience.

That's all for now. I like the way you're going, and am excited to see what you'll come up with next.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:33 pm

^maybe the point is that we've gotten to a point where we can't even maintain a thought long enough in LR to make a track that pokes fun at how impossible it is to follow concepts in trackmaking these days (hence why I wanted to make contact juggling more popular)
This is a metaphysical satire on the aspect of "flying by wayy too fast to see anything" and the best part about it is how easy it was to miss that when it was right in front of your face

This track is pretty out there, but it's certainly not too hard to get. It's a very clever remark and a statement I can get with. The fact that the references went by too fast to see them unless you invest in it makes the jab all that much more effective.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next