We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round #3 - Poll #7

5 posters

Go down

Vote for up to 4 videos!

Round #3 - Poll #7 Vote_lcap10%Round #3 - Poll #7 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 6 ]
Round #3 - Poll #7 Vote_lcap7%Round #3 - Poll #7 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 4 ]
Round #3 - Poll #7 Vote_lcap7%Round #3 - Poll #7 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 4 ]
[ 6 ]
[ 6 ]
Round #3 - Poll #7 Vote_lcap20%Round #3 - Poll #7 Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 12 ]
Round #3 - Poll #7 Vote_lcap17%Round #3 - Poll #7 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 10 ]
Round #3 - Poll #7 Vote_lcap19%Round #3 - Poll #7 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 11 ]

Total Votes : 59

Poll closed

Round #3 - Poll #7 Empty Round #3 - Poll #7

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:38 pm

Vote for up to FOUR videos!

Four of these will be eliminated, the other four will move on to round 4!

Entries:

1. Wot
  2. Multiverse
  3. Type R
  4. Efflorescence
  5. Volatile
  6. Assault
  7. Incito Scaena
  8. Phunner

Rules:
- Watch all tracks before voting (if you've seen them before, a re-watch is recommended but not required)
- Please don't vote for yourself
Exception: You can vote for 'yourself' for large collabs (e.g. community scenery projects, clan projects, or LCC projects)
- No begging/bribing/duping or otherwise cheating
- We will not change your vote after you cast it - make sure it's accurate

Embedded videos:
Spoiler:
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Round #3 - Poll #7 Empty Re: Round #3 - Poll #7

Post by efrazable Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:01 pm

Voted for 2, guess.
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:41 pm

What I said last round:
Spoiler:
What I think after this round:
Wot - The first section of this track is easily the weakest part. Perhaps it helps defy our expectations with the later parts, but I think it could have been executed better. That said, the second half is brilliant, hilarious, and rock solid in execution, as well as one of the most brilliant usage of kramuals of all time and brilliant original music to cap it all off. Fav track this poll, again. √
Multiverse - Massive effort. But time spent =/= quality of track. To me, this is just another quirk, with sloppy transitions, sections of random length and no overall structure, a reliance on highspeed fling quirk, a terrible ending, and a completely unfitting song (though I belted out that melody along with Carrie on this watch through, lol) X
Type R - I like the flow but there's nothing that I see that really sets this track apart. X
Efflorescence - Some parts could have been executed better, and there's a lack of consistency across the whole thing, but there are some gorgeous moments and it matches the music better very well most of the time. Decided to toss it my 3rd vote this round. √
Volatile - This track is literally hard for me to watch, it just doesn't hold my attention. X
Assault - It's incoherent and there are plenty of weak spots, but this track really reaches for new heights and the result is something unlike anything else. Against this batch of tracks, GMV. √
Incito Scaena - Amount of detail =/= Quality of scenery!!! X
Phunner - I love the last 25% of this track so much, but it's hard for me to vote for it because the first 75% (almost 3 minutes of track) is pretty much just vaguely-interesting manuquirk. Not that Cereal should have done anything differently - I'm glad he made this just to have fun - but it is what it is and I decided not to vote for it this round. X

efrazable wrote:Voted for 2, guess.
Wot and Assault?
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:50 pm

Lots of good ones here.
Multiverse, Type R, Incito Sceana, Phunner

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:54 pm

Wot - I can't express how well-made this is, both the song and the track. My favourite part is actually the part after the kramuals. The way Bosh freezes after every impulse it gets and the fast, rotation-changing grolls are perfectly alligned with the music. Yessir.
Multiverse - I appreciated this track much more this time around. When the music was at a verse, this track was horrible to watch. But when the chorus was going, it was spectacular. The ending is even better and gives me chills, but then me and the awkward Kramwood last 3 seconds meet again. Not convinced on either side, so watching other tracks first and deciding after.
Type R - Nothing special, apart from the fact that this looked like a joy to make. No.
Efflorescence - Very entertaining, love the song. The track is very well constructed and I like how Inu thought about using the less skilled trackmakers to complement the track very well. Also keeping this in the middle.
Volatile - I will never understand how you can make slow-paced tracks look that cool. I was thinking other peoples' opinion influenced me into liking this, but after watching this again I know that's not the case. Leomur = beast. Yes.
Assault - Love this. The quirk at the start is insane, and even though the animation is quite random, it's well made and very enjoyable to watch. Yes, the ending is weak, but everything else is of maximum quality which makes this an easy yes.
Incito Scaena - I was thinking about how the track isn't cohesive and that this probably was a ridiculous track to scene, but then I saw this. It's probably because I'm not a scener myself, but I don't care that it isn't cohesive. The drawings throughout this track are amazing, and the fact there are so many of them makes it entertaining to watch. It's like a show of all kinds of different line-art, dipped in semi-abstract goodness. Yes.
Phunner - I love how this track goes from a creative and entertaining quirk to absolutely nuts. This track still boggles me mind, it has so many unpredictable elements! When the word "Phunner" came up at 1:39 I remember thinking "Why is it placed there?" and then BAM there is your answer right at the end. xD I also like the amount random moments throughout. The word 'recycle', the disappearance of some lines at 1:35, the scened flings at 2:40...
The Jagged Peak Adventure part is awesome! Love the resolution switch, the inwards riding at a crucial moment in the music at 3:39 and how Bosh goes through the rock that you'd think he go over. Then there's the aweosome anticlimax at 4:00, followed by the shark, some more random 'scened' lines at 4:22 and while you try to make sense of what you just saw Bosh goes through the entire track. Your head then explodes at the offsled hand fling, and then Cereal finishes it off brilliantly with the cliche back-on-the-sled editing. Damn, the more I wrote about this the more I started to think that this may just be my favourite track of the competition. Hell freaking yes!

Crap, that's 5 yesses.. Sorry then, Volatile. The other tracks in here are just too damn good. Insane poll!
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Commandercoke Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:52 pm

Of tracks in the last 3 or 4 years, Phunner is one of the few tracks that left an impression in my mind. Can't say much about the rest here. IS shows a lot of work, but not much pay-off in my opinion. I guess it gets my vote for now. Wot is fun.
Commandercoke
Commandercoke
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:49 pm

Assault, Phunner, and Incito Scaena advance. Wot, Efflorescence, and Volatile enter into a tiebreaker poll from which only one will advance.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: