We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The slow death of Linerider.fr

4 posters

Go down

The slow death of Linerider.fr Empty The slow death of Linerider.fr

Post by Noname219 Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:38 am

Hi, just to let you know that in the past weeks, the server on Linerider.fr has decided to act all crazy and has nuked a portion of forum posts (the painful part) and a good bunch of links have been deprecated for a long time. It seems like the video section was left untouched by this. I believe this might be caused by aging hardware, will need confirmation but that seems to me like the most plausible explanation. I'm waiting a response from ravalum (main admin and owner) to see if have any backup available.

If not, that might sign the death of another LR community. I will keep you informed of any developments. Cheers.

edit : ohshi- if someone could move this thread to WRTL Center kthx!
Noname219
Noname219

http://www.linerider.fr/

Back to top Go down

The slow death of Linerider.fr Empty Re: The slow death of Linerider.fr

Post by OTDE Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:47 am

You've come here at a fairly good time-- rabid appears to have already archived the videos of many notable french riders. Looks like you've found that thread already.

Let us know if there's anything you need, though I don't think there's much we can do here. Still, you're always welcome here! Smile

Noname219 wrote:edit : ohshi- if someone could move this thread to WRTL Center kthx!

yep yep. done!
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Community Pick: Braggadocio

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:37 pm

I'm sure there are plenty of us who could help to archive fr.
Can you be a little bit more specific as to what we can do for you? I suggest archiving the site HERE.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by Noname219 Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:01 pm

Thanks guys, I'll need to write a plan first to know what parts of the site will need to be saved. The first step is to get a response from ravalum if it's possible to rollback a previous backup*, and see if we can restore things as they were before.

*Just checking it now, they are only 2 backups I have access (jeez), but it's probably better than nothing. I tried to make a backup myself but the widget looks broken.

If that doesn't work, I'll write which sections, and which data/information needs to be saved, in the state they are. For now, you can check if you have a copy of any collab with a french rider (there's probably, maybe 10-12 collabs total, but that is a start).
Noname219
Noname219

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:18 pm

Noname219 wrote:If that doesn't work, I'll write which sections, and which data/information needs to be saved, in the state they are. For now, you can check if you have a copy of any collab with a french rider (there's probably, maybe 10-12 collabs total, but that is a start).
I don't quite understand why you want the names of these collabs (they're not going off youtube anytime soon) but here's a list of french+english collabs I've downloaded:
- Reckless Riding by aspi & kcbm
- TOCC by rafael & kcbm
- oXYgen by LineBuster & Ram Tzu
- IRTL & FR COLLAB Preview - namtlade, tit7611, crazyjade, ZNF, joona, Eachare, Moizut, Rembrandt
- Lost Valley by LineBenji and... someone from this community xD
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Noname219 Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:29 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:
Noname219 wrote:If that doesn't work, I'll write which sections, and which data/information needs to be saved, in the state they are. For now, you can check if you have a copy of any collab with a french rider (there's probably, maybe 10-12 collabs total, but that is a start).
I don't quite understand why you want the names of these collabs (they're not going off youtube anytime soon) but here's a list of french+english collabs I've downloaded:
- Reckless Riding by aspi & kcbm
- TOCC by rafael & kcbm
- oXYgen by LineBuster & Ram Tzu
- IRTL & FR COLLAB Preview - namtlade, tit7611, crazyjade, ZNF, joona, Eachare, Moizut, Rembrandt
- Lost Valley by LineBenji and... someone from this community xD

Oh I meant any savedlines.sol if we can find any. Or videos at the very least. If you have them all, that should be alright.
Noname219
Noname219

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down