We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A dream I had

+4
roflmaoqwerty
Rafael
Z_N-Freak
rabid squirrel
8 posters

Go down

A dream I had Empty A dream I had

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:35 am

So it's 5 AM.

I just had a dream about WRTL. The dream was, I was in Minneapolis (where I will be moving in like 2 weeks) and for some reason I was visiting there with my parents and we were traveling back to Duluth on July 4th. And for some reason there were several WRTL people in Minneapolis and I was like hey, I'm an adult, I don't have to travel back with my parents. I'm gonna have a get together with the local WRTL people and watch the fireworks that night and then catch the shuttle home the next day. And for some reason @efrazable had done a PotD about where we should watch the fireworks from, and the Walker Art Center was the winner
http://cdn2.walkerartcenter.org/static/cache/b1/b1ad0c25c9f202da36f0105ea0c32ba9.jpg
so I went over there while my parents were traveling back to Duluth to check it out, and for some reason the building was like a giant dome and it was right on the shore of the Mississippi (which it's actually not lol) where the fireworks were gonna be and most of the ceiling was glass and there was this walkway way up high right by the glass ceiling and I reserved like a table for 8 people and it was like, hell yeah this is a great spot to watch the fireworks. And then I woke up.

And it's 5 AM and I was just lying there, and like, I am SO EXCITED about this place. We have some big changes coming. LRA is like, an actual thing that exists and works. Music sync is now more possible than ever and LRA has that as a built in feature. We no longer have to split scenery tracks because lag is no longer an issue. Live scrubbing is a thing and live feedback is a thing which means no more "I accidentally deleted a flag" or "I have to watch this to test the recycle" or "damn it I marked that flag too late". LineOnline is like, coming along amazingly well. Like, if you haven't checked out the core of Conun's engine, do it because it's kickass and it's beta 2 compatible.

And I'm ready to take this next step with y'all. I've been a bit petty from time to time in recent months, and I am aware of that. I've been a bit quick to anger at times, and I am aware of that too. And I'm ready to put all that behind me, and move forward, and see what awesome stuff we can create. And even if this community never grows, and we just remain the same couple dozen people, it'll still all be worth it. Recent tragedy has shown me that we really do care about each other and we are all really great people at heart (even the people who are still mad at me), and it has also shown me that I've been too focused on things that annoy me about individuals to see the bigger picture of what's really important - which is that we are this really great community and we make really amazing stuff. And I know that some people will continue to dislike me, and some people will continue to say lots of things they don't really mean, and some people will continue to troll me, but I also know that that is small potatoes compared to what is really important - the art we make, the relationships we form, and the lives we touch.

So here's to me hopefully being a better admin, as well as a better member of this site, going forward. Thanks for reading.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

A dream I had Empty Re: A dream I had

Post by Z_N-Freak Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:15 am

Awesome dream, great post. It's a worthwhile read. Cheers to you dude!
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:18 am

<3
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by roflmaoqwerty Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:44 am

Oh my god this is why we're such a kickass community with such great leadership. I loved reading this, and yeah, I'm totally with you on whatever next step you feel like taking. Here's to us Very Happy
roflmaoqwerty
roflmaoqwerty

Dreadnips are amazing goddamn

https://www.youtube.com/user/SujiNoriteLR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:59 am

I had a dream about wrtl as well, you changed LineMagix's name to .BOO. Among other things...
LineCon must be a thing this a prophecy. :|
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:00 pm

I had a dream about Line Rider last night as well. Lukking had sent me the new .sol for his track to record and edit, and it was super stacked. Like, on the level of hax physics, with 200 lines per stack and it was at insanely high speeds. I thought "my god, lukking has changed the quirk game for good..." Then I woke up.

I tend to get really mad internally when people here argue. I tend to get mad at the fact that people are arguing. But I think, thanks to this post, I realized that we're all just people that love line rider that want to make their voices heard, and as long as I know that, I know we have a strong community that I'm grateful to for taking me in at a young age.

Honestly, my editing so many videos is my way of saying that. It's my way of doing what I can to help a community that's helped me, and because of you guys, it has never felt like a chore. Smile

Love y'all, stay rad.

Last edited by OTDE on Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Community Pick: Braggadocio

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:18 pm

I had a dream last night about a LineCon where over 6 dozen people attended (we had 80 people!!!) and I gave an actual seminar on "Quirk in a nutshell: What it is, how it happens, where we can go with it"
and Sheldon gave a seminar on the future of the game and Conun gave one on the code itself. We were all very entertaining!!!

Rabid, this post inspired the shit out of me. We really DO live in an incredibly exciting time, do we not? Very Happy
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:26 pm

I've had dreams involving WRTL, but none too specific to mention. And I suppose I host the PotD enough that I was naturally the PotD maker for your dream xD

Side note: the fireworks in Minneapolis are amazeballs.
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum