.boo

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: .boo

Post by CamQuartr on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:51 pm

I haven't posted on here in almost a year but I came back when I heard the news. I just wanted to say that he was not only a talented artist, but a great friend as well. Although our friendship has faded as my inactivity with this site has increased I had the pleasure of having once getting to know him really well, having many IM conversations, and even once or twice collaborating. This is devastating and my prayers go out to his family and loved ones. RIP buddy, you will be missed

CamQuartr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Commandercoke on Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:45 pm

I wish I had talked to him more often over the past couple years, but he was once somebody I talked to on a daily basis. I remember staying up late on summer nights chatting with boo, sum, and cam. I'm going to miss those conversations. And of all the people here, he seemed the most genuinely excited about the projects everyone was working on.
Goodbye boo. I'll miss ya mucho.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yobanjojoe on Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:48 pm

From the several chats I had with him on the livestream I could tell he was a really laid-back and chilled sorta guy. We had quite a lot in common and it severely upset me when I heard the news. All the best wishes to his friends and family, RIP boo.

Yobanjojoe

swag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostY on Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:16 am

i'm on the same page as CC, i remember signing into msn and it would either be .boo or cam would message me instantly. I remember our first conversation actually, it was about how his name was magiX and i was ghostY, and we were going to make an xy collab called just "magiX ghostY" i think we actually did start one but this was yeeeaaars ago and is 100% guarenteed gone.

this sucks so much, he'll be missed greatly <3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirobi on Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:19 pm

I faded out of the community a few years back, but I had to come back to pay my respects. .boo was a friend, and you never expect to hear this sort of news about a friend, particularly not one of his age. I hope his friends and family and everyone who was close to him are able to find some measure of comfort to help them through this tough time.

Rest in peace, buddy.
Nirobi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael on Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:21 pm

Some beautiful words Smile I'll be sure to include many quotes in the post, which I'll make and post here tomorrow!
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit on Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:36 pm

Genuinely one of the most chilled out, relaxed and positive people I've had the pleasure to talk to and get to know. Some honestly devastating news, never expect anything like this to happen to someone so young. He was a wonderful person and it's so touching to see how, eventhough we've never met him, he's impacted all our lives in some positive way.

You're going to be missed so much .boo, I hope all his family and friends will be able to get through a time as difficult as this.

H4M W4Z H3R3
Sig by Lankher 'cos he is...Banned [ ] Not Banned [x]
I believe in magic.

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE on Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:11 pm

.boo, unsurprisingly, was someone I looked up to in my early days. He made a video of a stall of his at one point, called .stall, and I made a video with the same name and music, with an entirely less impressive stall. I learned my first alt fling through his tutorial. Early on, I think my most-watched track was Ghost Sessions. I think, though I may have not realized it earlier on, I owe a lot of what I've done as a trackmaker to my reverence of .boo's skills in my early years.

.boo was a really great person to bounce ideas off of. He would offer you advice, talk about Line Rider, or even just straight up shoot the shit with you. He didn't always get along with everyone all the time, but what really stuck with me was that he was always, unabashedly himself, and that's something about him I'm going to miss dearly.

Godspeed, .boo. I'm gonna miss the raw creativity you had, and I'm gonna do my best to make Shapeshifter and Olyxmpus present as well as you would have wanted.

Administrator

the postham mindset

Community Pick: Braggadocio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael on Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:48 am

Spoiler:
Dear friends and family,

This may not be known to all of you, but Sean was a member of an online community of Line Rider enthusiasts, called We Ride The Lines. Line Rider is basically a flash game where you draw lines and you let a guy on a sled ride them. This simple idea has evolved into an artistic medium with a wide community of creative Line Rider players. Sean (or as we know him, LineMagiX or .boo) was very loved within the community. Kind, ambitious and hilarious were words that suit him. Sean looked into the world with a smile, never lost his temper and was always genuinely interested in others. Even though none of us have seen him in real life, he's inspired and influenced many of us. Now we too have to miss him, and it feels like a piece of our community has broken off.

One thing we can remember Sean by is his collection of Line Rider tracks. Apart from his personality, he was also loved for his amazing talent in Line Rider, inspiring many with his work. He is considered the "King of XY", a style in Line Rider where only vertical and horizontal lines are used. His two most notorious tracks are Nocturnal and Gone, the links of which are available below. Sean has one more track to release, and we as a community have decided to make a tribute video to him, which we'll post here when finished. For now, please enjoy Sean's work, and know that he will be remembered by many people, all over the world.

Our condolences to all friends and family of Sean, we hope you appreciate this post.
- The We Ride The Lines community

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ULN9WRTpVU - Sean's channel promo and his only video with himself talking on it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAB7ReejQJc - Nocturnal, his most celebrated XY track
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqFQnaRqIPg - Gone, his longest track. The name gives a different feel than it used to.

Some quotes about Sean, all from different people:

"Boo was one of the realest guys I knew. Sean may no longer be here, but Boo is immortal.
The King of XY is dead; long live the King."
- roflmaoqwerty

"I knew him for some years back when I played LR and I have to say that he was definitely one of the best people that this community had to offer. I would talk to him as much as I could since he'd always brighten my mood. My condolences to his family and better friends."
- StingDaFling

"I didn't talk to Sean much, but he was a huge inspiration to me. He talked me out of hating one of my tracks and I finished it because he believed in me. He was very nice every time I saw him around here, and it saddens me that the community has lost such a loved member. "
- shua

"Boo wasn't just another valued player or a good trackmaker, he stood out in everything he did. His friendship was unmatched, and he was often pressed for time simply because of how much he took out of his day to be a friend to anybody he felt might need it, whether it be here at WRTL or in real life. I never met the dude, but I feel like I've lost a life-long friend. I've only heard his voice personally one time through skype, but his voice rings true immortally in his tracks. Boo changed my life. He was an inspiration to us all."
- DapianoKid

"I'd always respected and liked Boo, but it wasn't until the past few years that I really got to know him. We had a very similar vision on how to play Line Rider, and could talk about the game forever. You were one of the few people on this site I felt truly understood me, and I'm thankful for the time I've been able to spend talking with you. I'll miss you buddy."
- Rafael

"I just can't believe that he's gone. We loved the same music, had the same humor, and enjoyed each others' work.  But he's gone now, and when someone that great and big enters your life, a similar sized hole is left in it when they leave.  He was a great person, a wonderful friend, and he will be missed dearly."
- SplashZone

"Man. I'm so upset. I loved boo's work; he's always seemed like a creative and ambitious guy. I'm gonna miss him. Boo was one of the great members that made this place special."
- ACwazHere

"I actually can't believe this. Boo was the first real friend I made on this site so many years ago while we were both in middle school. I didn't have many friends back in those years, but I could always look forward to coming home and chatting up this goober. I'm actually in tears right now. This guy was literally a brother to me."
- Summoning

"I haven't posted on here in almost a year but I came back when I heard the news. I just wanted to say that he was not only a talented artist, but a great friend as well. Although our friendship has faded as my inactivity with this site increased I had the pleasure of having once getting to know him really well, having many IM conversations, and even once or twice collaborating. This is devastating and my prayers go out to his family and loved ones. RIP buddy, you will be missed."
- CamQuartr

"I wish I had talked to him more often over the past couple years, but he was once somebody I talked to on a daily basis. I remember staying up late on summer nights chatting with boo, summoning, and camquartr. I'm going to miss those conversations. And of all the people here, he seemed the most genuinely excited about the projects everyone was working on.
Goodbye boo. I'll miss ya mucho."
- Commandercoke

"I remember signing into msn and it would either be .boo or cam would message me instantly. I remember our first conversation actually, it was about how his name was magiX and i was ghostY, and we were going to make an xy collab called just "magiX ghostY".
This sucks so much, he'll be missed greatly."
- GhostY

"I faded out of the community a few years back, but I had to come back to pay my respects. .boo was a friend, and you never expect to hear this sort of news about a friend, particularly not one of his age. I hope his friends and family and everyone who was close to him are able to find some measure of comfort to help them through this tough time.
Rest in peace, buddy."
- Nirobi

"Genuinely one of the most chilled out, relaxed and positive people I've had the pleasure to talk to and get to know. Some honestly devastating news, never expect anything like this to happen to someone so young. He was a wonderful person and it's so touching to see how, eventhough we've never met him, he's impacted all our lives in some positive way.
You're going to be missed so much .boo, I hope all his family and friends will be able to get through a time as difficult as this."
- Wolf_Spirit

".boo, unsurprisingly, was someone I looked up to in my early days. He made a video of a stall of his at one point, called .stall, and I made a video with the same name and music, with an entirely less impressive stall. I learned my first alt fling through his tutorial. Early on, I think my most-watched track was his Ghost Sessions. I think, though I may have not realized it earlier on, I owe a lot of what I've done as a track maker to my reverence of .boo's skills in my early years.
.boo was a really great person to bounce ideas off of. He would offer you advice, talk about Line Rider, or even just straight up shoot the shit with you. He didn't always get along with everyone all the time, but what really stuck with me was that he was always, unabashedly himself, and that's something about him I'm going to miss dearly."
- OffTheDeepEnd
I decided to make the quotes anonymous, because of some of our ridiculous usernames (I'm looking at you, rofl Suspicious) and the fact that it doesn't really matter who said what, all that matters is what is said about boo.
EDIT: Actually, names with the post will do nicely. Relatives might know some of the names. Edited the post.

I'll post this in later today, if someone thinks it's better to add or change something, please say so.

Also, where's that thread where everybody described Line Rider in one sentence? I feel my description right now isn't good enough.

Last edited by Rafael on Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:58 pm; edited 6 times in total
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by roflmaoqwerty on Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:05 pm

@Rafael wrote:because some of our ridiculous usernames (I'm looking at you, rofl Suspicious)
YES MY MASTER RUSE TO COME UP WITH THE MOST RIDICULOUS NAME OF ALL TIME HAS COME TO FRUITION

In all seriousness though, this is extremely well written and is as good a tribute as we can offer here at WRtL. Thanks so much for putting this together.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノSLAM YOUR JAMヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

MY NIGGA RYU ALWAYS OUT HERE. THAT NIGGA COLD ASF I FUCKS WIT RYU CUS THAT NIGGA RYU SLICK
roflmaoqwerty

Dreadnips are amazing goddamn

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/SujiNoriteLR

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus on Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:38 pm

Rafael, this is moving beyond words..or maybe exactly as much as words can be moving...?
I think our usernames were fine...
God this is amazing.

Interior Crocodile Alligator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple on Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:46 pm

I'm glad we could honor him out in the real world. Thanks for doing that, Rafael.
Apple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:58 pm

@Rafael wrote:Also, where's that thread where everybody described Line Rider in one sentence? I feel my description right now isn't good enough.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrO1SiRe0qA
this comes to mind
this thread was the origin
http://iridethelines.forumotion.com/t4537-what-are-words-that-discribe-line-rider-in-general
this is probably the thread you are thinking of http://iridethelines.forumotion.com/t10681-describe-what-we-do

My Twitter | My Tumblr | My Twitch
(You can also follow my patreon and see all public posts completely for free)
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy guy round here

3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael on Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:04 pm

@rabid squirrel wrote:
@Rafael wrote:Also, where's that thread where everybody described Line Rider in one sentence? I feel my description right now isn't good enough.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrO1SiRe0qA
this comes to mind
this thread was the origin
http://iridethelines.forumotion.com/t4537-what-are-words-that-discribe-line-rider-in-general
this is probably the thread you are thinking of http://iridethelines.forumotion.com/t10681-describe-what-we-do
Thanks. Coming to think of it, I might keep this explanation :P

I messaged Hedge to see if he has some words, since Boo and Hedge were close. If anyone else wants to say something, do it quickly.
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable on Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:11 pm

I had my post about him in the OP of the thread. You can get it from there. Smile

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE on Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:05 pm

Rafael, thank you for this.

In other news, Olyxmpus will be out by the end of today on irtltube. Changeling will also be out, once Splash uploads it.

I'd like to mention how heartwarming it is that this community has come together so well to pay their respects to .boo. I know he'd appreciate all you've all done. I love y'all so much.

Administrator

the postham mindset

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gaoyubao on Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:02 pm

Thank you very much for having written this, Rafael. The one thing is, are the tracks he made 'notorious' (second paragraph, about Nocturnal and Gone)? I don't know if that's the right word... maybe 'influential' is better.

Contest Winner: XL Contest
1st place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.visitgaomali.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 on Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:29 pm

Well, I'm a bit late to the news... I didn't realize what had happened but I was starting to get suspicious and wasn't hoping that my suspicions weren't correct. I am one person who never really talked to him much other than a few chats, but I was deeply moved by the news and my heart dropped instantly. I'm a little choked up right now as I type. He was a true influence and great friend to many here.

<----- I wanted to be worthy of LCC. At least hedge believed in me.
@Hedgehogs4Me wrote:I can see you becoming known as one of the best riders of 2012.
theacp127

1st place in best newb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale on Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:10 am

Gonna miss you man.
Votale

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale on Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:23 am

^We can't see it because of facebook privacy. If you could screenshot it that'd be sweet.
Votale

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael on Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:28 am

I think you can't because you've got no related friends to boo :P Add me on Facebook!
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 on Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:19 pm

<----- I wanted to be worthy of LCC. At least hedge believed in me.
@Hedgehogs4Me wrote:I can see you becoming known as one of the best riders of 2012.
theacp127

1st place in best newb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael on Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:19 pm

Some reactions.. Smile

Spoiler:
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ph0enix on Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:47 pm

I normally don't visit this site much, but after reading about a death in the community I had to come back and pay my respects; I never really got to know .boo, but that doesn't mean I won't miss him.

So sad to see him go...Sad

Ph0enix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum