We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abstract Tumbling 4 - Scat - SCG

+3
Opal Rider
OTDE
SethComposerGuy
7 posters

Go down

Abstract Tumbling 4 - Scat - SCG Empty Abstract Tumbling 4 - Scat - SCG

Post by SethComposerGuy Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:20 pm

So I decided to mess around with line boosting and this is the result. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m-kop-CLZ4
SethComposerGuy
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Abstract Tumbling 4 - Scat - SCG Empty Re: Abstract Tumbling 4 - Scat - SCG

Post by OTDE Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:44 pm

This is sooo weird and I love it.
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Community Pick: Braggadocio

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:09 pm

It definitely has originality points, and as someone who's always been on the side of playing around with multi lining, this tickles my pickle. But at the same time, the curves feel so rushed, and not very clean at all, which feels weird to be saying to someone who's been playing the game for as long as you have. Take your time with those stuff, the rules of regular manuals also apply to multi lined ones. The more lines make up the curve, the easier it is to balance. And likewise, the more crazy unbalanced stuff you can do with them.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:24 pm

That song gave me such strong anomaly vibes it actually distracted me from the track a bit.

That said, some of my favorite tracks are your abstract tumbling tracks, and this is no exception. Great stuff.
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:48 pm

Opal Rider wrote:It definitely has originality points, and as someone who's always been on the side of playing around with multi lining, this tickles my pickle. But at the same time, the curves feel so rushed, and not very clean at all, which feels weird to be saying to someone who's been playing the game for as long as you have. Take your time with those stuff, the rules of regular manuals also apply to multi lined ones. The more lines make up the curve, the easier it is to balance. And likewise, the more crazy unbalanced stuff you can do with them.

I disagree with this. I think the more sharp and jagged the lines are when theyre stacked the cooler it looks. They dont have to be smooth and curvy to do cool flips and unbalanced stuff.

Then again theres no right or wrong way to make a track. Do whatever. Who cares.

Cool thingy seth. Id like to see more cool flippy stuff and things like this and sharp turns and directiobal changes.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by gaoyubao Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:11 am

That one part where bosh is so lost haha
gaoyubao
gaoyubao
Line Rider Legend

Contest Winner: XL Contest
1st place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.visitgaomali.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by SethComposerGuy Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:40 am

OTDE wrote:This is sooo weird and I love it.

Thanks. This was a lot of fun to make and think this style of line boosting has a lot of potential.

Opal Rider wrote:It definitely has originality points, and as someone who's always been on the side of playing around with multi lining, this tickles my pickle. But at the same time, the curves feel so rushed, and not very clean at all, which feels weird to be saying to someone who's been playing the game for as long as you have. Take your time with those stuff, the rules of regular manuals also apply to multi lined ones. The more lines make up the curve, the easier it is to balance. And likewise, the more crazy unbalanced stuff you can do with them.

To be honest, I feel like the idea that all manual based tracks need to have good looking smooth curves in order to be good is very limiting to the creativity of what can be done in a manual based track, especially when it comes to line boosting. For example, there are quite a few spots in this track where I got bosh spinning to the point where he'd launch himself off the line, and the only way I'd be able to keep him spinning like that would be to off set the next line or create a sharp angle.For me to continue with a smooth even curve after he 'jumps' off the line, he'd miss several lines causing the rate of his spinning to slow down.
HG42 wrote:That song gave me such strong anomaly vibes it actually distracted me from the track a bit.

That said, some of my favorite tracks are your abstract tumbling tracks, and this is no exception. Great stuff.

Thanks. I enjoy thinking outside the box from time to time Smile

FreakingKoalaMan wrote:

I disagree with this. I think the more sharp and jagged the lines are when theyre stacked the cooler it looks. They dont have to be smooth and curvy to do cool flips and unbalanced stuff.

Then again theres no right or wrong way to make a track. Do whatever. Who cares.

Cool thingy seth. Id like to see more cool flippy stuff and things like this and sharp turns and directiobal changes.

Thanks, and I agree. I'll even go so far to say that there are certain manual tricks that would be near impossible to pull off if you limit yourself to using only nice smooth curves.
Also, I think I do want to play around with this a bit more.

gaoyubao wrote:That one part where bosh is so lost haha
lol, ya, he second guessed himself whether he wanted to take that path or not.
SethComposerGuy
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:02 am

I'm sorry, but I immediately loved this track the instant I heard CP.
Also, thank you for the shoutout Smile
This has such a killer vibe. It's smooth, but stop'n'go. How?! Also, I was wondering wtf was up with these massive stacks, but found out they didn't really do anything but I thought they were clever. Some of them didn't even look like stacks, but if that's a tip of the hat to somebody, I'll just turn my head now. :P
Also, incredibly well centralized. I ADORE centralized tracks and the scenery added to that effect. Bouncing him around between sides of the track and having that sense of movement but not linear movement made this really entertaining.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum