We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Line Rider: Advanced alpha r1.51 [December 30] Line Properties

+32
Yobanjojoe
mmtunligit
TeamBlast
efrazable
roflmaoqwerty
Rie
Lukking
ACwazHere
Rafael
Fauxfyre
iPi
Chuggers
anton
BenWubbleyou
SethComposerGuy
Conundrumer
theacp127
TheRevTastic
LineMagiX
Snooze
Wolf_Spirit
rabid squirrel
Z_N-Freak
Helios Pavonine
Sheldon
gaoyubao
OTDE
ScrungleBlumpkus
hypothet
Apple
Wizzy
JealousCloud
36 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Line Rider: Advanced alpha r1.51 [December 30] Line Properties Empty Line Rider: Advanced alpha r1.51 [December 30] Line Properties

Post by JealousCloud Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:39 pm

Line Rider advanced is a project I've been working on a few months. It's written from scratch, supports beta 6.2 physics, supports .sol file loading. Read the included help document for more on the added features.
The game is only in alpha, and likely to include bugs. It'd help me greatly if you could leave any bug reports in this thread with instructions on how to reproduce the bug.

It's supports mac osx and linux using the Mono Framework. I've only tested on a local copy of Linux Mint, however. so any issues I'd love to know of.

To track makers: At any point of updating, future versions are intended to be backwards compatible with all lr:a tracks.

Known issues:
Audio device changes aren't handled well, like unplugging you default audio device.
Issues with Retina displays?

Download:

Line Rider: Advanced alpha r1.51 Runs on Windows, Linux, Mac OSX.
Mac app pack here
Windows users may need .NET framework 4 client profile. Try this if you cannot start the game.

Mac/linux users: Due to the fact mp3 still requires paying royalties to license, in order to music sync you will have to convert to another format, ideally wav.

Screenshot
http://puu.sh/j5EUL/da0f6a6689.png

Patch Notes:

1.51:
1.5:
1.42:
1.3:

Patreon:

If you have an overflowing amount of money and feel like supporting this project, my patreon page is available here:
https://www.patreon.com/linerider_advanced

Last edited by JealousCloud on Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:17 am; edited 32 times in total
JealousCloud
JealousCloud

see you, space cowboy...

Back to top Go down

Line Rider: Advanced alpha r1.51 [December 30] Line Properties Empty Re: Line Rider: Advanced alpha r1.51 [December 30] Line Properties

Post by Wizzy Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:49 pm

holy crap thats awesome
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Line Rider: Advanced alpha r1.51 [December 30] Line Properties Empty Re: Line Rider: Advanced alpha r1.51 [December 30] Line Properties

Post by Apple Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:32 pm

Yeah, that adds quite a few more features than I would have expected. This is really cool.
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:25 pm

I see that PsychoPass mp3...
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:57 pm

WHY WASNT I NOTIFIED

Can you please add like... every single feature kevans also has
because then this would be perfect
also info on zoom levels would be nice
shut sols are already working
this is through the roof
I'm getting ahead of myself due to excitement, I should probably chill and let the rev do his thang. You are god.

Last edited by Dapianokid on Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:02 pm

How's lag?
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Community Pick: Braggadocio

Back to top Go down

Post by gaoyubao Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:09 pm

That is amazing. I love the new features! I can't believe it's backwards-compatible!
gaoyubao
gaoyubao
Line Rider Legend

Contest Winner: XL Contest
1st place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.visitgaomali.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:58 pm

Just an idea on how to better organize options:

Organize options by tool/feature. If it's related to the pencil tool, you right click on the pencil tool and play with its settings. If you want to do something with the color green, you right click on that. Play, saving, editing, flagging, moving--all covered. Also very intuitive. If you add features, you won't have to mess with organization much at all.
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:13 am

Playback would be camera tools and slowmo, etc. and editing tools would be pencil
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by JealousCloud Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:19 am

I appreciate the input from all of you, but most of the things you're mentioning have already been considered and often times actually done.
Most of the things in Kevans builds are included in my build, some aren't yet but planned, some might be intentionally left out. It depends on how I judge it. A lot of features were not properly shown off, I'll list them all off on release as I intend to include a help document.

The game is indeed low lag, especially compared to the flash version.
Zoom level is already indicated by a slide control.
JealousCloud
JealousCloud

see you, space cowboy...

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:28 am

LoneVampire wrote:I appreciate the input from all of you, but most of the things you're mentioning have already been considered and often times actually done.
Most of the things in Kevans builds are included in my build, some aren't yet but planned, some might be intentionally left out. It depends on how I judge it. A lot of features were not properly shown off, I'll list them all off on release as I intend to include a help document.

The game is indeed low lag, especially compared to the flash version.
Zoom level is already indicated by a slide control.

Okay! What about if you need a specific zoom for something like, say, scenery framing?
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Back to top Go down

Post by JealousCloud Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:29 am

Is a thing. Assuming you mean playback zoom. If you want to see the actual number for editor zoom I could show a tooltip on the slider. I'm not sure if it's necessary though. Thoughts?

Last edited by LoneVampire on Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
JealousCloud
JealousCloud

see you, space cowboy...

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:44 am

when is it gonna be available?
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:01 am

i didnt expect this to be this good holy mily
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:48 am

NO WAY
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:11 am

Wow, Lukking, so many unused lines Neutral
Haha, just kidding man (I love that track)

This looks beast, I can't wait to try it out, especially considering the music sync & low lag. That's all I ever wanted aside from the already existing flag & slow-mo features.

Great stuff, amazing, scrumptious, delicious, far out, mind blowing, exciting, are a few of the words that come to mind
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:47 pm

damn I need some time to process this. But I am certainly hyped.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:32 am

Bloody hell...
Seriously cannot wait for this!
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snooze Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:24 pm

I'm all about this. Especially the music sync. As soon as this is out, I might get back into starting a new project.
Snooze
Snooze

Back to top Go down

Post by LineMagiX Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:24 pm

Snooze wrote:As soon as this is out, I might get back into starting a new project.

Lonerocketvampire, please hurry!! :O

just kiddin. take your time :p
LineMagiX
LineMagiX

The ghost of LR

Back to top Go down

Post by Snooze Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:05 am

Well, I said that because I started to make a track a few weeks ago and was planning a song sync, and well, it was a pain in the ass. Also with my current job that I'm about to quit, I have zero time to take on a track. I work like 12-15 hours a day 5 days a week. So hopefully this will be out by the time I escape from the plantation I'm enslaved at!
Snooze
Snooze

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:03 pm

As for how necessary it is to include information like tool-tips, I warn you now that what you think is necessary versus what actually is will make itself abundantly clear as time goes on. The angle tool, the line length information, etc.

I noticed we can drag both ends of a LINE AGHHHHH

After I have played around a bit, I may make a post thing about feature requests but I don't intend to drown you in your own PERSONAL project. You haven't opened yourself to the masses just yet. But do know how sought after this shit is.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by JealousCloud Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:54 pm

As an update: I got the issue I had with cross platform audio fixed; I still have to deal with an unusual big with retina displays though. I also decided that there was something off about how I made the editor work, and so I'm looking into making it cleaner.
JealousCloud
JealousCloud

see you, space cowboy...

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:48 am

LoneVampire wrote:As an update: I got the issue I had with cross platform audio fixed; I still have to deal with an unusual big with retina displays though. I also decided that there was something off about how I made the editor work, and so I'm looking into making it cleaner.

Are you talking about the code you used to make the editor or the arrangement of the editor itself?
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Back to top Go down

Post by JealousCloud Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:38 am

OTDE wrote:
LoneVampire wrote:As an update: I got the issue I had with cross platform audio fixed; I still have to deal with an unusual big with retina displays though. I also decided that there was something off about how I made the editor work, and so I'm looking into making it cleaner.

Are you talking about the code you used to make the editor or the arrangement of the editor itself?
Basically how the user interacts with the editor. Not a major overhaul, or anything, but I'm battling with scrubbing right now and how it works with flags, etc.
JealousCloud
JealousCloud

see you, space cowboy...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next