The use of Power menu for animation scenery

Go down

The use of Power menu for animation scenery

Post by SethComposerGuy on Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:11 am

From what I hear (from the discussion with Rabid Squirrel on the Sunday broadcast) Power Menu is an application that allows you to make the flash player somewhat transparent making it possible to trace. This obviously makes it somewhat taboo in the normal scenery projects because what you're tracing doesn't really represent your skill as in artist, However people seem to be a little more lenient these days, depending on what it is you're tracing and to what extent.

However, after thinking about it a bit more I can really see this application being a very useful tool for creating animation scenery. One good example is this application could make it possible fore someone to create guidelines in paint to give you an easy frame by frame reference point for increased consistency. For example: had I known about this program earlier, I could have drawn a couple horizontal lines in paint and use that as a guide for creating the animated stick figure instead having to draw a bunch of temporary guide lines on the track itself saving me a good bit of time in the process.

That's all I have right now, but it would be cool to hear some other peoples thoughts in this matter.

clock for animated stereogram fun:

New rabid Squirrel challenge: archive all lr videos available before their creators deletes them. Shocked
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The use of Power menu for animation scenery

Post by JealousCloud on Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:44 am

I think the concept of any tool being taboo is ridiculous if it is in the name of art. If you think there's a super awesome thing you can put into a line rider track but aren't artistically talented enough to actually add it, that shouldn't limit you from being able to express your ideas if there's anything you can do about it.
JealousCloud

see you, space cowboy...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:09 am

^ I agree. But to provide some context, the reason it was somewhat taboo is because people would find a piece of clipart on the internet and then directly trace it into line rider and enter that into line art of the week and win. More of a way to get a trophy easily than a tool for making art.

My Twitter | My Tumblr | My Twitch | My Facebook Page | My Instagram
(You can also follow my patreon and see all public posts completely for free)
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy guy round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking on Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:16 am

I also think you can use whatever you want. Its like not using the timer to synch.

@Cereal wrote:I have a strange feeling like you'll make tracks again sometime (since that's what happens to 95% of people who quit like this), but I could be wrong.

You were right.
Lukking

Community Pick: SYTYKC
4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iPi on Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:23 am

I made this animation by using Powermenu and tracing a drawing I made in MS paint:

At the time (2010), there was no frame forward, so it took me 4 hours to line every frame up perfectly. I can only imagine what's possible now.

EDIT: For the heck of it, I actually found the thread which caused me to make it. The links don't work anymore though, but you can read through the thread: http://iridethelines.forumotion.com/t2825p25-would-it-be-possible#49481
iPi

Manualologist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer on Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:03 pm

Already onto it. Not animation but PowerMenu'd (well, the OSX equivalent): http://iridethelines.forumotion.com/t11119-topic
Go ahead and do it. Standalone monuments are starting to become dated anyways Wink (at least in my perspective, we could debate about this...)

Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel on Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:45 am

^ I have an app called Afloat, is that what you found? I have to open it with a web browser though, it doesn't work with flash player standalones

My Twitter | My Tumblr | My Twitch | My Facebook Page | My Instagram
(You can also follow my patreon and see all public posts completely for free)
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy guy round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down