We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cosmonaut - Orthuss

+4
theacp127
Rafael
anton
Orthuss
8 posters

Go down

Cosmonaut - Orthuss Empty Cosmonaut - Orthuss

Post by Orthuss Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:15 am

Aaand here's my battle track vs Lukking.
Youtube Link

Last edited by Orthuss on Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Orthuss
Orthuss

Walruss

Back to top Go down

Cosmonaut - Orthuss Empty Re: Cosmonaut - Orthuss

Post by anton Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:29 am

That was dense as fuck. I must confess; I lost track of what was recycled. Which I loved. Great song and layout, flawless track.

As I said before, this is so far beyond me, my compliments mean next to nothing.
anton
anton

cool

Community Pick: SYTYKC

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:22 am

Couldn't get it to stall eh. Try harder next time, fading out the ending makes the track feel incomplete.
Anyway, that was really cool. It's impressive how smooth and consistent you get Bosh to move though the small space. My advice would be to add more variety in speed. The last few seconds could the most attention to me, because there hadn't been airtime before, and the track suddenly went faster and outside the dense area. I know it's difficult but if should try to get airtime through the dense space. I think that'd look awesome!
Can't wait for your other dense track Smile
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Orthuss Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:42 am

Anton wrote:That was dense as fuck. I must confess; I lost track of what was recycled. Which I loved. Great song and layout, flawless track.

As I said before, this is so far beyond me, my compliments mean next to nothing.

Thanks a lot! Yeah, with the track density and rotation, that's kind of the effect I was going for. I actually didn't recycle too much track, I mostly recycled space with different lines.

And don't worry about something being "so far beyond you". This is just a different style, that's all.

Rafael wrote:Couldn't get it to stall eh. Try harder next time, fading out the ending makes the track feel incomplete.
Anyway, that was really cool. It's impressive how smooth and consistent you get Bosh to move though the small space. My advice would be to add more variety in speed. The last few seconds could the most attention to me, because there hadn't been airtime before, and the track suddenly went faster and outside the dense area. I know it's difficult but if should try to get airtime through the dense space. I think that'd look awesome!
Can't wait for your other dense track Smile

Whoops, editing mishap. I recorded and edited this in 30 minutes and wanted to release before going to uni, so I rushed a bit. I wanted the color replay to start when the music switched and I didn't record too far past the stall. It actually does stall on the line, you can see that at the end of color. I think I might do a re-edit when I get home.

Thanks! Yeah, I agree. The use of space is probably my favorite part about this track, and speed manipulation's something I still have to work on. I really wanted the airtime to go through, but I hadn't planned ahead that far so I ended up not being able to. And yup, that other dense track is still in the works. Glad you liked it!
Orthuss
Orthuss

Walruss

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:42 am

I'm pretty sure you are the best dense quirker ever. I definitely have a really hard time with that kind of track making. That was really cool.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by SethComposerGuy Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:47 am

I really enjoyed the unique feel and style of this density track, and all the space recycling makes it very unpredictable. great job. Cant wait to see that other dense track you're talking about.
SethComposerGuy
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Orthuss Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:46 pm

Quick Re-Edit because I just got home and I can. Now with 100% more unambiguous stall.
theacp127 wrote:I'm pretty sure you are the best dense quirker ever. I definitely have a really hard time with that kind of track making. That was really cool.
Aw shucks, thanks a lot. I'd probably give that title to Splash or Pure myself, though. This is pretty much my first finished track in this kinda style and I'm just figuring things out now.
SethComposerGuy wrote:I really enjoyed the unique feel and style of this density track, and all the space recycling makes it very unpredictable. great job. Cant wait to see that other dense track you're talking about.
I kinda went for this density-space-recyclingy style because most people right now seem to be doing quirk or manuals or a combination of both, so a style like this does stand out a little. And I did like making this track, so there's definitely gonna be more where this came from. Glad you liked it!
Orthuss
Orthuss

Walruss

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:57 pm

Ayy that space recycling was dope! (cosmic pun hoohoohoo) I loved the amount of control you had at the low speed, and the gravity clouds were just so cool to look at. We're so used to spreading out our tracks that it was a great change of pace.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:31 pm

God you're becoming everything I never even dreamed of
Out of curiosity, how long did this take you?
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:12 pm

I don't really have a review for this or Reptile, but I do have a couple observations.

1) There are some spots in this one where the uber density makes for some awkward moments of airtime or weak stuff and that's probably why I voted for Lukking

2) On the other hand, there are some really cool moments in this where Bosh just sort of flies around in a sea of lines and the density makes it impossible to predict, and that was cool.

It makes me wonder if it's possible to get the feeling of raw power in reptile and also the dense sea of misdirecting lines in this track, both in the same track.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: