Funspiration - SCG

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Funspiration - SCG

Post by SethComposerGuy on Sat May 16, 2015 1:40 pm

It's finally here. Enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EMw4BncA1g


here's the sol file. mediafire.com download/a499kyw44zfika8/funspiration.sol
As a caution, you might have to use flash player 10 in order for flashplayer to not crash at the high speed barrel roll section. However flash player 10 also tends to crash a lot if you try to play it zoomed in when you try to play the full track.


Last edited by SethComposerGuy on Sat May 16, 2015 2:54 pm; edited 2 times in total

_________________
major solo tracks:

New rabid Squirrel challenge: archive all lr videos available before their creators deletes them. Shocked
avatar
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Funspiration - SCG

Post by OTDE on Sat May 16, 2015 1:45 pm

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

MY MOUTH WAS ACTUALLY OPEN

I WAS REALLY TRULY HYPERVENTILATING

HOLY SHIT MAN THIS WAS AMAZING

_________________
rabid wrote:did I just explain the significance of your own track to you
avatar
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Community Pick: Braggadocio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Funspiration - SCG

Post by Sheldon on Sat May 16, 2015 1:53 pm

i now see why the last part took you so long..


Last edited by Sheldon on Sat May 16, 2015 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Funspiration - SCG

Post by Orthuss on Sat May 16, 2015 1:55 pm

OKAY THIS IS NOT FAIR

THIS IS THE BEST THING SINCE THE LAST BEST THING

i'll do a proper review later but HOLY

_________________
Current Projects:
uh idk

Old Stuff:
Wandering - Metaphysical Indeterminacy - Artifact - Stargazer - Brouillard
avatar
Orthuss
Member

Walruss


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Funspiration - SCG

Post by Chuggers on Sat May 16, 2015 1:59 pm

wow
quote for when this gets featured: wrote:wow


Last edited by Chuggers on Sat May 16, 2015 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Chuggers
Member

tracktivist

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Funspiration - SCG

Post by Getthim on Sat May 16, 2015 1:59 pm

OMG indeed, the track was spectacular, to be honest the starting monument didn't set much hope in me that this was going to be good, but i watched it anyway. glad i did, the skill level just improved massively and that animated scenery must have taken you ages and ages to perfect, like i wish i had your persistence, it's goergous.

want to see more but start on a higher note, with better starting mon, if any, but either way you may ignore this if it get in your way of fun, always important to have fun over not having fun to reach a higher level, that life ruining devastating shit.

you are my hero Seth! 8D

_________________

Sheldon wrote:one does not simply teach a scener how to quirk

Hello Guest, lovely to see you.
avatar
Getthim
Member

Muggle dragon born


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Funspiration - SCG

Post by Helios Pavonine on Sat May 16, 2015 2:04 pm

THIS IS THE FIRST TIME MY JAW LITERALLY DROPPED

WHAT THE HELL

_________________
What's it going to be then, eh?

Back to top Go down

Re: Funspiration - SCG

Post by SethComposerGuy on Sat May 16, 2015 2:14 pm

Getthim wrote:OMG indeed, the track was spectacular, to be honest the starting monument didn't set much hope in me that this was going to be good, but i watched it anyway. glad i did, the skill level just improved massively and that animated scenery must have taken you ages and ages to perfect, like i wish i had your persistence, it's goergous.

want to see more but start on a higher note, with better starting mon, if any, but either way you may ignore this if it get in your way of fun, always important to have fun over not having fun to reach a higher level, that life ruining devastating shit.

you are my hero Seth! 8D

A big part of the beginning was intended. Partly because I haven't really touched linerider in over a year before starting this, and also I wanted to start simple and slowly build in technique and intensity to hopefully make the ending part seem that much better.

As for the animation I did, I actually discovered a little track that made animating somewhat easy. All you need to do is press ctl-play so that you can draw while the track is playing, then using Kevens' builds (I used 3.4.x) hit '[' to pause the track. That way you can draw what ever your want on that frame. When satisfied, just press ']' to have the bosh move forward 1 frame and and draw again to your hearts content. Aka, pause the track, draw a line, move the track forward 1 frame, draw another line slightly off the position of the previous frame, and keep going. When played at normal speed, it will look like that line is moving.

_________________
major solo tracks:

New rabid Squirrel challenge: archive all lr videos available before their creators deletes them. Shocked
avatar
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Funspiration - SCG

Post by Apple on Sat May 16, 2015 2:36 pm

SethComposerGuy wrote:
Getthim wrote:OMG indeed, the track was spectacular, to be honest the starting monument didn't set much hope in me that this was going to be good, but i watched it anyway. glad i did, the skill level just improved massively and that animated scenery must have taken you ages and ages to perfect, like i wish i had your persistence, it's goergous.

want to see more but start on a higher note, with better starting mon, if any, but either way you may ignore this if it get in your way of fun, always important to have fun over not having fun to reach a higher level, that life ruining devastating shit.

you are my hero Seth! 8D

A big part of the beginning was intended. Partly because I haven't really touched linerider in over a year before starting this, and also I wanted to start simple and slowly build in technique and intensity to hopefully make the ending part seem that much better.

As for the animation I did, I actually discovered a little track that made animating somewhat easy. All you need to do is press ctl-play so that you can draw while the track is playing, then using Kevens' builds (I used 3.4.x) hit '[' to pause the track. That way you can draw what ever your want on that frame. When satisfied, just press ']' to have the bosh move forward 1 frame and and draw again to your hearts content. Aka, pause the track, draw a line, move the track forward 1 frame, draw another line slightly off the position of the previous frame, and keep going. When played at normal speed, it will look like that line is moving.

Holy crap, thank you for that. I'm working on an animated part right now and this is going to make it so much easier.

This was a very cool track. Inspired me to go finish mine. Thank you for this.
avatar
Apple
Moderator


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Funspiration - SCG

Post by SethComposerGuy on Sat May 16, 2015 2:56 pm

no problem. Cant wait to see what you come up with.

_________________
major solo tracks:

New rabid Squirrel challenge: archive all lr videos available before their creators deletes them. Shocked
avatar
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Funspiration - SCG

Post by Lukking on Sat May 16, 2015 4:43 pm

OTDE wrote:OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

MY MOUTH WAS ACTUALLY OPEN

I WAS REALLY TRULY HYPERVENTILATING

HOLY SHIT MAN THIS WAS AMAZING

Same here.

Give this man an animated holy shoe!

_________________

Cereal wrote:I have a strange feeling like you'll make tracks again sometime (since that's what happens to 95% of people who quit like this), but I could be wrong.

You were right.
avatar
Lukking
Member

Community Pick: SYTYKC
4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Funspiration - SCG

Post by Sheldon on Sat May 16, 2015 4:58 pm

Lukking wrote:
OTDE wrote:OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

MY MOUTH WAS ACTUALLY OPEN

I WAS REALLY TRULY HYPERVENTILATING

HOLY SHIT MAN THIS WAS AMAZING

Same here.

Give this man an animated holy shoe!
give him a pair of shoes because damn
avatar
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Funspiration - SCG

Post by FlagCapper on Sat May 16, 2015 5:23 pm

I dunno how to post good reaction-style comments but I have to post something anyway out of respect for how much effort went into this.

I gotta say that tiling the scenery so that you wouldn't have to go fast enough to draw each frame was pretty clever; animated scenery is something that I always thought was possible in principle but I didn't think anyone would go through and actually do it. The music syncing is pretty damn good as well, I was actually impressed around 2:00 how well timed the music was to those spins.

Not sure what else to say; it's pretty damn good. :P

FlagCapper
Line Rider Legend

Community Pick: SYTYKC
4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Funspiration - SCG

Post by Wizzy on Sat May 16, 2015 5:25 pm



Well it's about time someone did this lol. Animation/track editing is something I have also been secretly working on the past few months. Nothing like this though, and not where the animation is happening in frames within the track. Phenomenal job, Seth.

_________________
Opal Rider wrote:It's cute. But we can go danker.
avatar
Wizzy
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Funspiration - SCG

Post by shammies on Sat May 16, 2015 7:01 pm

This has just...I mean...

SHIT! THIS IS AMAZING!

_________________
Spoiler:
avatar
shammies
Member

I'm the auts guy around here!


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Funspiration - SCG

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus on Sat May 16, 2015 7:40 pm

I jumped up and down several times. I'm so honoured to even have been considered any sort of help. This is the future of LR I swear to you.

_________________
Don't delete your tracks!™  Thumbs Up
avatar
ScrungleBlumpkus
Member

Interior Crocodile Alligator


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Funspiration - SCG

Post by rabid squirrel on Sat May 16, 2015 9:44 pm

HOLY SHOE

After a bit of consideration. Not quite as crazy about this track as everyone else, but will elaborate in a review later. The last section I just started uncontrollably laughing out loud and didn't stop for a solid 30 seconds, and I think it's pretty clear this track is a game changer for everyone.

Also that pause method is friggin brilliant how did I not think of that!!! I'm using that for sure.
Inb4 everyone and their dog is doing animations at speed 300+
I'm sad that I still haven't gotten around to the epic animation idea I had before anyone did animations but I will finish it someday...

_________________
Support My Art
A playlist of my best tracks
To keep up with what I'm up to in the world of Line Rider, follow me:
My Twitter | My Tumblr | My Twitch | My Facebook Page | My Instagram
(You can also follow my patreon and see all public posts completely for free)
avatar
rabid squirrel
Member

I'm the artsy guy round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Funspiration - SCG

Post by efrazable on Sat May 16, 2015 10:13 pm

Do we really need to wait 3 days for this to be featured?!?

But srsly my jaw dropped a good amount throughout the end. It was sooo good!

_________________
LineMagiX wrote:hump
avatar
efrazable
Member

Durr I'm efraz herp derp


View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Re: Funspiration - SCG

Post by Opal Rider on Sun May 17, 2015 1:05 am

Saw the hype, saw the track. Waited for the hype. Was not expecting hype. Felt the hype. Hype is real.

If I were to say anything about it, it's that the end pretty much blew everything out of the water, including the first four fifths of track. I'm not sure if that was on purpose, but even with the great sync, it just sorta swamped everything, and I couldn't remember much else about the track.

_________________
https://www.youtube.com/user/OpalRiderLR
You literally just did lines!

avatar
Opal Rider
Moderator

Aestetikally appealing


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Funspiration - SCG

Post by SethComposerGuy on Sun May 17, 2015 4:47 am

Thanks everyone.

Opal Rider wrote:Saw the hype, saw the track. Waited for the hype. Was not expecting hype. Felt the hype. Hype is real.

If I were to say anything about it, it's that the end pretty much blew everything out of the water, including the first four fifths of track. I'm not sure if that was on purpose, but even with the great sync, it just sorta swamped everything, and I couldn't remember much else about the track.

Ya, I originally intended for this track start out as a more for fun track that, doesn't require a lot of skill to create, then slowly build in intensity while still having it fit in the music, until it reached reached the climax toward the end. How ever, when I tried out the trick of pausing the track, drawing a line, skipping to the next frame, drawing another line, etc etc, it turned out a lot better than I could have imagined. I'd say the most time consuming part in the scenery was that dancing guy, dancing on top of Bosh in a kramual as I had to make a bunch of horizantal lines to get the proportions for the stick figure the same each frame. As for the flying plane, I made a paper cut out of the plane and used that to trace it on the track moving it forward each frame, same thing with the flying square.

However I do agree that, the animation turned out a lot better than I could have imagined, and I really cant wait to see what more talented artists are able to come up with using this technique. Apart from that, when I watch this, I tend to watch the whole track once, then re-watch the last couple sections several more times.

On a side note, I discovered I was able to eliminate almost all guess work using this same technique for animation scenery for the high speed quirk section. Where I hit ctl play so I'm able to draw a line while the track is playing, then paus it, hit ']' to progress the track forward until I want to draw a line, then very carefully draw a blue line where I want it to affect bosh. Most of the time I'm able to get the line to work first try and then try to make the well stronger.

_________________
major solo tracks:

New rabid Squirrel challenge: archive all lr videos available before their creators deletes them. Shocked
avatar
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Funspiration - SCG

Post by Rafael on Sun May 17, 2015 6:08 am

Damn son, that was awesome. Good buildup and nice division of sections. Fling quirk was top-notch, I missed your style <3. The first few sections felt a bit meh to be honest. I knew what you were going for but the curves were so unsmooth ;_; Made it look sloppy. You should definitely work on your curves in the future, it'll make your clean style look even cleaner. Then there was the short fling quirk section. It was cool, simple. I guess you didn't want to keep it chill until the end, but I feel it could've been a more speedy and varied, because the song got significantly more intense when this section started. It was good to see some smooth manuals from you again, I'd missed them until that point.

After this came the experimental Tapewormwithmoregranuals-like part. I liked it, although the general feel of this section was a bit sloppy. I don't know if this was intentional or not, but again I felt like this section would've come across much nicer if it was more intense and had more speed, it would've fit the song better. The progressive quirk section after was a bit sloppy, again Suspicious So far this entire track felt like you made everything in one go and just went with whatever you made.

Then the airtime and then the fling quirk came in. I knew what was going to follow after those rolls and it was so satisfying to see SCG, back at doing what you do best. It felt like this is the part where you got actually inspired on how to make this track and decided to give it all you got. That fakie shoulder fling was amazing! Never seen that before and it speeds him up like crazy! I loved this entire section.

Then the buildup. I loved how you structured this. First XY, then 45 degrees, then both and you end the buildup with use any sort of line while maintaining the style. What it built up to though, was the part that actually made this track more than a long, awesome track and turned it into a mindblowing masterpiece. When the animation started, my eyes were like o.o until 3:25. When the stick figure started walking around the screen my eyes were O.O, that's such an AWESOME way to display the new idea you got! My eyes were like that until 3:32, where the plane went around Bosh. There my eyes reached O.O, I didn't know they could do that  Eep. Absolutely genius! I'm mad at you though, because I'm working on something using the same technique you use. You actually did steal my jazz xD You executed it very well though, and I'm definitely using this for inspiration. Also, I like how you sped up to insane speeds, the barrel rolls and tail manual did not go unnoticed. Good job. Ending was really creative as well, but the sync was off, which felt like a cake where you didn't put the cherry on top but right next to it D:

Overall, this track felt like it was purely for fun and not for serious until 2:02, where you actually started doing your best. And well, your best is.. very good. Shoe well deserved.


Last edited by Rafael on Sun May 17, 2015 11:51 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Rafael
Line Rider Legend


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Funspiration - SCG

Post by Xanth on Sun May 17, 2015 11:04 am

SCG for line rider legend pronto

_________________
Add me on steam!
Spoiler:

Check out my YouTube channel!
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
[6:02:44 PM] Liam: bananas make my ears hurt
[6:02:46 PM] Liam: almonds too
[6:03:09 PM] Adam Pierce: you don't have to put them in your ear
[6:03:19 PM] Liam: Sad its a habit ok
[6:03:37 PM] Adam Pierce: whatever makes you happy man
[6:03:54 PM] Jack Jack: wait wait wait what
[6:03:58 PM] Jack Jack: where else are you supposed to put them
avatar
Xanth
Member


View user profile http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCehYWYJLIU_Y6e0Yw69pfrw

Back to top Go down

Re: Funspiration - SCG

Post by Chuggers on Sun May 17, 2015 1:54 pm

scg for lcc
avatar
Chuggers
Member

tracktivist

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Funspiration - SCG

Post by Apple on Sun May 17, 2015 3:11 pm

Rafael wrote:Ending was really creative as well, but the sync was off, which felt like a cake where you didn't put the cherry on top but right next to it D:

What part of it was not synced? Pretty sure it was spot on.
avatar
Apple
Moderator


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Funspiration - SCG

Post by SethComposerGuy on Sun May 17, 2015 3:13 pm

Rafael wrote:Damn son, that was awesome. Good buildup and nice division of sections. Fling quirk was top-notch, I missed your style <3. The first few sections felt a bit meh to be honest. I knew what you were going for but the curves were so unsmooth ;_; Made it look sloppy. You should definitely work on your curves in the future, it'll make your clean style look even cleaner. Then there was the short fling quirk section. It was cool, simple. I guess you didn't want to keep it chill until the end, but I feel it could've been a more speedy and varied, because the song got significantly more intense when this section started. It was good to see some smooth manuals from you again, I'd missed them until that point.

A big part of that was due to the fact that I hadn't touched linerider in over a year when I started this and I was a bit rusty (hence my idea for making a track that would start simple and grow in complexity and intensity as the skill I did have before returned). As for the first fling quirk, I intended it to be simple where I just focused on different types of flings to help me get used to quirking again. Thanks about the manuals. It's a bit easier for me to make smooth manuals at higher speeds than at slower speeds.

Rafael wrote:After this came the experimental Tapewormwithmoregranuals-like part. I liked it, although the general feel of this section was a bit sloppy. I don't know if this was intentional or not, but again I felt like this section would've come across much nicer if it was more intense and had more speed, it would've fit the song better. The progressive quirk section after was a bit sloppy, again Suspicious So far this entire track felt like you made everything in one go and just went with whatever you made.

Thanks, I do actually agree as I did have some trouble keeping bosh at a decent speed for this (probably still a bit rusty), same thing with the progressive quirk section, which Isn't exactly what I'm known for anyway, However I do kind of like how this section fits to the music.

Rafael wrote:Then the airtime and then the fling quirk came in. I knew what was going to follow after those rolls and it was so satisfying to see SCG, back at doing what you do best. It felt like this is the part where you got actually inspired on how to make this track and decided to give it all you got. That fakie shoulder fling was amazing! Never seen that before and it speeds him up like crazy! I loved this entire section.

Yep, I definitely felt like I was in my element making this section.

Rafael wrote:Then the buildup. I loved how you structured this. First XY, then 45 degrees, then both and you end the buildup with use any sort of line while maintaining the style. What it built up to though, was the part that actually made this track more than a long, awesome track and turned it into a mindblowing masterpiece. When the animation started, my eyes were like o.o until 3:25. When the stick figure started walking around the screen my eyes were O.O, that's such an AWESOME way to display the new idea you got! My eyes were like that until 3:32, where the plane went around Bosh. There my eyes reached O.O, I didn't know they could do that  Eep. Absolutely genius! I'm mad at you though, because I'm working on something using the same technique you use. You actually did steal my jazz xD You executed it very well though, and I'm definitely using this for inspiration. Also, I like how you sped up to insane speeds, the barrel rolls and tail manual did not go unnoticed. Good job. Ending was really creative as well, but the sync was off, which felt like a cake where you didn't put the cherry on top but right next to it D:

Thanks. Also, I can't wait to see what you come up with. As for the last section, I do agree that the track didn't quite sync up how I intended it to. The method I was trying at that point did work somewhat, but ended up being off slightly once in a while. It didn't help that flashplayer was lagging somewhat by then and I had this weird thing happen where flashplayer 10 would crash if I tried to play it zoomed in but worked fine zoomed out somewhat, and the other flash player versions would crash consistently right after the barrel rolls (I'm thinking it may have something to do with the fact I massively abused the line boosting glitch duplicating each line from 2 to occasionally over 20 times as much as I could until it caused bosh to crash).

Rafael wrote:Overall, this track felt like it was purely for fun and not for serious until 2:02, where you actually started doing your best. And well, your best is.. very good. Shoe well deserved.

Thanks. I'm very proud of how this turned out.

_________________
major solo tracks:

New rabid Squirrel challenge: archive all lr videos available before their creators deletes them. Shocked
avatar
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Funspiration - SCG

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum