We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apple's Previews

+16
Cocopops
Conundrumer
Opal Rider
roflmaoqwerty
Chuggers
efrazable
Z_N-Freak
Getthim
gaoyubao
ScrungleBlumpkus
anton
Yobanjojoe
Sheldon
OTDE
rabid squirrel
Apple
20 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Apple's Previews Empty Apple's Previews

Post by Apple Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:56 pm

Marble Soda

This is easily the most fun I have ever had making a track. I'd argue it's my best track to date as well. Here is a  potato quality screenshot for your viewing pleasure.
Spoiler:

Update 1:

It is highly experimental for me. Here's the entire first part of it. Looks messy and weird, but right after it is a nice smooth part that I don't usually do and felt like trying out. Props to whoever can figure out the path bosh takes in this.
Spoiler:
From that screenshot, you may notice that there are a lot of long flat lines. That is because this track is also crazy music synced. Honestly, I'm having so much fun syncing music, I don't think I will make a track that isn't synced to music anymore. So yeah, every flat line like that is most likely a heavier beat of the song. The song by the way is "Marble Soda" by Shawn Wasabi. I love it.  I think it might be the name of the track as well. That is why I can be so precise with the percent in my signature. The song is ~2:40, and my track will open to it, and stop with it. I doubt there will be a title or any credits. Just experimenting with things.

Okay! So that's the first part and a lot about the kind of track it is. Just a gigantic test of all the elements of Line Rider I have never explored. It has a lot of very smooth parts unlike the above screenshot. Kind of like the very first screenshot, the track has a lot of flings and manuals that look like that. Here's a second teaser thingy.
Spoiler:
These are all small little sections that I tried to get to fit the music feel at that time in the song. All the little slower parts, I am trying to slow him down and do some calmer things before sending him off. Lots of hang time in this track as well, but I think it fits the song well, and that's the most important part to me. Three more pictures for you. Oh, and I just realized the zoom tool was in the other one. Sorry about that.
Spoiler:
This isn't much. Just the part that starts the ultra-high speed part. This is going to be my second attempt at it. First wasn't too good, but I Wasn't trying crazy hard. It's kinda fun.
Spoiler:
Little integration. Not too fun. Wow. Taking these screenshots and stuff is making me realize that this might not be as awesome to any of you as it is to me. This is the most fun I have ever had making a track. This is the first time I am really proud of something I am working on, and I don't know what I am doing differently. I used to try and pump out tracks just to get subscribers and likes on my videos. But I've come back, and I really don't care. I just want to play this game. I have so many memories here and playing Line Rider. I actually used to think I could become famous on this site 6 years ago just by discovering a bunch of new stalls. My computer at the time was so bad, that's really all I could make. 20 line tracks. So if you go look at my earliest Line Rider videos, they are just really stupid little stalls. I don't know why I am typing so much into this post. Oh well, now you know more about me. But yeah! I am actually proud of this track. If someone hates it, I don't think it would hurt me too much. I made this for me, and nobody else. One more picture. This is the track as soon as you load it into the game. It is huge for me.
Spoiler:
See that tiny dot at the top right of the track? That's the first part that I showed towards the top of this post. Very long tunnel. I will for sure be experimenting with animated green lines there.

I guess I have one more thing I could show you guys. I said it was going to have an ultra-high speed part...
Spoiler:

Long post. Gotta study for finals tomorrow. See you guys later.

Last edited by Apple on Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:47 am; edited 10 times in total
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Apple's Previews Empty Re: Apple's Previews

Post by Apple Thu May 07, 2015 11:08 pm

Update 2:

Apple's Previews XV16oW8

So he's traveling about 320 when he's in this. It's not my favorite thing, but I want to see it when I have 3 or 4 rotations completely done. At 2 as of now. Don't think it will look good, but I'll see.
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Thu May 07, 2015 11:32 pm

dunno how much was edited recently or if I just missed this entirely, but this looks really awesome :O
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Fri May 08, 2015 12:54 am

I'm totally hyped for this!!
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Sun May 10, 2015 6:23 pm

Update 3: Just hit 2000 lines. That .gif up there with him rotating around just by his nose didn't work as well as I wanted it too, so I had to take it all out. This update isn't too important, I just wanted to say how much respect I have for people who do ultra high speed tracks. It takes forever. The first 76% of this track took a couple weeks. This last 24% will probably take more than that. And then I have to go back and do the green line animation stuff. I meant to make this preview about a week or two before I was going to release it, but it turns out it'll take a lot longer than I thought.
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Sun May 10, 2015 7:29 pm

Does this have anything to do with Ramune? xD
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Sun May 10, 2015 9:16 pm

Sheldon wrote:Does this have anything to do with Ramune? xD

Sadly, no. But I might go buy a celebratory one right before I upload it. Clink it against my laptop.
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Sun May 10, 2015 9:21 pm

why is it called marble soda then
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Sun May 10, 2015 9:58 pm

Sheldon wrote:why is it called marble soda then

shua wrote:The song by the way is "Marble Soda" by Shawn Wasabi. I love it. I think it might be the name of the track as well.

It's a good song if you like electronic stuff. Here it is if anyone is curious. Nobody steal it. I'm 2 minutes and 9 seconds in to a fully synced track.
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Mon May 11, 2015 12:43 pm

This looks so cool! I can't wait to see it Smile
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Sun May 17, 2015 5:49 pm

This project is starting to wear me down. I really liked it, I thought it was really cool, but I have seen it hundreds of times and can't tell what is good or bad about it anymore. I've recorded it and edited it into a private preview on youtube. Some of the music sync isn't quite where I want it in this preview, but it's a preview, so I think it's fine for the time being. Is there anyone who would be willing to check it out and tell me what is good or bad about it? It's pretty overshadowed by a lot of stuff that has come out in the last month, but I'd greatly appreciate it. I can PM the link to you. Not gonna post it, because if it is something worth finishing, I want to surprise at least a couple people.
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by Yobanjojoe Sun May 17, 2015 6:24 pm

I'll look at it for you
Yobanjojoe
Yobanjojoe

swag

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun May 17, 2015 6:34 pm

Regardless of if it's any good I really hope you finish it. It's always a good feeling when you can finish a big project even if it's not as good as you wish it was. Smile It usually turns out better than you think it will when the final product comes together, in my experience.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Sun May 17, 2015 7:08 pm

hey man it happens to the best of us! I've felt that way about most of my tracks after seeing them so many times, but you have to understand the viewer is seeing it fresh, so it will be much more exciting to them. Focus on having fun man, if the track is not fun to make anymore revise it or move on. Huge projects can be very draining, and if you need to take a break!
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Sun May 17, 2015 8:33 pm

Sheldon wrote:hey man it happens to the best of us! I've felt that way about most of my tracks after seeing them so many times, but you have to understand the viewer is seeing it fresh, so it will be much more exciting to them. Focus on having fun man, if the track is not fun to make anymore revise it or move on. Huge projects can be very draining, and if you need to take a break!

Thanks. You, Rabid, and Banjo have convinced me to finish. I think the problem was I tried to finish the hard part in a really short amount of time. It'll be released soon, but I think I should slow down. It'll be better overall if I do.

Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon May 18, 2015 12:07 am

shua wrote:
Sheldon wrote:hey man it happens to the best of us! I've felt that way about most of my tracks after seeing them so many times, but you have to understand the viewer is seeing it fresh, so it will be much more exciting to them. Focus on having fun man, if the track is not fun to make anymore revise it or move on. Huge projects can be very draining, and if you need to take a break!
Thanks. You, Rabid, and Banjo have convinced me to finish. I think the problem was I tried to finish the hard part in a really short amount of time. It'll be released soon, but I think I should slow down. It'll be better overall if I do.
Hey, that's no shame in that!

I mean. Have I mentioned to you that Driftwood I thought would be done in like, February. And that it was like 5x as much work as I thought. I usually find that tracks end up taking more time than I think they will. Just keep plugging away until it's done, as long as you keep the quality high and don't rush it it will be worth it - the more work you put in the better the outcome so it's annoying when it goes long but it'll be worth it.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:38 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:Keep plugging away until it's done, as long as you keep the quality high and don't rush it it will be worth it - the more work you put in the better the outcome so it's annoying when it goes long but it'll be worth it.

Thanks. I'm starting to realize that now. I've gotten really busy taking a physics class and working over the summer, but I'm working on it regularly again. Feels nice.

I can't wait for this high speed part to be done. It's not my favorite. I don't think I have the patience for it. As soon as it's over, I'll be updating this more often. Hard to show pictures of the fast parts...
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:48 pm

Probably last update. I'll be finishing the track today or tomorrow, and then all I have to do is finish the animation. There are a lot of things I like a lot about this track, and a lot of things I don't like. Don't get your hopes up too high, but it will be coming out soon, thats for sure. Probably a week. Maybe two.

It's finally coming to an end. Even if nobody likes it, I'll be happy it's done.
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:47 pm

EXCITE

also rad jams are available
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Back to top Go down

Post by anton Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:22 am

Shua, i am super hyped for this. Your style and tracks are of great inspiration to me so yeah.. Take your time these last day, exceed your own expectations. I know you will impress Thumbs Up

Last edited by Anton on Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
anton
anton

cool

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:10 pm

I like hype.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:41 pm

hell yeah marbill approves
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Back to top Go down

Post by gaoyubao Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:02 pm

bruh you're using marble soda I don't see how it could go wrong
gaoyubao
gaoyubao
Line Rider Legend

Contest Winner: XL Contest
1st place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.visitgaomali.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:44 pm

Alright, done with all of it now. Editing in the process. Should be uploaded within the next 24 hours.
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:44 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6AVKFc4O98

And done. Feel free to close this thread, any mod.
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next