Inhibitions ~ Dapianokid

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Inhibitions ~ Dapianokid

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus on Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:27 pm

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Go read the description!
List: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zvvg589etuznvng/kramuals.txt?dl=0
.sol: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xq2edxxbievlleg/XY%20battle.sol?dl=0

Track reaches 210+ ppf, there are some 2 frame grolls and one instance of 2 rotations in 3 frames, introduces new tricks such as kramual wells galore, the kramual/non-kramual alt fling, the hyperkramual, the strongest direction switch, and the beginning buds of the tree which will grow to become true XY fling quirk. Probably some other noteworthy things Sheldon wants me to mention but I forget. Oh, this track was made in basically less than a month. Made the first stack 1 month, 4 days before I drew the stall. Most of it happened in ten second spurts of "HOLY SHNIZZLE PROGRESS," and I'd like to say most of it happened in the two weeks of that month which I didn't spend working on collabs, but I think the breaks I took in the collabs gave rise to the new ideas I had which led to the finished product.

You're going down, Ryder. Music syncing was a great idea.

Dedicated to Orthuss.


Last edited by Dapianokid on Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:53 pm; edited 4 times in total

_________________
Don't delete your tracks!™  Thumbs Up
avatar
ScrungleBlumpkus
Member

Interior Crocodile Alligator


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Inhibitions ~ Dapianokid

Post by efrazable on Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:50 pm

me on the stream wrote:holy damn
it's really good
Seriously this was without a doubt the most exciting linear XY I've ever watched.

Definitely some very creative moments, as well. I could tell you had fun with the track! 8D

_________________
@LineMagiX wrote:hump
avatar
efrazable
Member

Durr I'm efraz herp derp


View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Re: Inhibitions ~ Dapianokid

Post by Pawel3 on Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:57 pm

Definitely a lot of awesome moments involving kramuals and rolls, which I really enjoyed Very Happy
I feel like there were a little bit too many places where there is nothing happening (like the long pinches) though, but that's my only complaint

_________________
avatar
Pawel3
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Inhibitions ~ Dapianokid

Post by [senpai] kevans on Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:09 pm

I always feel like these awesome tracks aren't long enough, MOAR PLEASE!
avatar
[senpai] kevans
Member

Stay in your coma


View user profile https://kevansevans.github.io/

Back to top Go down

Re: Inhibitions ~ Dapianokid

Post by Inukaza on Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:23 pm

over 200 pps in a xy only track. what the fuck.

what the fuck

WHAT the FUCK.

<3

Inukaza
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Inhibitions ~ Dapianokid

Post by hypothet on Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:26 pm

I loved how you experimented with line length and XY conventions -- I forgot I was watching XY at some parts, and that's really cool.

Because then it stops being about XY and it starts being about what you made.

Nobody wants to hear "That was good for an XY."

This was a great track. Keep it up bruh.

_________________
if I go insane within a year, probably don't be surprised, mmkay?
avatar
hypothet
Member

don't read this


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Inhibitions ~ Dapianokid

Post by Orthuss on Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:33 pm

Whoa. I don't even know where to start. I'm bad at reviews so bear with me. I'll probably add stuff later as I think of stuff to add. It's kinda late.

I am SO glad you listened to the criticism. I forgot to review CAF, but it's clear that there you prioritized tricks over structure. This is what can happen when you prioritize structure over tricks and use tricks fittingly. I know it's not the first time any more, but the kramual cannons were used really nicely. The downwards kramual stop thingy at 1:05 was great too, and I like the fact that you went back through it in a zigzag. And that sideways kramual directional switch at 1:49... I mean, that's not new by any means, I just loved the trick because it fit the music and it was a huge directional change. It looked really clean too, and it was pretty unexpected. It's all music synced, too! It's not just appearing at seemingly random moments!

I do agree with Pawel that there were a few moments where nothing was really happening (the manuals with some stabilizers or the big pinches) and you were clearly prioritizing the music sync over the track, but on the other hand, it's pretty hard to get a ton of left or right speed without pinches and the manuals fit the slow moments of the music. But I do recommend a rewatch since there's a ton of awesome elements that can go by unnoticed just because it goes so fast. That's an entire flanual from 1:38 recycled backwards at 2:01, by the way.

Like, seriously, whoa. Keep it up, Dap. This is where you go from tricks to tracks. Super honored for the dedication!
but you should probably ask me about the german words instead of using google translate next time :p

_________________
Current Projects:
uh idk

Old Stuff:
Wandering - Metaphysical Indeterminacy - Artifact - Stargazer - Brouillard
avatar
Orthuss
Member

Walruss


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Inhibitions ~ Dapianokid

Post by rabid squirrel on Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:38 pm

hope to actually review this someday, but for now I just want to say, bravo! This was packed full of moments I just loved. (and a few that I was meh about but I'll save that for the review :P)

_________________
Support My Art
A playlist of my best tracks
To keep up with what I'm up to in the world of Line Rider, follow me:
My Twitter | My Tumblr | My Twitch | My Facebook Page | My Instagram
(You can also follow my patreon and see all public posts completely for free)
avatar
rabid squirrel
Member

I'm the artsy guy round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Inhibitions ~ Dapianokid

Post by Josro on Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:18 pm

Wow, that was fantastic and really fun to watch, great job.

_________________
I am a badass
leg0prime-optigonsolace-imjoshh-Josro
avatar
Josro
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Inhibitions ~ Dapianokid

Post by Sheldon on Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:56 pm

will review later nice
avatar
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Inhibitions ~ Dapianokid

Post by Opal Rider on Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:16 pm

I don't think anyone expected that when they clicked the link. Absolutely amazing stuff by anyone's standards.

_________________
https://www.youtube.com/user/OpalRiderLR
You literally just did lines!

avatar
Opal Rider
Moderator

Aestetikally appealing


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Inhibitions ~ Dapianokid

Post by Yobanjojoe on Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:56 pm

I think I might have actually enojoyed that more than roborant, that was amazing

That part where you used the kramual to suddenly change direction at high speed; It took me so long to realize you actually changed his direction at that speed.

_________________
Where am I



avatar
Yobanjojoe
Member

swag


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Inhibitions ~ Dapianokid

Post by Apple on Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:39 pm

That was some amazing music syncing, along with everything else people are saying. This is my new favorite xy track.
avatar
Apple
Moderator


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Inhibitions ~ Dapianokid

Post by LineMagiX on Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:29 am

As a bit of an XY enthusiast I have to say this was pretty awesome and will definitely be a source of inspiration for me and splash's collab in the future. The highspeed parts were definitely better than the slower stuff though. :P Keep practicing! I want to see you throw some style in there.

_________________

QUOTES:

@Cereal wrote:Hell yes ..since CC is being a little b*tch.

@rabid squirrel wrote:it's more dumb but less stupid

@Hedgehogs4Me wrote:Nigga you know what I meant.
Alright, seriously, let's stop this now before we set a bad example. xD


My super.sol download
(all of my recent tracks in one sol)
avatar
LineMagiX
Member

The ghost of LR


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Inhibitions ~ Dapianokid

Post by Cereal on Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:50 am

You displayed a crazy amount of control with this track, awesome stuff.

_________________
Times They Are A-Changin'  

>>The Ph Series<<
EXPLOSIVO

Words of Wisdom:

@OTDE wrote:Be active and we'll love you forever. Make tracks and we'll love you five-ever.

@FlagCapper wrote:How is a Quirk a Quirk when it becomes more of the same?

Eric Cartman wrote:If you want to find some quality friends, you've gotta wait through all the dicks first.

avatar
Cereal
Line Rider Legend


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Inhibitions ~ Dapianokid

Post by Getthim on Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:14 am

This is by far one of the best tracks that i have seen from you, you have just been shot out of a gun learning about XY, a while back we were similar levels and now, boom! man, i wanna learn how to kramual that well, might fit in nicely to my sync track.

A* Bro, keep riding them lines, it was EPIC!

_________________

@Sheldon wrote:one does not simply teach a scener how to quirk

Hello Guest, lovely to see you.
avatar
Getthim
Member

Muggle dragon born


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Inhibitions ~ Dapianokid

Post by Rafael on Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:01 am

Well, I'm going to react to this based on the expectation you set to me. What's coming up here is may sound harsh, but I hope you'll be able to understand and appreciate the honest criticism I'm going to throw at you.

It seems like this track is your first attempt at creating something substantial and complete. I'm glad you've gone that direction! When starting an ambitious project the first thing you have to do is choose a song to sync to. Now you should do this carefully. The song is the baseline of your track. If you choose a poor song, you'll have a poor baseline and it's very hard to rise above it. You should pick a song that is in alignment with the ideas that you have. The song selection for this track wasn't very good, unfortunately. It has a pretty cool buildup, but the drop lacks intensity and doesn't vary much from the buildup. I see you planned on doing some kramual cannons, so in your case I would've chosen a song without a buildup, and instead choose one that suddenly changes all the way. Apart from that, I just plain don't like listening to it, but that's just my opinion :P. Next time, I'd be more careful in choosing a song.

The thing you do after (and during) choosing a song is splitting it up in sections. While I think you did this really well, as the section switches were clear, I think you did pretty bad on transitioning between each section. Every time there was a buildup, you used a pinch or some other trick that makes Bosh stand still to fill the time. My assumption is that you thought people could focus on the song much more, which would consequently make the drop or transition more powerful. However, when you do this the track and the song are totally out of sync which makes actually takes away power. What you want to do is make the song and the track align and complement each other. I can't tell you how to do this, you'll get better at this as you keep doing it, but I'll give an example of what you could've done instead of what you did from 1:09 - 1:29. The song really slows down after this, so instead of the pinch, which speeds him up, you could've done a zero point nose manual. On the music you could've done four quirky curve flips from 1:14-1:17, followed by airtime. Now THEN the song actually begins to buildup, so here you could've started speeding up! You had only 10 seconds to do this, and speeding up that much is impossible to do in XY (apart from kramual cannons). I understand you wanted him to go fast at 1:29, so you kind of had to start speeding up at 1:09 already. This kind of brings me back to my first point, maybe the song you chose wasn't right for XY.

The last step of making a track is the execution. On that the main thing that bothered me was the ginormous amount of pinches. There were simply too many. Try to keep the speed more constant in high speeds, so you don't have to keep resorting to pinches to speed him back up. Some more downward parts could've worked too.

Apart from all this I think you're amazing at XY and you did some tricks I will never be able to do. My favourite moment was the variation in line length around 1:45, that was really creative. I'll leave the rest to other people who want to review this. Keep playing Thumbs Up

Edit: Looking back at this it doesn't sound harsh at all xD


Last edited by Rafael on Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Rafael
Line Rider Legend


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Inhibitions ~ Dapianokid

Post by Helios Pavonine on Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:38 pm

Hmmm. I have mixed feelings about this track. On the one hand, I can definitely admire your dedication to the game and your skills. You seem to have a deep understanding of tricks. It takes a lot of patience and determination to churn out a track like this. Well done Smile

On the other hand and I hate to be a party pooper, the track was super shallow. There was a pinch. And then a kramual. Aaaand then an unnecessarily giant fling loop thing. The lines had no meaning or real purpose, if you get what I mean.

What surprised me was 1:44-1:48. It didn't fit in the rest of the track at all, but it's a cool concept and I like it!

Did you really like the song yourself? There are a lot of other songs out there which would fit better; in this case, the song weakens the overall experience. At times I found it kind of obnoxious :/

Lastly, you truly have a TON of potential. You know how to make tricks, now how about the track itself? I'd love to see you venture into already known land like manuals, because it will definitely enrich you. Now, all the tricks are sort of disjointed from eachother. Take a breather. You have started your Line Rider career with stacking (pretty much...) but you missed the initial step: how do I make a track? Think about flow, style, music... Take the time to (re)watch segments of your work and reflect on them.

I have a lot more to say, but you've only released a few tracks! Jeez. Wisdom comes with the years. (EDIT: That's a Dutch phrase, oops. You know what I mean haha) I can only wish you good luck with that :P

EDIT: Oh yes, that title. I see what you did there.

_________________
What's it going to be then, eh?

Back to top Go down

Re: Inhibitions ~ Dapianokid

Post by LineMagiX on Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:45 pm

^I completely agree with this. I just didn't want to pull a me and shit all over the track since it's an XY I really enjoyed.

I felt like you dropped the ball when the highspeed ended. I also noticed that the only really strong flings were the nose flings with the massive stacks. It's really tempting to use them since flings can be tough to loop in XY but if you can pull off using a ton of different tricks, it makes all the difference. Repetitiveness is like twice as much of a crutch in xy's than regular quirks because it's so much easier to be repetitive with the limitations you have. You'll execute it way better the next few tracks you bust out, I'm sure of it!

And don't listen to everyone bashing the song. xD The trap & heavy 808's were tight to me. But for sure I think you could've executed the non highspeed parts better, cuz the drop was definitely overfocused compared to the rest of the track. Keep it up. Thumbs Up

_________________

QUOTES:

@Cereal wrote:Hell yes ..since CC is being a little b*tch.

@rabid squirrel wrote:it's more dumb but less stupid

@Hedgehogs4Me wrote:Nigga you know what I meant.
Alright, seriously, let's stop this now before we set a bad example. xD


My super.sol download
(all of my recent tracks in one sol)
avatar
LineMagiX
Member

The ghost of LR


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Inhibitions ~ Dapianokid

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus on Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:21 pm

@efrazable wrote:
me on the stream wrote:holy damn
it's really good
Seriously this was without a doubt the most exciting linear XY I've ever watched.
Definitely some very creative moments, as well. I could tell you had fun with the track! 8D

This is the most fun I've ever had playing LR!

@Pawel3 wrote:Definitely a lot of awesome moments involving kramuals and rolls, which I really enjoyed Very Happy
I feel like there were a little bit too many places where there is nothing happening (like the long pinches) though, but that's my only complaint

I definitely was more focused on the drop and have had zero experience with highspeed so I wasn't prepared to not use pinches. God knows how this would've turned out had I the experience necessary to keep it real the whole way through O.o

@[senpai] kevans wrote:I always feel like these awesome tracks aren't long enough, MOAR PLEASE!

This means more to me than you can know <3 I esteem your opinion particularly high, for whatever reason  Hehe

@Inukaza wrote:over 200 pps in a xy only track. what the fuck.
what the fuck
WHAT the FUCK.
<3

Highspeed ftw

HG42 wrote:I loved how you experimented with line length and XY conventions -- I forgot I was watching XY at some parts, and that's really cool.
Because then it stops being about XY and it starts being about what you made.
Nobody wants to hear "That was good for an XY."
This was a great track. Keep it up bruh.

This is the number one thing I wanted to get the feel for in my non-lintear xy, that you forgot it was xy. <3 you bruh

@Orthuss wrote:*snip*
Like, seriously, whoa. Keep it up, Dap. This is where you go from tricks to tracks. Super honored for the dedication!
but you should probably ask me about the german words instead of using google translate next time :p

I'm never speaking German again :P Thank you so much, you inspiration, you <3

@rabid squirrel wrote:hope to actually review this someday, but for now I just want to say, bravo! This was packed full of moments I just loved. (and a few that I was meh about but I'll save that for the review :P)
ImJOSHH wrote:Wow, that was fantastic and really fun to watch, great job.
@Sheldon wrote:will review later nice
@Opal Rider wrote:I don't think anyone expected that when they clicked the link. Absolutely amazing stuff by anyone's standards.

<3

@Yobanjojoe wrote:I think I might have actually enojoyed that more than roborant, that was amazing
That part where you used the kramual to suddenly change direction at high speed; It took me so long to realize you actually changed his direction at that speed.

Well, good. I don't remember ever seeing a direction change used that un-noticeably. The goal wasn't the trick itself, it was the sudde direction change (specifically, what it did to the camera!)

shua wrote:That was some amazing music syncing, along with everything else people are saying. This is my new favorite xy track.

Oh my god oh my god oh my god<3

@LineMagiX wrote:As a bit of an XY enthusiast  I have to say this was pretty awesome and will definitely be a source of inspiration for me and splash's collab in the future. The highspeed parts were definitely better than the slower stuff though. :P Keep practicing! I want to see you throw some style in there.

Elaborate on style, friend! And don't be afraid to shit all over it!

@Cereal wrote:You displayed a crazy amount of control with this track, awesome stuff.

Coming from such a refined master...thank you.

@Getthim wrote:This is by far one of the best tracks that i have seen from you, you have just been shot out of a gun learning about XY, a while back we were similar levels and now, boom! man, i wanna learn how to kramual that well, might fit in nicely to my sync track.
A* Bro, keep riding them lines, it was EPIC!

It took me a while to learn what it takes to actually use them without being super messy and abrupt. I don't like what I did right before the longest pinch, for example. Two random kramuals just to have them.

@Rafael wrote:Well, I'm going to react to this based on the expectation you set to me. What's coming up here is may sound harsh, but I hope you'll be able to understand and appreciate the honest criticism I'm going to throw at you.
It seems like this track is your first attempt at creating something substantial and complete. I'm glad you've gone that direction! When starting an ambitious project the first thing you have to do is choose a song to sync to. Now you should do this carefully. The song is the baseline of your track. If you choose a poor song, you'll have a poor baseline and it's very hard to rise above it. You should pick a song that is in alignment with the ideas that you have. The song selection for this track wasn't very good, unfortunately. It has a pretty cool buildup, but the drop lacks intensity and doesn't vary much from the buildup. I see you planned on doing some kramual cannons, so in your case I would've chosen a song without a buildup, and instead choose one that suddenly changes all the way. Apart from that, I just plain don't like listening to it, but that's just my opinion :P. Next time, I'd be more careful in choosing a song.
The thing you do after (and during) choosing a song is splitting it up in sections. While I think you did this really well, as the section switches were clear, I think you did pretty bad on transitioning between each section. Every time there was a buildup, you used a pinch or some other trick that makes Bosh stand still to fill the time. My assumption is that you thought people could focus on the song much more, which would consequently make the drop or transition more powerful. However, when you do this the track and the song are totally out of sync which makes actually takes away power. What you want to do is make the song and the track align and complement each other. I can't tell you how to do this, you'll get better at this as you keep doing it, but I'll give an example of what you could've done instead of what you did from 1:09 - 1:29. The song really slows down after this, so instead of the pinch, which speeds him up, you could've done a zero point nose manual. On the music you could've done four quirky curve flips from 1:14-1:17, followed by airtime. Now THEN the song actually begins to buildup, so here you could've started speeding up! You had only 10 seconds to do this, and speeding up that much is impossible to do in XY (apart from kramual cannons). I understand you wanted him to go fast at 1:29, so you kind of had to start speeding up at 1:09 already. This kind of brings me back to my first point, maybe the song you chose wasn't right for XY.
The last step of making a track is the execution. On that the main thing that bothered me was the ginormous amount of pinches. There were simply too many. Try to keep the speed more constant in high speeds, so you don't have to keep resorting to pinches to speed him back up. Some more downward parts could've worked too.
Apart from all this I think you're amazing at XY and you did some tricks I will never be able to do. My favourite moment was the variation in line length around 1:45, that was really creative. I'll leave the rest to other people who want to review this. Keep playing
Thumbs Up

You have taught me so much in my time here. Not a once did anting you say spite me or hurt in any way, shape, form, or fashion. Thank you, Raf.

@Helios Pavonine wrote:Hmmm. I have mixed feelings about this track. On the one hand, I can definitely admire your dedication to the game and your skills. You seem to have a deep understanding of tricks. It takes a lot of patience and determination to churn out a track like this. Well done Smile
On the other hand and I hate to be a party pooper, the track was super shallow. There was a pinch. And then a kramual. Aaaand then an unnecessarily giant fling loop thing. The lines had no meaning or real purpose, if you get what I mean.
What surprised me was 1:44-1:48. It didn't fit in the rest of the track at all, but it's a cool concept and I like it!
Did you really like the song yourself? There are a lot of other songs out there which would fit better; in this case, the song weakens the overall experience. At times I found it kind of obnoxious :/
Lastly, you truly have a TON of potential. You know how to make tricks, now how about the track itself? I'd love to see you venture into already known land like manuals, because it will definitely enrich you. Now, all the tricks are sort of disjointed from eachother. Take a breather. You have started your Line Rider career with stacking (pretty much...) but you missed the initial step: how do I make a track? Think about flow, style, music... Take the time to (re)watch segments of your work and reflect on them.
I have a lot more to say, but you've only released a few tracks! Jeez. Wisdom comes with the years. (EDIT: That's a Dutch phrase, oops. You know what I mean haha) I can only wish you good luck with that :P
EDIT: Oh yes, that title. I see what you did there.

Again, appreciated the critical remarks! I couldn't improve without them! Smile I would like to say that I intended to convey slightly more purpose than you seem to have gotten out of it. :/ I also actually particularly enjoyed the song...before I made a track to it. By now, it feels slow, awkward, and repetitive.

@LineMagiX wrote:^^I completely agree with Helios. I just didn't want to pull a me and shit all over the track since it's an XY I really enjoyed.
I felt like you dropped the ball when the highspeed ended. I also noticed that the only really strong flings were the nose flings with the massive stacks. It's really tempting to use them since flings can be tough to loop in XY but if you can pull off using a ton of different tricks, it makes all the difference. Repetitiveness is like twice as much of a crutch in xy's than regular quirks because it's so much easier to be repetitive with the limitations you have. You'll execute it way better the next few tracks you bust out, I'm sure of it!
And don't listen to everyone bashing the song. xD The trap & heavy 808's were tight to me. But for sure I think you could've executed the non highspeed parts better, cuz the drop was definitely overfocused compared to the rest of the track. Keep it up. Thumbs Up

BRUH TRAP MUSIC TO THE END #42069BLAZEITUP Again, you can shit all over it if you want. I wanna learn!!

Thanks, Boo.
And thanks everybody. Smile

_________________
Don't delete your tracks!™  Thumbs Up
avatar
ScrungleBlumpkus
Member

Interior Crocodile Alligator


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Inhibitions ~ Dapianokid

Post by LineMagiX on Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:40 pm

Hooray for people who take criticism the best way. 8D I know I don't always do that.

_________________

QUOTES:

@Cereal wrote:Hell yes ..since CC is being a little b*tch.

@rabid squirrel wrote:it's more dumb but less stupid

@Hedgehogs4Me wrote:Nigga you know what I meant.
Alright, seriously, let's stop this now before we set a bad example. xD


My super.sol download
(all of my recent tracks in one sol)
avatar
LineMagiX
Member

The ghost of LR


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Inhibitions ~ Dapianokid

Post by Chuggers on Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:41 pm

heres my rabid review
0:19 - not too much of a fan of these long manuals, because they aren't synced perfectly and are just off enough to bother me. the tubeness afterwards was also off sync, if it was even meant to be synced
0:34 - i like these little quirk segues, and this one looks like a dick to top it off
0:37 - more of this thing i dont like
0:40 - this whole section before the kramual cannon upwards seemed kinda half butted, the tubes were wonky and phoned in and the small quirky parts were out of place with them
0:48 - bang wowee i love this whole upwards and downwards sections, especially on the longer flanuals where he kinda like balances out for a second or two are really cool to see. also, theres the kramual/nonkramual alt fling in here, you forgot to mention
1:09 - this tube i like, because it isnt like overly complicated by stuff like in previous tube areas
1:16 - i like how this was synced, and the tube area after it makes sense this time because once again it cluttered like the first few
1:28 - this is a wowee section, some intense stuff that really anyone can tell is super intense. the syncs, for the most part, were on point, but the longer tubes than ran for a whole bar of song time were a little much and the time covered by them could have been put to better use.
1:42 - i really like the concept of this tube, on its own it would have been a lot more refreshing, but there were like 30 previous seconds of plain tube before hand so its not as special or pop-out
1:48 - really nice direction change, and didnt kill the flow of the track
1:50 - these tubes are better because they have content in them, more of that pls
1:56 - i like this kramual play but it could have been synced to something other than nothing
1:58 - and then more plain tubes, i understand that you need speed, but there are other ways of getting it
2:02 - nice recycles, i really like this part and then the part afterwards was wowee crazy
2:05 - this roll was the smoothest xy roll of all time and if it was like 2 times the length this would be track of the century but that wouldnt have synced well so i forgive you
2:08 - this part is a let down only to me because you said it was gonna be like limitations 5.0 for the last bit but i understand your troubles at the time so i forgive you babyyyyyy


heres my feature quote
chugness wrote:possibly best hardcore quirk of the year, because it translates well to any skill level watching, and that is hard to do
avatar
Chuggers
Member

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Inhibitions ~ Dapianokid

Post by theacp127 on Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:49 pm

Amazing stuff man, you really like those kramuals.

_________________
My Newest Line Rider Track
internal dialogue

Working on new track right now!  Very Happy

At least Hedge believed in me.
@Hedgehogs4Me wrote:I can see you becoming known as one of the best riders of 2012.

avatar
theacp127
Member

trying real hard


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Inhibitions ~ Dapianokid

Post by rabid squirrel on Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:53 pm

So I know that this is like 2 months late and you've basically stopped making tracks and a lot has already been said and chuggers already did a somewhat thorough review but idc ima do a review anyway because that's how I roll.

0:10-0:19
Dude, don't blast into the track with everything you've got if it's gonna be a 2 minute long dealio, unless the song is blasting at the start of the track which it was not. This does set up the linear nature of the track well but the intensity does not match the music whatsoever. 0:13 was a total flowkiller (don't burn me at the stake for using that term, but look at it) and that craziness at 0:14 is extremely out of place.

0:20-0:29
I thought the pinches here worked alright but the manual doesn't make sense, the music starts to build and the track drops dramatically in intensity and it just looks odd.

0:30-0:39
0:30-0:33 is excellent in my opinion. The airtime + kramuals work beautifully with the song. I wished you had kept this kind of thing going for longer than three seconds, you could have continued it until 0:40 and maybe even to 0:47 and it would have been fantastic. But instead we have a strange three-second fling quirk "section" 0:34-0:36 that blows by just as fast, looks totally different, and doesn't fit the music at all. And then another one of these manuals that firmly establishes that you have no rhyme or reason to where you are putting the manuals. Side note, maybe you were going for all blue but I really think bled would have made this track look so much cooler than those little stabilizers in the air. The thing at 0:38 was really cool except it doesn't seem to correlate with anything in the music and so we all miss it.

0:40-0:48
Weakest part of the track, easily. Three pinches for no reason because you're just going to kramual cannon him later, another randomly-placed long manual, and a kramual weird thing for absolutely zero reason whatsoever at 0:46.

0:49-0:58
On the other hand, this is clearly the best part of the track - it's no wonder it's been pointed out a number of times. You saved the kramual cannon for the best spot possible in the track and it really worked beautifully. The granuals add such a great intensity to the whole thing too. And then when you switch to xy fling quirk and then into another kramual cannon, this time the micro "section" really works because the song is rapid-fire right here and so is the track. You completely succeeded in blowing all of our minds right here, and this is why the track got featured, I would hazard a guess. And then the music sync at 0:57 is excellent.

0:59-1:08
I absolutely love this downward section! It's so great because it's like, the second half of the musical phrase you go down after you used the first half to go up. Genius. The vertical kramual at 1:05 I think works nicely, but I really wished you would have extended this downward section until about 1:07 instead of stopping it by 1:06 with the horizontal kramual stuff, and then you could have put the stuff you did at 1:06 at 1:07 and it would have timed out nicely. It just feels like a let down and the result is 1:07 and 1:08 feel like total filler. And they are.

1:09-1:18
I actually thought this was a good choice, after all the mindblowing stuff you just did, to give us a breather. And the sync at 1:17 was great too (except the little lines flying by detracted from the effect. Just let him fall, haha - we won't care.

1:19-1:28
Okay so it worked for a bit but doing the same thing again is just not classy. You could have done something different in the first section (which might have actually been the better choice), or in this section, but you just can't give us the exact same thing to look at for both sections (which, I may add, are totally different, musically) However, the squashed pinch at 1:26 was a good choice, but I think I rolled my eyes at 1:20 when I first saw this haha.

1:29-1:38
The airtime at 1:31 was easily the best part of this section. Why couldn't this section be like what you did at 0:30-0:33 with little kramual bits and lots of airtime to match the music? The music is relatively chill here so the insanity at 1:30 goes totally unnoticed because it just feels weird. And then the pinches. I started to pick up my computer to throw it against the wall at 1:34 but then paused at 1:36 when it only lasted that long, and then at 1:37 I finished the job. You owe me $2000.

1:39-1:48
I love that thing at 0:41-0:42, but if the price for that cool thing is all those goddamn pinches I will murder my firstborn. The desperate attempt to make the pinch more visually appealing actually looks super cool, but doesn't really fit with the rest of the track which is like the opposite of trying for aesthetics.

1:49-1:58
I really like this section! The kramual reversal is awesome and works brilliantly with the music. I don't think the airtime at 1:56 works, but I love the pinches made more interesting in various ways, it works really well.

1:59-2:08
I think maybe having the previous section mostly pinches and then this section mostly granuals might have worked better, the switching between various "modes" (krmaual, pinches, airtime, granuals) seems slightly random. That said, I love the granuals here and the kramuals worked excellently with the music and the slowdown timed out nicely.

2:09-2:18
This section I feel you could have made better by making it intentionally low on tricks/intensity. Like, this would have been a great place for those long manuals, perhaps. As it stands it looks a little like "ugh just do some whatever xy so this godamn thing can be done" and it fits okay with the music but I think it could have been better.

Thoughts after going through the whole thing piecemeal:
- You're good at planning on a macro scale but your planning on a scale of 5-10 second subsections could use some work
- This track was an enormous amount of work to make and I think it's a bit sad that a lot of the really technically impressive moments happen in places that are somewhat random and thus go mostly unnoticed.
- This track has some really fantastic kramual use, and some kramuals that are there for no reason at all. The kramual cannons, however, are all excellently placed.
- So many pinches. But you did figure out ways to make them more interesting towards the end of the track.
- This is not your masterpiece. This is a really solid effort and the product is quite good, but you can do better.

_________________
Support My Art
A playlist of my best tracks
To keep up with what I'm up to in the world of Line Rider, follow me:
My Twitter | My Tumblr | My Twitch | My Facebook Page | My Instagram
(You can also follow my patreon and see all public posts completely for free)
avatar
rabid squirrel
Member

I'm the artsy guy round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Inhibitions ~ Dapianokid

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus on Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:37 am

@rabid squirrel wrote:[snip]
This is not your masterpiece. This is a really solid effort and the product is quite good, but you can do better.
k brb

_________________
Don't delete your tracks!™  Thumbs Up
avatar
ScrungleBlumpkus
Member

Interior Crocodile Alligator


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Inhibitions ~ Dapianokid

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum