We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unusuals ~Chuggers

+12
anton
Chuggers
theacp127
LineBenji
Rafael
Z_N-Freak
Sheldon
ScrungleBlumpkus
RyderLR
SPL4SHZ0N3
Summoning
gaoyubao
16 posters

Go down

Unusuals ~Chuggers Empty Unusuals ~Chuggers

Post by gaoyubao Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:52 pm

For Ryder's manuquirk battle.
gaoyubao
gaoyubao
Line Rider Legend

Contest Winner: XL Contest
1st place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.visitgaomali.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Unusuals ~Chuggers Empty Re: Unusuals ~Chuggers

Post by Summoning Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:17 pm

okay that color replay transition was something else
Summoning
Summoning

Back to top Go down

Post by SPL4SHZ0N3 Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:46 pm

That was really amazing
SPL4SHZ0N3
SPL4SHZ0N3
Line Rider Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/SPL4SHZ0N3

Back to top Go down

Post by RyderLR Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:34 pm

I think I just fell in love
RyderLR
RyderLR

https://www.youtube.com/ryderofthelines

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:37 pm

^rekt

I was probably hyped about seeing that you made a thing, but I cried when I saw this. I'm still fighting back the "hootypuckers" (I'm huffin' and tryna contain myself.)

Chuggers, I miss you.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:52 pm

i cried
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:48 am

Chuggers, this track is the reason why you still play, come on, this is art. This is genius, this is love, this is simply amazing. Love you chuggers!

Never stop drawing them lines. <3
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:27 am

I'm conflicted, because first you whine about people talking about LR as an art form and even leave because of it, and now you come up with a track that's creative as hell. This is what I want to see more of you. You've got one of the most vertasile skill sets out there and here you showed how you can use in a unique way. This track makes me want to try stacking!

Ending was sick, all the sudden directional/speed changes were very well done. Some really swell manuals in there. Come back nao
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LineBenji Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:14 pm

I really enjoyed your track bro'. The flow was pretty good en the end just awesome. Congratulation.
LineBenji
LineBenji

https://www.youtube.com/user/LineBenji

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:06 pm

Rafael wrote:I'm conflicted, because first you whine about people talking about LR as an art form and even leave because of it, and now you come up with a track that's creative as  @#!*% . This is what I want to see more of you. You've got one of the most vertasile skill sets out there and here you showed how you can use in a unique way. This track makes me want to try stacking!

Ending was sick, all the sudden directional/speed changes were very well done. Some really swell manuals in there. Come back nao

This a thousand times! It's not fair of you to say that you don't like to think of LR as an art form when the result of you traeting it as such ends up being an incerdible display of execution. Your inner conflict is costing the world one of the greatest trackmakers in the world.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:16 pm

That was very nice, the overall control of Bosh was something else. There wasn't any time in the track that Bosh was being directed in an imprecise way. Everything was well calculated an executed in an way that I can't even understand at my skill level right now.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:04 pm

thank you all

sorry for making someone else post it
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by anton Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:09 pm

Please, someone. explain to me these kramual thingy-majigs. I can't not know how. I beg.

The track was beyond my comprehension btw
anton
anton

cool

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:16 pm

Anydal wrote:Please, someone. explain to me these kramual thingy-majigs.
In short. When Bosh (the guy on the sled) hits a 90 or 0 degree line at high speeds, his whole body is compressed into a pixel wide line. When arranged correctly, lines can still interact with those parts of while they are compressed.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by Josro Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:50 pm

The Mona Lisa of line rider.
Josro
Josro

Back to top Go down

Post by roflmaoqwerty Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:53 pm

My goodness, Chugs, even with all of the groundbreaking tracks coming out, you still manage to innovate one step ahead, and in such a tried-and-true style as manuquirk, no less. Holy shit.
This is why we play LR. It's not artistic snobbery or technical wankery; it's just a bunch of cool ideas expressed in a sled-and-line medium. Big ups to you for really emphasizing this on what is simply a fun track.
roflmaoqwerty
roflmaoqwerty

Dreadnips are amazing goddamn

https://www.youtube.com/user/SujiNoriteLR

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:58 am

I've watched this over ten times now and it's still SO MUCH FUN!!! Very Happy
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Unusuals ~Chuggers Empty oh boy here we go kiddos

Post by OTDE Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:36 am

Midnight review, let's go! Gonna try my hand at this stuff.

My first impression of this track was overall super positive! It's just a fantastic track to watch a bunch of times, and thanks to the editing, that ain't hard at all. So regardless of what I say in terms of little nitpicky things, you should be very proud of the fact that you can make very, very watchable tracks.

There's a rather peculiar difference between manuals made by someone who makes manuals all the time and manuals made by someone who does mostly quirk, and it's hard to spot at first, but it lies in the composition of the track as a whole. Unusuals definitely looks like a manual track taken from a quirker's perspective, and, unlike a lot of other attempts, it's fresh and powerful. (As a side note, quirk done from a manualer's perspective follows similar patterns).

This track has a very stilted feel, and the speed comes in sudden peaks and valleys. A lot of that is due to the music and the way you synced the track up to it. That's awesome, but if you start with that motif and then don't follow it to the letter, it looks like you're running out of steam. If everything displayed the same jarring, subtle pop that the first part of the track did, I probably wouldn't even have very much left to talk about.

That's what made The Well-Tempered Manual so nuts: right when you think it's about to lose its mojo, the quirk comes in with this fiery chutzpah and grabs your attention again. I kind of felt like it didn't grab my attention after 0:47 until the color replay trick, which was absolutely awesome and reminded me of Mobius Strip.

The other thing that sort of made me squint a little was the lack of really weird manual switches. There were tons of great, weird things, but if you connected them the way sssschiller does with his manuals and integration, that would have been the cherry on an already-rad manuquirk sundae.

At the end of the day, though, I can't really review this properly without this disclaimer. You didn't make this to impress anyone or for fame or money or women (in Line Rider? where?). To review this like it's a painting would be a disservice to the track and to Line Rider. A lot of the pretension that surrounds the idea of Line Rider as art is also constricting, because then it's an art so exclusively understood that its message is unclear.

Line Rider's our way of talking: we put ideas and doodles and lines on a canvas, and then we show it to people and they waggle excitedly and write some lines back. If we have fun doing that, I don't really care what we call it. Just that I enjoy drawing lines with all of you guys. <3

Chuggers, my review is now becoming a ramble, but I hope I'm explaining myself okay. If you manage to do stuff with what I said, I'll be happy. If not, I'll still be happy, because despite my grumblings, this is one hell of a track. You magnificent bastard, you.

I'm going to regret writing this when I see it in the morning, aren't I? Oh well. Y'all are awesome, and I'll see y'all on Sunday.
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Community Pick: Braggadocio

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:54 am

OTDE wrote:a review
You should review..liek..everything. 8D

The part about how the artistic aspect we try to pin on LR is very constricting is well communicated. I think we put too much pressure on ourselves for a game which is, in it's element, a very free-spirited game. 2 cents
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Thu May 07, 2015 3:04 pm

OTDE wrote:If everything displayed the same jarring, subtle pop that the first part of the track did, I probably wouldn't even have very much left to talk about.
OTDE wrote:The other thing that sort of made me squint a little was the lack of really weird manual switches. There were tons of great, weird things, but if you connected them the way sssschiller does with his manuals and integration, that would have been the cherry on an already-rad manuquirk sundae.
So I'm all highly and mightily coming into this thread like whassup I'm gonna review this shit now

And then I see this and I'm like yep that's pretty much it. I can add some stuff though.

The first 10 seconds of this track are undoubtedly the best. The stack start, the airtime, the manual into the kramual, the kramu-manual-whatever, the kramaual stop, the shoulder pinch into the integration into the "pinch" he spins though and then the beat kicks in in the airtime - this is what makes us all go holy crap dis gud trak yes whee

The rest of it is able to ride this wave, and while not introducing anything that's super new or original until the end, I feel like it sort of hypnotises the viewer somehow. I keep watching it and finding myself largely zoning out in the middle section, but not in a bored way, just in a relaxed "mmmmmm this is nice" sort of way. Even when I am trying to review it which makes it very frustrating! >:-(

0:20-0:25 the sudden slow section is nice, to contrast with the start
0:28-0:30 I really like these two isolated stacks with smooth manual/fling stuff and/or airtime around them
0:35-0:42 I love this bit, first because of the boldness, surprisingly, of staying on one side of the line. who would ever have guessed that would ever be called bold? But also that headriding loop was so fluid. the massive amount of headriding here just sneaks up on you and before you know it it's been 6 solid seconds of headriding and you didn't even notice and it felt fresh and unexpected the whole time. this for me is the heart of the track and what really maintains the hypnosis through to the end.
0:48 not a big fan of this stop, however. It just feels awkward to me.
0:49-0:55 this part on the other hand, feels a little like filler.
0:56-1:03 I love how you speed him up and slow him down while keeping the flow totally consistent, it's great
1:04 and then of course the ending. very nice. very cool.

One thing I want to say is that there was a distinct lack of integration and/or misdirection, and I couldn't decide if it was intentional or not. In a way it makes the track feel fresh and new because it steers clear of the most common means of creativity in an unconventional manual track, but on the other hand I feel like maybe it is missing out on some great possibilities. Food for thought.

It's also pretty clear that if you could have kept doing stuff that was as ingenious as the first ten seconds this would have moved from the "this is so cool" realm into the "holy shit" realm (aka wot-status), so. jus sayin. Also wow this turned into a full fledged review before I knew what was happening. I CAN'T STOP! (wub wub wub)

In any case, this track in my opinion is totally deserving of the praise it has gotten. It's definitely not a masterpiece, and it's definitely not "the mona lisa of line rider" (which is frankly laughable) but it's super fun and entertaining as well as being really, well, new/fresh/ingenious/creative. Really hope to see more tracks with this much experimentation from you soon chugs.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Thu May 07, 2015 3:23 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:
The first 10 seconds of this track are undoubtedly the best. The stack start, the airtime, the manual into the kramual, the kramu-manual-whatever, the kramaual stop, the shoulder pinch into the integration into the "pinch" he spins though and then the beat kicks in in the airtime - this is what makes us all go holy crap dis gud trak yes whee
agreed

rabid squirrel wrote:
0:20-0:25 the sudden slow section is nice, to contrast with the start
0:28-0:30 I really like these two isolated stacks with smooth manual/fling stuff and/or airtime around them
0:35-0:42 I love this bit, first because of the boldness, surprisingly, of staying on one side of the line. who would ever have guessed that would ever be called bold? But also that headriding loop was so fluid. the massive amount of headriding here just sneaks up on you and before you know it it's been 6 solid seconds of headriding and you didn't even notice and it felt fresh and unexpected the whole time. this for me is the heart of the track and what really maintains the hypnosis through to the end.
0:48 not a big fan of this stop, however. It just feels awkward to me.
0:49-0:55 this part on the other hand, feels a little like filler.
0:56-1:03 I love how you speed him up and slow him down while keeping the flow totally consistent, it's great
1:04 and then of course the ending. very nice. very cool.
i also hate the stop at 0:48, and the section after is also my least favorite which is weird because its the only planned sync, but maybe thats why

rabid squirrel wrote:
One thing I want to say is that there was a distinct lack of integration and/or misdirection, and I couldn't decide if it was intentional or not. In a way it makes the track feel fresh and new because it steers clear of the most common means of creativity in an unconventional manual track, but on the other hand I feel like maybe it is missing out on some great possibilities. Food for thought.
intentional, i think integration has been milked dry

rabid squirrel wrote:
In any case, this track in my opinion is totally deserving of the praise it has gotten. It's definitely not a masterpiece, and it's definitely not "the mona lisa of line rider" (which is frankly laughable) but it's super fun and entertaining as well as being really, well, new/fresh/ingenious/creative. Really hope to see more tracks with this much experimentation from you soon chugs.
i laughed at the mona lisa post

wait did you remember to review with my enhanced london bridge remix overdub
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Thu May 07, 2015 3:29 pm

Chuggers wrote:wait did you remember to review with my enhanced london bridge remix overdub
10/10
would laugh my ass off again
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content