We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shell Shocked - Ryderofthelines

+5
RyderLR
WTB
Chuggers
rabid squirrel
Rafael
9 posters

Go down

Shell Shocked - Ryderofthelines Empty Shell Shocked - Ryderofthelines

Post by RyderLR Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:07 am

so....this was supposed to be for the synced battle, but I forgot the whole "use a .sol posted here" thing so.....I guess enjoy this track I had fun syncing, but wish I had the work ethic to continue it.

Enjoy and please criticize

p.s. lol @ my poor editing
Link: https://youtu.be/4pgYD_rjTNY

RyderLR
RyderLR

https://www.youtube.com/ryderofthelines

Back to top Go down

Shell Shocked - Ryderofthelines Empty Re: Shell Shocked - Ryderofthelines

Post by Rafael Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:32 am

Dude, I LOVED that! Even though the music is not my taste at all I think you did really well on creating the same vibe in the track as the vibe in the song. Some of the syncs where really well done. I love the way you ended the track. It's very unconventional to end the track while the song is still going but I really liked how you made Bosh fly into the stall with that quick direction change. The sync at 0:46 is really creative as well. The camera movement made the sync really lively.
Keep playing and practicing, I can't wait to see what you'll come up with when you've got more tricks in your arsenal.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:36 am

Rafael wrote:Even though the music is not my taste at all I think you did really well on creating the same vibe in the track as the vibe in the song.
This!

I really enjoyed the smooth chains of g-wells, and even more often, airtime, followed by a few frames of massive direction shift or rotation at points with the music. It gave it the whole power-trip feeling that really matched the song nicely both in specific moments and in overall attitude. I liked 0:42 to 0:50 especially because you were totally unafraid of that huge airtime and utilized the fakie brilliantly, and it works really well. (And of course the "woo" is great :P)

I also have to agree with raf, I do love the stall - honestly it makes sense to me that he stalls in the second chorus because that's when my attention would normally start to dwindle, and I love that fast direction change and then that slooooow stall that lines up with the music beautifully.

Just went back and watched Salve to the Rhythm, and I do think I still like it better - mostly because the scope was bigger when you had an omnitrack and especially with that highspeed that rounded it off really well (and was really impressive to boot). But I think the music syncing was clearer and more fun in this one. So I do think you are improving and I am very excited to see whatever you do next (and also excited for the one particular track you showed me on stream. Please finish it Very Happy)
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:28 pm

Track fit the song perfectly

You seem to have the same problem a lot of people do when trying to get into harsher quirk, you add so many lines that on average, a single gwell does less than it would in something with no stacks or "line clouds" at all.  I don't really know how to explain this better than that, maybe I'll do an edit later

edit: take creation as an example, the amount of lines really detracts from his movements because it's easy to do a lot with that many lines
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by WTB Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:28 pm

Wow, that was awesome.

Like everyone said, track goes really well with the song (Woo!). A lot of the airtimes were really nice. The only airtime I didn't think was needed was at 0:52, which is weird because it's still synced with the song; I guess the sync just wasn't as obvious there.

Also, I absolutely loved what you did at 0:26-0:27. It's only the beginning of the track, but I'm calling it my favorite moment. Misdirection is by far my favorite thing in line rider, and you totally caught me with that little switch.
WTB
WTB

Back to top Go down

Post by RyderLR Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:32 pm

Rafael wrote:Dude, I LOVED that! Even though the music is not my taste at all I think you did really well on creating the same vibe in the track as the vibe in the song. Some of the syncs where really well done. I love the way you ended the track. It's very unconventional to end the track while the song is still going but I really liked how you made Bosh fly into the stall with that quick direction change. The sync at 0:46 is really creative as well. The camera movement made the sync really lively.

This means a lot coming from you, I'm glad you enjoyed it and I really appreciate the comment! I had a lot of fun with the syncing and,

Keep playing and practicing, I can't wait to see what you'll come up with when you've got more tricks in your arsenal.
 Hehe  Hehe  Hehe  just you wait

rabid squirrel wrote:
Rafael wrote:Even though the music is not my taste at all I think you did really well on creating the same vibe in the track as the vibe in the song.
This!

I really enjoyed the smooth chains of g-wells, and even more often, airtime, followed by a few frames of massive direction shift or rotation at points with the music. It gave it the whole power-trip feeling that really matched the song nicely both in specific moments and in overall attitude. I liked 0:42 to 0:50 especially because you were totally unafraid of that huge airtime and utilized the fakie brilliantly, and it works really well. (And of course the "woo" is great :P)
Fakie airtime was probably my favorite and the most fun, but the wooh was fun too

I also have to agree with raf, I do love the stall - honestly it makes sense to me that he stalls in the second chorus because that's when my attention would normally start to dwindle, and I love that fast direction change and then that slooooow stall that lines up with the music beautifully.
I didn't necessarily want to end the track there, I would've liked to continue it, but it seemed like a good time and the music lined up well so  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just went back and watched Salve to the Rhythm, and I do think I still like it better - mostly because the scope was bigger when you had an omnitrack and especially with that highspeed that rounded it off really well (and was really impressive to boot). But I think the music syncing was clearer and more fun in this one. So I do think you are improving and I am very excited to see whatever you do next (and also excited for the one particular track you showed me on stream. Please finish it Very Happy)
I know I can do better than both this, and slave to the rhythm, and I'm having a lot of fun with LR right now so expect to see more from me soon! And of the track you're talking about is progressing very nicely and I've got some great ideas for it.

Chuggers wrote:Track fit the song perfectly

You seem to have the same problem a lot of people do when trying to get into harsher quirk, you add so many lines that on average, a single gwell does less than it would in something with no stacks or "line clouds" at all.  I don't really know how to explain this better than that, maybe I'll do an edit later

edit: take creation as an example, the amount of lines really detracts from his movements because it's easy to do a lot with that many lines

Still don't understand what you mean but I'm glad you think the track fit the song, that was my main goal with this track Very Happy

WTB wrote:Wow, that was awesome.

Like everyone said, track goes really well with the song (Woo!). A lot of the airtimes were really nice. The only airtime I didn't think was needed was at 0:52, which is weird because it's still synced with the song; I guess the sync just wasn't as obvious there.

Also, I absolutely loved what you did at 0:26-0:27. It's only the beginning of the track, but I'm calling it my favorite moment. Misdirection is by far my favorite thing in line rider, and you totally caught me with that little switch.

<3 This made me feel great coming from you, and I too love misdirection and plan to have stuff like that make more of an appearance in my tracks to come.

Thanks for all the comments everyone! much appreciated!
RyderLR
RyderLR

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:42 pm

Chuggers wrote:Track fit the song perfectly

This a thousand times. People will notice a small directional change with a lot of lines more than they tend to with a huge one with fewer lines. The more lines in a stack, the more assumption is made as to what they are doing.

Aaand this track also had grade A quirking in it. YOU GOT SO GOOD SO FAST
and it feels like you've been quirking for a lot longer than you have.
det sync tho <3
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by RyderLR Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:49 pm

Dapianokid wrote:
Aaand this track also had grade A quirking in it. YOU GOT SO GOOD SO FAST
and it feels like you've been quirking for a lot longer than you have.
det sync tho <3

Been quirking since like 08 just took huge breaks from Linerider and never released anything xD
RyderLR
RyderLR

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:11 pm

I feel like there was a bit more you could have done without having so much air time, not that I don't like air time (just look at my tracks), but it felt like a bit too much open space where nothing happens for a good second or two. Other than that, the technique used for the track was well planned and executed in a way that was pretty enjoyable.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by Orthuss Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:56 pm

As said on stream, "wow, you really came out of your shell".

In all seriousness, awesome music sync, awesome airtime, awesome tricks. I'm not the best critic so I'll leave it at that. Woo!
Orthuss
Orthuss

Walruss

Back to top Go down

Post by Inukaza Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:51 am

This is really inspiring. I'm glad I watched this and this is giving me some good ideas. :3

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down