Kramuals ACTUALLY explained, and why diagonal kramuals are possible

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: Kramuals ACTUALLY explained, and why diagonal kramuals are possible

Post by Conundrumer on Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:24 pm

@Fauxfyre wrote:So um, yeah. lol

Your explanation isn't complete. There are boundaries where Bosh in non-xy kramual position pops out. Sheldon encountered these in WTK. It's a consequence to how floating point numbers work. I'll make a separate thread for it, with the physics code I refactored.

Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 on Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:01 pm

Man. I remember when I thought they were completely impossible, but I think that making them in beta 2 would be a pain and half. Even if they are possible I don't think people would have ever done them without LRA.

Working on new track right now!  Very Happy

At least Hedge believed in me.
@Hedgehogs4Me wrote:I can see you becoming known as one of the best riders of 2012.

theacp127

trying real hard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by anton on Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:04 am

They would've stumbled upon angled kramuals one way or another. Kramwood did it once, and we got the standard kramual.

Last day of camp, everyone is getting sappy, so i finally had time to write this. Should describe Daps, Sheldons and my own experiences up until new years eve.

The story thus far (fairly accurate, don't feel free to point out minor mistakes. However, do feel free to add any important info)

Sheldon and dap tried to angle kramuals a bit, lra came, i tried to angle it a bit more, before we knew it we'd discovered first forced kramuals (they were pretty much XY +- 5 degrees).

A few months later sheldon started fucking shit up and kramual curves emerged from the depths of satans anus. WTK started and we figured out insane methods to manipulate iterations/subframes.

I made an angled kramual airtime by luck during the making of wtk. Then, by accident, we had non-xy kramual airtime. I discovered them, but non of us understood it. Some time passes.

By altering iterations i successfully made a rightwards cannon start (98ppf). Dap thought "oh shit, i know what to do with this".

Once again shit got fucked up, and from gods precum glitch quirk was given birth to. This is what is shown during the last few seconds of the WTK video.

Sheldon, the noob, developed an in-game theory for why angled kramuals were possible (with some help and clues from conun??). Floating contact points-theory and the idea of inaccurate calculation of contact points and some more freaky deaky shit led to "the matrix" (badass name). In short: a visualization of where angled kramual airtime would be possible.

That is all i am aware of as of right now, will update? Idk. Here it is for those of you who didnt know (which i am guessing is the majority of you).

anton

cool

Community Pick: SYTYKC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus on Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:36 pm

nothing new in the way of technique, all I know is that I've experimented with conceptual visual art. We need you back to go further into the depths of satan's anus.

Interior Crocodile Alligator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon on Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:47 pm

@theacp ive done two frames of angled kramual consecutively pre-WTK and yes it was a pain and a half
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum: