We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Battle Track

+5
MiniBoyns
Chuggers
Getthim
Orthuss
hypothet
9 posters

Go down

My Battle Track Empty My Battle Track

Post by Getthim Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:23 am

Last edited by Getthim on Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Getthim
Getthim

A bumble bee bumbling along.

Back to top Go down

My Battle Track Empty Re: My Battle Track

Post by hypothet Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:28 pm

I love the ideas that your scenery is bringing to the table.

Also, the form of the bare track is itself unique in ways. A few irregularities in flings and manuals give the track a peculiar tilted feel, at least to me. Not a bad thing, by the way.

Anyway, great job with this.
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by Orthuss Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:02 pm

That rope looks dang awesome. I love how you scened that starting fling too.
I like how you have multiple sections (manuals, flings, XY) and scened each in a different way. Nice job.
Orthuss
Orthuss

Walruss

Back to top Go down

Post by Getthim Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:06 pm

oh, i'd be blushing if not for the fact i'm a grown man. wait a min, i'm not
*blush blush* 8D

ta for the comment thus far, looking forwards for new ones, oh it's like christmas all over again
Getthim
Getthim

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:08 pm

that groovy is seriously groovy

also the music was lovely
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by Getthim Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:50 pm

lol i forgot to edit out the bit at the end of the music. Shocked
Getthim
Getthim

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniBoyns Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:46 pm

I want to be you.
No seriously, your track making is exactly what I'm aiming to achieve. And you're there already. My idol.
I can't really give too much constructive feedback given that it's better than what I can do, other than the fact that I felt maybe the scenery was a little bare? Good job though, thoroughly enjoyed it.

MiniBoyns

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:53 am

Okay enough praise in this thread time for me to come in guns-blazing and rip it to shreds Stern but Fair

No but actually it's really great to see your first scenery release (what??? you gotta release more! Hehe ) and great to see scenery on here general.

But I am gonna say this is some of the weakest work I've seen from you. (because I know you are mature and can handle me saying that) I know you're capable of a lot more because I saw what you did in the forest scenery WCC collab and in your CSP parts, most of which was amazing. You have SO MUCH TALENT, you just need to figure out how to apply it to your own solo track releases.

Side note before we begin - I think you can come up with a better title. Having a real title usually implies more work/thought put into a track Thumbs Up

Okay, before we begin I also want to talk about this criteria. This is not a points system or a ranking system and you will never find a track that is five stars in all categories (even breathtaking silence didn't get full marks) because critique involves suggestions for improvement. Also, if one of these categories is not something you were aiming for, it is totally fine for it to not be five stars in that category (e.g. this track not getting full marks in the "epic factor" is totally expected and totally okay!) This is less of a "grading scale" and more of a list of things that I found myself talking about over and over in scenery tracks so I decided to make a list so I wouldn't forget anything. (It also maybe needs updating but whatever 8D )

Ambitious? Not really
Epic factor/Impressive? No, but that's okay.
Complete/Cohesive? It did feel finished, but not sure about cohesive. More on that later.
Vision? Not really. It looked like you decided how to scene each individual piece separately.
An Experience? somewhat. more on this later.

Quality of art? Everything was at least decent. Rope/pillar thing was AWESOME. XY was probably weakest section.
Creativity in scening things? Yes, for sure. This track was definitely not repetitive :P
Speed manipulations? none (totes fine)
Detail? Varied. some sections were terrific, others were just okay. I'm sure you know which was which Smile
Consistency? okay. never felt bad but there was a big difference in
Unified Theme? The scenery felt pretty random to me. Rocks, tech stuff, epic cosmic underworld stuff, flowers, and a big "GROOVY" all in under 30 seconds. Was there a theme you were going for or was this just random stuff?
Originality? I definitely see the cosmic underworld inspiration (almost plagiarism haha) and that is kinda the best part of the track haha. But you do a lot of stuff that isn't copied. even if it is random. which is good.
Speed? Pretty slow most of the time. rope part was maybe a bit fast for the level of detail.

Monument placement? No real monuments, but most detailed parts went by the quickest. This is an issue that all the greatest sceners have struggled with (TD, BHCS, LRG) so don't feel bad.
Monument usage? nothing that wasn't used. good job.
3-D (extrusion, adding shine, shading, contour lines, adding depth)? kind of flat in my opinion, except for the rope.
Made sense? The start had some stuff with him riding on the inside of the outline of some piles of rocks and flinging off them which looked really weird to me. But most of the track was great.
"Hiding" the track? (this is bad) great job not doing this at all Very Happy
Good Ending? Kinda lame in my opinion. but sweet.

I think you aimed pretty low with this track - not in terms of the amount of work you put in but in terms of vision, or purpose. I'm guessing your goal here was to make a fun little track with scenery, and that's fine, but the scenery felt pretty random. The best part was the rope which was straight out of cosmic underworld, but the rest didn't match it in detail. Couldn't see a consistent theme, and the whole thing felt pretty uninspired and flat.

NOW DON'T GET ME WRONG. I LOVE YOU AND WANT YOU TO RELEASE MORE SCENERY. Also, don't take this as me telling you to add more detail to your scenery. I just want you to make scenery that follows some sort of cohesive idea, whether that be a certain theme or style or anything else. I know you are super talented and I can see so much potential in you so that's why this is review is on the harsh side. I'm trying to push you to find yourself.

You know what my favorite track is? Happily Ever After - decided on it after watching all 250 videos on saturday. It's not my favorite because it's the most detailed or most mindblowing, it's my favorite because it tells a story, because the simplicity of the scenery works to its advantage, because the track and the scenery work together beautiful, and because of the amazing artistic talent. But I love it most of all because it is inspiring. CC didn't spend a million years on it, and it still turned out amazing because it was totally his style and we all loved it for that.

I'm trying to encourage you to find your own style. Good Luck Thumbs Up
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Getthim Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:09 am

thanks for the review rabid, it is as you say, it was a fun little track with scenery. I did kinda make the scenery up as i went, and i only went with the rope because there was a big manual line.

I will try and get a more solid idea for what scenery i want over all.
Getthim
Getthim

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:37 pm

They don't seem to stay noobs for very long anymore. You got pretty good pretty fast. You did an excellent job of masking the bare track (which was your best yet!) and altogether made everything feel like it fit. Even though it was a bit random, nothing felt too out of place because the style was fairly consistent.
Fantastic work, definitely some good competition in our poll! Thumbs Up

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:52 pm

There's not enough room on these forums for two winners.  Suspicious

But seriously, amazing stuff, as always, Getthim.

EDIT: You used my start! <3

Last edited by Dapianokid on Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by roflmaoqwerty Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:42 am

dat cosmic underworld rope tho

Very nice scenery, and not a bad track to boot. I'm no scenery expert, but I think the simplistic nature of the artwork fit the track perfectly. Excellent job; we need as much scenery as we can get nowadays!
roflmaoqwerty
roflmaoqwerty

Dreadnips are amazing goddamn

https://www.youtube.com/user/SujiNoriteLR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down