We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PM the LCC/WCC got on YouTube

+14
Sheldon
Conundrumer
Purtle
ScrungleBlumpkus
.Iso
Fauxfyre
Opal Rider
Chuggers
hypothet
[senpai] kevans
efrazable
gaoyubao
Getthim
rabid squirrel
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

PM the LCC/WCC got on YouTube - Page 2 Empty Re: PM the LCC/WCC got on YouTube

Post by Chuggers Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:07 pm

[senpai] kevans wrote:We could submit featured tracks to the channel, as a way to 'immortalize' them or pay tribute. The process could involve re-recording the track with the tools they provide us, if they give us recording software, and make the video higher quality. With input from the person who made the video in the first place of course. The videos should include an intro of sorts, describing who made what track, name or something, and at the end a simple end card with a link leading to the channel and here. That way it's not 'just WCC and LCC' tracks.

I think the appropriate frequency we could upload these is once every two weeks or so, going through the list of tracks we already have, and if any new tracks get featured, they can be uploaded then.
I think this is a pretty good idea, and it wouldn't take too much time to make it work
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:30 pm

I kind of like that idea, but there are so many tracks that have a recording process that is far more complicated than a single save file (e.g. split scenery) Also, things like music and editing styles and recording zoom levels are so important to the overall feel of a track that I don't think it's fair to "remaster" a whole bunch of old tracks. On top of this, we have access to only a tiny percentage of .sols for tracks that have been featured. Not to mention this would be a TON of work to get a consistent high quality system.

I would say upload the original videos, but re-releases have usually just complicated things - divides the views, makes it unclear where to find a channel with more videos like it... I dunno I just try to avoid it.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:42 pm

So then we'll just upload the original videos if that's the case, pretty sure none of us really care about views here anymore. I mean, you search on youtube line rider, and you'll get the tracks for like 5 or 6 years ago that became famous during it's hype period, and only have their view counts because that's all you see on the first page of youtube. No one ever really goes past the first page, let alone second. Two annotations are all that's needed. One with weridethelines.com, and one leading to original. Disable comments and ratings on re-uploaded videos so any form of attention past views and favorites goes to original creator.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

https://kevansevans.github.io/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:24 pm

line rider is no business what is this
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:11 am

[senpai] kevans wrote:So then we'll just upload the original videos if that's the case, pretty sure none of us really care about views here anymore. I mean, you search on youtube line rider, and you'll get the tracks for like 5 or 6 years ago that became famous during it's hype period, and only have their view counts because that's all you see on the first page of youtube. No one ever really goes past the first page, let alone second. Two annotations are all that's needed. One with weridethelines.com, and one leading to original. Disable comments and ratings on re-uploaded videos so any form of attention past views and favorites goes to original creator.
I'm not sure that reuploading these is going to change the fact that nothing ever gets any views. And something just irks me about uploading them to this channel. What's it going to be now, the LCC/WCC/featured-movies-channel-but-not-IRTLtube-that's-this-other-channel? I almost want to suggest a new channel except that'll be even more work. And I still have no idea about an upload timeframe... Ugh all of this just makes my head hurt. I would like to get done with all of the site maintenance that has been neglected over the last 9 months and start actually working on projects of my own, not try some longshot deal with an animation company by reuploading a bunch of tracks and see if we magically get a huge influx of people into the community.

I'm sorry for throwing up excuses. I'm just tired of 1) tons of work for a site that often doesn't seem to care and 2) the persistent belief of this community that there is somehow a quick fix that will return us all the the golden years in a matter of days. We consistently have a number of guests viewing our homepage. I don't think the problem is that nobody finds us, I think the problem is that nobody who finds us cares much about what we do. And I don't think there is much we can do about that besides make good art.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:19 am

Actually, I like that idea of a dedicated channel. We could have it set up to not just showcase dedicated tracks, but tutorials as well, akin to MC Spotlights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgSHniON3Dc

If site maintenance is something you want to prioritize over, I can handle the dedicated channel. I've said millions of times that I'm willing to do this work for everyone, and I've tried showing it the best that I can with the sol archive and build archive, and even a website with the goal of being the definitive source of LR info and materials. I've practically got nothing better to do with my free time (if it's not work, or the occasional movie night with friends). I'm sorry if this sounds like a power grab to you, but I genuinely want to help with this, and the point I'm trying to get across is that it can't hurt to try. What's the worst thing that we could lose? No more youtube partnership? Oh well. Big deal, we'll still keep playing, we'll still make our own videos. I'm just as worried as you are if it doesn't work out, but it's not going to be a bad thing if it fails, and am aware that this will require a lot of work, it's just a potential good thing that could happen.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:05 pm

I would also be willing to work on this. What's the worst that can happen?

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Stallie Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:38 pm

Sounds like a great idea, keep up the good work guys.  Wink 
Stallie
Stallie

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:19 am

[senpai] kevans wrote:Actually, I like that idea of a dedicated channel. We could have it set up to not just showcase dedicated tracks, but tutorials as well, akin to MC Spotlights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgSHniON3Dc

If site maintenance is something you want to prioritize over, I can handle the dedicated channel. I've said millions of times that I'm willing to do this work for everyone, and I've tried showing it the best that I can with the sol archive and build archive, and even a website with the goal of being the definitive source of LR info and materials. I've practically got nothing better to do with my free time (if it's not work, or the occasional movie night with friends). I'm sorry if this sounds like a power grab to you, but I genuinely want to help with this, and the point I'm trying to get across is that it can't hurt to try. What's the worst thing that we could lose? No more youtube partnership? Oh well. Big deal, we'll still keep playing, we'll still make our own videos. I'm just as worried as you are if it doesn't work out, but it's not going to be a bad thing if it fails, and am aware that this will require a lot of work, it's just a potential good thing that could happen.
Shotoku wrote:I would also be willing to work on this. What's the worst that can happen?
Alright. shotoku since you are on board with this I will say go for it to both of you. But I want to make it clear that I will probably not work on it myself. Doesn't mean I don't support it.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:21 am

As long as the Frederator Channel realizes that we don't actually animate stuff (unless Chuggers counts) and is fine with the content that we release then I see the possible opportunity as a good thing. They are an animation channel and it depends on if the channel viewers like watching the tracks to se if they would keep us as a partner. In kinda the same topic I recently got a new editing pc rig and could help edit and render out videos if needed and I would love an opportunity to have a constant project to work on.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by roflmaoqwerty Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:27 pm

Kramwood wrote:I just got the same pm.
roflmaoqwerty
roflmaoqwerty

Dreadnips are amazing goddamn

https://www.youtube.com/user/SujiNoriteLR

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:46 pm

what the heck i didnt get one

they must have bad taste in players

/s
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:48 pm

They haven't replied to our second message, so I'm starting to think this was a fake. Oh well :P
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by LineMagiX Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:14 pm

I wanna make tracks for Fairy Odd Parents. D:

EDIT:
gaoyubao wrote:Creates pressure for more content? idk
^^^
LineMagiX